NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member

Exclamation erndog21971 - about myself

Hello everyone, I thought I would write a little about myself.

Height: 5'-9 1/2"
    Weight: 175lbs.
    B.F: 14%
    Experience: Off and on for 7 years

I was a skinny kid growing up and through much of my young adulthood. I was 135lbs. when I got married 7 years ago. I started lifting with some co-workers and moved up to 185lbs. over 5 years. At one point last year I weighed 203 with 16% BF, not the best mind you but bigger than I ever thought possible. Then some freinds of mine got me into the BMX scene, ramp riding like Dave Mirra and those guys. Anyway we were getting pretty good, so I started focussing on this more and losing weight to help my riding abilities. I built some ramps in my backyard, and we were having a blast. Long story short I was riding a 6' half-pipe with a spline in the center and something went wrong. I was coming down on my face from 8' up, and it was either my face or my only free hand, I ended up breaking 3 wrist bones, and tearing 3 ligaments, one all the way through. After surgery last Febuary and rehab until May, I am back in the gym. I could barely do 135lbs. without it killing my wrist, what an eye opener. Before the accident I could push 275lbs.
    I am now working out with 185lbs. on bench and progressing. If I could do it all over again I would leave the "kid" stuff to my friends, I mean riding ramps at 32 was not the best idea. If I would have stuck with lifting I am sure after the 11 months I wasted I could have gotten alot better and somewhat bigger.
    I realize now how important lifting was for me, no longer the skinny person with low self-esteem, lifting has been the best thing to ever happen to me, and I turned my back on it to have some fun with my so called freinds, because after the accident, when i could no longer ride, they were nowhere to be found. Imagine that !!!!! I joined this board in hopes of continuing my lifting knowledge, I see that there are alot of great people here to learn from,
    ~SC~ to name one, most of you I can tell are sincere and positive people, I hope to enjoy my time on this board, Keep up the good work.

NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member
    I never really thought about the racing aspect of BMX. I still have my bikes, but the bike needed for racing is so much lighter and just as expensive. I guess i might have to sell one of my freestyle bikes and get one if I decide to pursue it. I am just a little leary of getting hurt again right now and further hampering my lifting. Thanks for the reply

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome bro.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Welcome...

dprayvd is offline Junior Member
    good to see ya bro!

Thread Information