doubleplay is offline New Member

Where The Hell Do I Start?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hello to all I am brand spankin new here and was hoping someone could help me to find my starting point. Thanks in advance to any and everyone who replies, MUCH appreciated.
    <br>
    <br>
    BACKGROUND: First off I am an ectomorph, for those who dont know what one is, we are the skinny mofo's that never gain much of any, fat or muscle, without having to work and work HARD at it. (think of basketball player Sean Bradley) When I was around 22 6' 165 I bought a book and how I could gain weight as I was fed up with being so frail, (at least in appearance) So i did what the book said, which was basically eat like a fat pig. In the beginning it was hard to eat so much, but after around 6 months it became the norm and I ate and ate garbage and more garbage (Jack i the Box, Taco Bell, ect.)
    <br>
    <br>
    Long story short, I am 25 now and have gained some weight, unfortunately 70% of it is condensed in the gut and ass region, leaving me with a "beer gut" and the same skinny ass legs and arms, making my body even less attractive (at least I was proportionately skinny before.)
    <br>
    <br>
    My Goals:
    Build muscle mass (Ideally, 1 1/2-2 1/2 inches extra on my biceps, forearms, ect, not looking to get "big", just cut and more mass) trim the belly down to flat (dont need a rock, just no flab) do this in as QUICKLY a time frame as possible, am willing to use any and all supplements that dont invlove upping my testosterone , (I am predisposed to balding, starting to thin slightly, and I understand this will significantly speed up the process. I am already workin on some products that I may need a precription for to fight that (battle on two fronts)
    <br>
    <br>
    Othernotibles:
    I HAVE NEVER WEIGHT TRAINED BEFORE. I've lifted a few weights a handful of times, but never religiously, so I am just starting out. Are free weights the way to go or I've been eyeing the total gym and bowflex.
    <br>
    <br>
    Please give me some direction! Any direction! Just point! Theres so much **** out there I've been researching for 2 weeks and still dont have a concrete approach. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!1

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome, bro. you've come to the right place. The first thing I would do is visit the diet forum, and read all of the stickies. Second, hit the training/workout forum and read up there too. Use the search button to find threads on something you want to know about. That's a good start - Good luck, bro.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    welcome

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR! First off I must say I gain weight by looking at food so I think you are the lucky one, second to gain some muscle and lose some fat I would still eat big if I were you, just eat better food, next train heavy low reps (5-8) and basic movements ie squat, Bench, Deadlift, a few curls and some close grip, and a press....also did I say squat. Good Luck!

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    welcome, just read, read, read thats what i have been doing here for months now so much good info here and very intelligent people here best page i have ever found helps me out alot.

VMDINC69 is offline Junior Member
    Bro When I Was Youger I Wanted To Be Big So I Found A Big Guy And Hired Him As A Trainer. He Taught Me Some Great Thing About Working Out And Work Outs And How To Change Them And Some Old School Tricks That Never Go Wrong. When Working Out The Most Important Thing In How Your Doing The Exercise Not How Much Weight Your Lifting. Good Form Will Bring You Better Muscle In The Long Run And Make Getting Strong Alot Less Painfull B/c You Wont Be Hurting Yourself. And Like Youve Been Told Read Read Read And Read Some More And Just Try Things See How They Work And I Dont Mean Steroids . Try Out Workouts, Diets, Splits In Your Workout, And Then And Only Then When Your About Two Or Three Good Years In To Some Good Hard Training And Youve Reached Your Own Natural Growing Ability. Go A Head Try Something Out And See How You Like It. Just Know What Your Taken Before You Take And That Really Hugh Guy In The Gym Your Thinking Of Asking . Dont He Just Wants Your Money Not To Help You And See You Grow. Good Luck Bro

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR...

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Welcome.

doubleplay is offline New Member
    Thanks for the replys so far.... I am wondering why I shouldnt begin taking supplements right off the bat (well at least wait until I have gotten a solid routine and form down) Does taking them prior to forming out naturally inhibt future muscle growth? (hehe im an impatient mofo)

VMDINC69 is offline Junior Member
    Being Impatient In This Game Is Nota Good Thing. Im 26 And It Take Me 7 Years To Get Tto Wear I Am Today. Starting At 145 Im Now 215 Witha Bench Over 500 And A Squat 650+. I Look Goofd In Both Cloths And With My Shirt Off But Its From Hardwork And Putting The Time (paying Dues As They Say) And A Good Diet. I Nhardly Ever Drink Or Do Anyother Type Of Drug. You Need To Decide What Kind Of Look You Want. The Off Someone Thats When You On Juice Everybody Knows B/c You Look Like It Or The Type That Has Good Soild Muscle And You Take Stuff To Build Off That Foundation Youve Built. Look Aroud Your Gym Tonight And You Can Tell Who Has Real Muscle And Who It Just Full Of Water And Fluid. I Wish You Luck Bro I Really Do. This Is A Game Of Hardwork And Patients And Growing Over Time. Look At It This Way In A Normal 3 Months At The Gym You Only Get To Work Each Muscle Group 12 Times Is That Really Enough Time To See The Size You Wanna See In The Mirror Think About That

Thread Information