Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 3 Post By Obs

Thread: Newbie! Would love to hear your thoughts!

RDZ
    RDZ is offline Female Member

Newbie! Would love to hear your thoughts!

Hi All!

Sooooo, I’m pretty new to the fitness world. I was always petite, 5’4 weight 118-125, never worked out, ever. I was soft, but it was all about my dress size back then (insert eye roll). I gained a ton of weight while pregnant with my son, starting weight 118 ending weight 193. I dieted like crazy, but whilst nursing, I held onto most of the weight. For about a year I was 170, once I was done nursing I started cardio and dieting, and not it a healthy way. 8 months I was back to 120. However, I was consuming way too little calories, had very little knowledge as to what I was actually doing to my body. Most days I tried to be under 1,000 calories. So, I gained back 20lb, pure fat, nice. I was frustrated with myself, so I decided to educate myself. I was tired of being soft, and really wanted a lean physique. I started lifting, HIIT, and meal prep with macros. When I started I was at 35% BF and I got down to 20%, with my goal being 18%. I know most body builders absolutely hate CrossFit, but I fell in love with it, and that’s honestly where I saw most of my fat loss. Plus, I feel it helps with functional fitness, and that’s huge for me! Anyways, I ended up being diagnosed with stage 1 cancer, nothing too serious, thank goodness! Had surgery, everything was removed! But during this time I wasn’t able to keep up, and unfortunately during those months my body fat went from 20% to 24%. However, even at 20% I was not happy with my physique, I hold my weight in my stomach, hips, and thighs. Back, arms, and legs all looked great, but I wanted and want to see abs (every newbies goal, am I right?)

Where I’m at right now is I want to jump in head first. Get back at it, and hit that 18% goal. I’m really looking to lose fat, that’s my main goal. The numbers on the scale do not matter, it’s inches and physique. I’ve done some research on Var, and I’m getting mixed information. Some say it’s great for fat loss, and other bulk. The majority say it’s great for cutting, is that everyone else experience? Or would Winnie be a better option?

I would love to hear what everyone would suggest? No products have been bought. I don’t know where to start? I’m someone that likes to see results, so is 10mg too little, or is that a great starting point for a first cycle? The more information I can soak up the better! I appreciate everyone’s help!!

Thank you!

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RDZ View Post
    Hi All!

Sooooo, I’m pretty new to the fitness world. I was always petite, 5’4 weight 118-125, never worked out, ever. I was soft, but it was all about my dress size back then (insert eye roll). I gained a ton of weight while pregnant with my son, starting weight 118 ending weight 193. I dieted like crazy, but whilst nursing, I held onto most of the weight. For about a year I was 170, once I was done nursing I started cardio and dieting, and not it a healthy way. 8 months I was back to 120. However, I was consuming way too little calories, had very little knowledge as to what I was actually doing to my body. Most days I tried to be under 1,000 calories. So, I gained back 20lb, pure fat, nice. I was frustrated with myself, so I decided to educate myself. I was tired of being soft, and really wanted a lean physique. I started lifting, HIIT, and meal prep with macros. When I started I was at 35% BF and I got down to 20%, with my goal being 18%. I know most body builders absolutely hate CrossFit, but I fell in love with it, and that’s honestly where I saw most of my fat loss. Plus, I feel it helps with functional fitness, and that’s huge for me! Anyways, I ended up being diagnosed with stage 1 cancer, nothing too serious, thank goodness! Had surgery, everything was removed! But during this time I wasn’t able to keep up, and unfortunately during those months my body fat went from 20% to 24%. However, even at 20% I was not happy with my physique, I hold my weight in my stomach, hips, and thighs. Back, arms, and legs all looked great, but I wanted and want to see abs (every newbies goal, am I right?)

Where I’m at right now is I want to jump in head first. Get back at it, and hit that 18% goal. I’m really looking to lose fat, that’s my main goal. The numbers on the scale do not matter, it’s inches and physique. I’ve done some research on Var, and I’m getting mixed information. Some say it’s great for fat loss, and other bulk. The majority say it’s great for cutting, is that everyone else experience? Or would Winnie be a better option?

I would love to hear what everyone would suggest? No products have been bought. I don’t know where to start? I’m someone that likes to see results, so is 10mg too little, or is that a great starting point for a first cycle? The more information I can soak up the better! I appreciate everyone’s help!!

Thank you!
    Congratulations on your post-partum weight loss. It sounds like you've been through a lot.
    You say you didn't like your physique at 20% bf when you were doing crossfit. This is why you hear bodybuilders dislike crossfit. It's exercise, but it's not training designed for physique change. The only good thing I can say about crossfit is it's better than not exercising (as long as you dont injure yourself doing it.)
    If you want to see your physique change you should train for that. Bodybuilding techniques are highly effective for such goals.
    As for steroids at 24% bf. No. Not a good idea. You will gain weight and if not extremely careful some of the weight gain will be fat. Get your diet in order and lose weight naturally, then, if you want to put on muscle give var a try.
    I dieted from 24% to 12.65% before my coach ever suggested var and clen . I've been on cycle for about 2 months and put on 6 pounds - while keeping my calories at approx 1200/day (150g p, 60-70g f, <30g c) and exercising cardio 4-6 days/week, weights 6 days/week.
    Check out the nutrition and workout forums.
    Best wishes!

RDZ
    RDZ is offline Female Member
    Thank you so much for your response! Congrats to you for being able to diet to less than 13% that’s impressive! I definitely want to lose body fat! I feel that at 20% I hit a stand still. Adjusted macros, lifted heavier, and I didn’t see any results. I do lift, and will take your advice and put more emphasis on isolation training.

Do you feel that having lower carbs with your macros help more with fat loss?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Whoops female member.... My apologies edited....
    almostgone likes this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RDZ View Post
    Thank you so much for your response! Congrats to you for being able to diet to less than 13% that’s impressive! I definitely want to lose body fat! I feel that at 20% I hit a stand still. Adjusted macros, lifted heavier, and I didn’t see any results. I do lift, and will take your advice and put more emphasis on isolation training.

Do you feel that having lower carbs with your macros help more with fat loss?
    For me it did because I was carb sensitive. My blood sugar levels fluctuate greatly when I consume more than maybe 10 carbs in a meal. (Might be better now since my bf is lower.) With the blood sugar fluctuations came what I call "brain hunger," referring to that awful feeling of low blood sugar that can happen even when not in a calorie deficit. Si, by cutting carbs I was able to stay in a calorie deficit comfortably without much hunger and lose a lot of fat fast.
    As for workouts, I wasn't suggesting isolation exercises, but rather hypertrophy training. Check out the exercise forum!

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Whoops female member.... My apologies edited....
    Obs- are you behaving??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Obs- are you behaving??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one saw it... So yes.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome!

Stop over-thinking, simplicity facilitate many things.

Thread Information