Thread: first timer!

ftw817 is offline New Member

Question first timer!

Hello everyone! I'm a 39 year old male that has never lifted in my life. Trying to get in shape and pack on some muscle. I'm 6'1", 175lb, lean. I know absolutely nothing about any type of suppliments, steroids , etc. I have been working out for about a month, 3 times a week, and was wondering when and what I should start with. Should I start with oral, cream, injectible or what. And what is TEST that everyone seems to be talking about? Who isn't up for increased sex drive...lol. Anyway, I appreciate everyones input and help!

lost and confused in TX

I will try to post a pic so everyone can see my body type.........its not good!

skinny Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails first timer!-front2.jpg  
    Last edited by ftw817; 10-12-2005 at 09:17 PM.

Welcome to AR !!

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    WELCOME - as for your questions/comments - utilize the search feature and you will have any questions answered for you. i will say this (and im sure that many others will chime in and say the same) you need to lift for a while before taking anything aas releated to get the best results. im not talking 5 years here but def more then a few weeks.

nytro is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    WELCOME - as for your questions/comments - utilize the search feature and you will have any questions answered for you. i will say this (and im sure that many others will chime in and say the same) you need to lift for a while before taking anything aas releated to get the best results. im not talking 5 years here but def more then a few weeks.
    YOU NEED TO RESEARCH THE HELL OUT OF THIS. START WITH TEST I THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. THIS BAORD HAS EVERY ANSWER YOU NEED. JUST USE THE SEARCH BUTTON FIRST, AND IF YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ASK. WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

velvetlion is offline Banned
    I think you should seriously consider waiting at least a year before attempting to cycle anything. You need to learn how to get results from your workout naturally and then enhance it after you have that down.

thanks for all of the info, I will definitely put cycling anything for a year or so since I am just getting started, that seems to be everyones advice. I was wondering if it would be smart to take anything like TEST or protein powders, or should I rely more on my diet.

MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    welcome to ar.

i think taking any steroid now, would be worthless. lift for awhile naturally. learn how to eat and lift properly before diving into anything. hit the diet and workout forums for awhile just to learn the life of bodybuilding. its a wonderful lifestyle. remember that diet accounts for 60+% of all gains. good luck

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    You need to eat bro. I mean you will have to eat until you feel sick, like you have never eaten before(that was an assumption). Do not jump on steroids without having some experience in the gym, you could actually get hurt like a ripped muscle or rotator damage... This can happen even if experienced as strength will go up and you try to lift more. Learn the ropes around the gym and make sure you go. Research the forums on diet, training, and steroids. Lets get you in the gym and eating right first.

Test=testosterone the prop, cyp, e are signafiers of the ester attatched.

Welcome skinny greg(two years you will be known as sick monster greg...)

Thanks mesomorphyl......LOL.....I'm ready for the sick monster greg to show up one of these days! I'll keep working at it. How often should someone go to the gym a week?

nalbano34 is offline Member
    Take it from a fairly small guy and a hard gainer.....5'9 168.........just eat and stick to ALL basic movements. No flyes and shit...just deadlifts,squats,benches,rows with a barbell...that kinda crap............AND EAT FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck on here!

Thread Information