Amanda28 is offline Female Member

Looking to cut and tone

hey ladies.... looking for some feedback. I am 5'3 128# do an hour of cardio 5 times a week. Not looking to bulk up ,just to get rid of a few "soft" areas. I have read up on a few cycle options and wanting some personal feedback of what would work best. Thanks!!

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.

saymass003 is offline Female Member
    Welcome. It would probably be helpful if you could explain to us what your diet and weight training is like. Do you only do cardio?

CanisLupus is offline Junior Member
    Welcome to the forum, Amanda!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Amanda28 is offline Female Member
    Yes my workouts mainly consists of cardio. 1 hour elliptical or 45 min yoga....kickboxing. Is it better to do some weight training as well?

supafreky is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda28 View Post
    Yes my workouts mainly consists of cardio. 1 hour elliptical or 45 min yoga....kickboxing. Is it better to do some weight training as well?
    I'm not all knowing about fitness and working out but from my understanding, cardio will help you burn calories and cut down fat, now if you don't have that much fat then cardio is pretty much useless except for helping with stamina (maybe?). It's always good to work in cardio but strength training helps to build muscle and tone, also helps a ton with metabolism because you are building muscle. If your main goal is just to tone and get rid of your soft areas, then I'm sure a regular strength training regimen is adequate. If it's your butt you want toned, do barbell squats and hexbar exercises; if you want your arms toned, do assisted pull ups, bench press for chest etc. Oh, and maintain a good diet

Thread Information