Thread: New to it all

ftw817 is offline New Member

New to it all

Hello guys. I came across this site and it seems like the best one out there. I'm a 38 year old male in Texas. Tall and skinny, and so tired of being that way. I have never done any type of weight training in my life at all. I've decided its time to quit thinking about it and make a serious change in my life. I was hoping you guys could tell me the best way for someone to get started, which products to use and those to stay away from. I really appreciate any input you have. Thanks a lot.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR....

mitch428cj is offline Member
    if youve never trained before you should definetely start doing that , and work with your diet , visit the bulking diet sticky on here and make sure your getting enough food and of the right kinds , since you are already 38 maybe you could get some blood work done and see what your test. levels are , maybe adding in a low dose of test. would help you out if your test. levels are low if not then you shouldnt use any kind of AAS since you havent even been weight training , but i wouldnt do anything more than that the way you are now until you gain some weight through your diet and get some experiance in the gym , products you could use are protein powders, tribulus, r-ala, cla, creatine, multi-vitamins, weight gainers, there are alot of them

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    If you have never worked out before, you need to build a frame first. I would not worry about supplements at this point. Your main focus needs to be on your diet and workout routine for awhile. Dont even think about AAS right now, you will surely end up hurting yourself more than helping. I would suggest a routine not focused on heavy weight. You need to learn how to use the right technique on the exercises. Stay away from machines and cables. They are supplements to your workout. Stick with your fundamental compound movements right now. EXAMPLES include: Bench press, military press, deadlifts, barbell or dumbell rows, squats, leg presses, bicep curl, nosebreakers, tricep extensions. Make these your main exercises. I would suggest working out 4 days a week. Example routine:
    Monday: chest, shoulders, bis
    Tuesday: legs, back, tris
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: repeat Monday
    Friday: repeat Tuesday
    Sat and Sun: off
    Do up to 3 sets per body part. Start out doing 10-15 reps.
    This is the plan i followed when i first started working out and it gave me strength and endurance. After i built a good base i switched to only doing each body part once a week. In your case you will benefit more by doing each twice a week. Remember dont go heavy and get your technique down perfectly. Ask a trainer at your gym or go to the technique sticky here if you have any questions. When you are ready for supplementation i would recommend micronized creatine and glutamine. Good Luck.

welcome

sammycasper is offline Junior Member
    welcome bro. I have already learned alot from these guys. If you check out the workout forum and talk to a trainer at your gym you'll have a great head start. Just remember don't get discouraged and stay MOTOVATIED and you'll see the results. other than what the guys above said you might want to take some before pics they will help with the motovation.

GOOD LUCK BRO

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR bro!!! enjoy and learn..

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR. Great idea to take up training. Start slow with some basic stuff, don't worry to much about any fancy products, find a protein drink you like and use it, take a muilt vitiaman and keep it simple. Good Luck!

Rocket

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to teh board bro.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Welcome.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome to the site, i am the official greeter. for help or any questions feel free to pm me and i can direct you to the thread.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board bro, happy pokin........

I R Baboon is offline Associate Member
    welcome

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    welcome to AR

Thread Information