moxie-girl is offline Female Member

New Here - Want to Lose Fat and Gain Size

Hello all. I am new here and just starting my program. Or should I say starting to learn what I need to start my program.
    I am looking for some advice as to what the best way to go about this is. My goal is to lose about 15 lbs of fat but I also want to gain muscle mass. I will more than likely never be huge, yet being a buff chick doesnt scare me in the least
    I have started eating a little better, lots of chicken breasts, tuna, limiting daily carbs and sugar. But I need to know specifics on what supplements I should be using, what my diet really needs to look like, etc. I am not against stacking, but think that should be later on in my routine. Also, I am just getting back in the gym and need to know what I should be leaning towards as far as a program. As I said I want to gain muscle but lose fat, should I concentrate on one or the other or ??
    Thanks for all the help in advance.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    First of all welcome to the board....you have come to the right place to learn.

To make it easier for us to help you along we need some stats. age? weight? training experience?

What I suggest is training 4-5 times a week and start off with some cardio 3-4 times a week for 30 mins a day. As for a setting a training routine up for you..we have to know your experience.

You are on the right track as far as reducing your carbs and sugars but you have to remember with that it is going to be hard to put on size. So what you can expect with that is a leaner harder look. Which it seems you are looking for.

PTbyjason will hook you up with access to the female board and I am sure there are a bunch of the ladies that wouldn't mind letting you in on their little secrets.

Thank you Shredz!
    Lets see, I am 26 yrs old, 5'6" and right now am 155 lbs with around 26% bf. When I was working out regularly a few years back I was at 135-140 and pretty lean and fit. However, I didnt have much size.
    I know the basics of the gym, prefer free weights over machines most of the time, but do not know what weights I should be using, reps that are best for me, etc.
    I am looking forward to getting on the main boards, but your help here is much appreciated.
    Thanks again!

Anytime!!

As far as weights and rep range. You should be keeping your weights to a weight that allows you to get 10-12 reps. Now the 12th rep you should just barely get or maybe even need a spot. I see some many woman finishing at the 12th rep when they could get 5-10 more.

Your protein intake should be around 150-200gms a day. If you can't get this by eating you will have to get a protein shake. There are tonnes out there that are low in carbs and sugars that are excellent sources of whey protein.

Stay away from the MRP's (Meal Replacements) since they are generally higher in carbs.

I personally preffer to stick with free weights over machines however there are tonnes of machines out there these days which are fantastic. So don't be shy to ask someone how to use them properly.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Welcome to AR......you came to the right place

Thanks girls for the tips!
    I am already very happy that I joined up here. I am getting a ton of great info and hopefully one day I will be ready to post my pics along with all the rest of you guys.
    Thanks again!

[QUOTE=moxie-girl]Thanks girls for the tips! [QUOTE]
    \
    Girls??????????

Thread Information