Big_gRunt is offline Associate Member

Smile Howdy people :-)

Hi all,
    I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now. I'm from Australia. Trying to learn my stuff. I've done a few different forms of training (MMA, BB & power lifting). I've always had trouble keeping my gains.

Current Stats:
    Height: 6'1 (182 cm)
    Weight: 169.4 lbs (77kg)
    BF: 15%
    Body type: ectomorph.
    BMR:1800
    Blood test: Full investigation - all within normal ranges.
    MPB: Prone!
    Kidney function: Ok, but one side has lowish function so I can't take creatine.

My goal is to build my weight to 190 - 200 lbs (85 - 90kgs) of good lean mass that will stick around. And keep my hair. Tall order, I know. So thats about 22 lbs (10kg) bigger than now.

I'm considering a "juice holiday" for a few months but it all depends my employment situation. We'll see. In the mean time I'm doing my research so if I do it then it will be worth my time & effort.

There seems to be some really good knowledge & experience around this place so I'll try not to be a pain in the butt with redundant questions!

Cheers,
    BR.

Oh, BTW...hope the avatar makes my posts more readable !

he he.

My Training history

Training History:

Age 13-17:
    Mixed martial arts almost everyday for 4 years. Power training 3x week in gym (Plymetrics) for about 6 months.

Best stats during this period: Weight 187 lbs (85kg), BF < 8%

Age 17: Begun loosing hair.
    Begun experimenting with anti-androgens to combat MPB.

Age 19: Had a hairline like clint eastwood has now.
    Begun taking Finasteride (proscar) 1mg ED & Minoxidil 2x ED.

Age 21: Had all my hair back by age 21. Then Got lazy taking the hairloss stuff.

Age 23. weight had dropped down to 151 lbs(69kg) BF 12% (due to no training, not enough food and finasteride side effects) Stopped taking finasteride & minoxidil.

Begun body buiding as per Arnold's encyclopedia (workout level 1) To the letter. Had a great diet with a huge intake of everything good, in balanced proportions. Was getting lots of rest. Training 5 days per week as hard as I could. Didn't have a job so plenty of time to train. Started at 71kgs.

first month + 3.5 kg
    Second month + 2.5kg
    Third month + 2kg
    Fourth month + 1.5kg (small gain didn't help moral)
    Fifth month + 0.5kg (resumed finasteride out of fear of hair loss)
    Six month + 0kg

Best stats for period : 180 lbs (82kg), BF < 10%. (I looked fantastic)

Age 26. Weight fallen down to 160 lbs (73kg). BF unknown% (lean though).
    Got off the finasteride again. Begun power lifting, 6 week cycles. Weight went up to 176lbs (80kg) BF 14%. Trained for 2 years with 6 time national champ. (not as a training partner but under his guidance).

Age 27. Broke leg - stopped training.

Age 28. - begun using Melanotan 2. Got Sick, weight dropped to 156 lbs (71 kgs). BF unknown%. Hair line receeded, but not quite as bad as at age 19. I looked like shit. (Dark shit that is).

Age 30. Weight 165lbs (75kg), BF 13%. Begun moderate BB gym training again.

Six weeks later (now): Weight 169lbs (77kg), BF 15%.

Now using: Nizoral 2% (mon, wed, sat), Finasteride 1mg almost ED.
    Blood test: All normal.

So in general, I can make acceptable gains naturally for a while. However finasteride always seems to kill my strength and appetite and recovery. Recovery turns to shit. I've had to drop from 3 day splits to 2 days splits when on finasteride.

Just started nizoral so maybe that will give me a leg up this time?

When I've done a bit more reading and thinking I might post a cycle propostion (in the appropriate forum of course) and get some advice.

Cheers,
    BR.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome.

Aussiebb is offline Associate Member
    So is the question weight gain or pct?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    how the hell do you remember or even know all that crap? i know i had the flu about 2 years ago and probably dropped weight but i cant tell you how much and i definatly cant tell you how much i weighed 4, 5, 6 and 7 years ago. anyway welcome to AR.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    how the hell do you remember or even know all that crap? i know i had the flu about 2 years ago and probably dropped weight but i cant tell you how much and i definatly cant tell you how much i weighed 4, 5, 6 and 7 years ago. anyway welcome to AR.
    I know this might sound strange, and hit me on the head with a rock if its abit over the top, but ive kept records for the last three years, they concern, health, training routine, diet and so on.

god im not normal

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome.
    Regardless of why you are the size you are now, 6'1" and just under 170lbs at 15%bf means you are no where near ready for a cycle, with proper diet and training you could easily add 40lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    Ha ha ha... Yeah well I've kept a few records too. They're a bit patchy but I filled in the blanks for ya.

I thought it would be worth mentioning all of it so maybe you could see if I would be wasting my time with AAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiebb View Post
    So is the question weight gain or pct?
    Well, I guess it's not a PCT question because I haven't used AAS before. Unless I should be doing some kind of SERM or AI with finasteride????

I'm just trying to gain weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Welcome.
    Regardless of why you are the size you are now, 6'1" and just under 170lbs at 15%bf means you are no where near ready for a cycle, with proper diet and training you could easily add 40lbs.
    Hey,

With proper diet and training so far all I've been able to do is about 12-15lbs max. Then I just get stuck.

I think the finasteride has beaten my natural test levels down (aging has too, I guess). But I didn't take a test reading before I started on it years ago. So I can't be sure.

My blood investigation shows test @ 20 (ref range: 9.5 - 35).

Easily add 40lbs! I wish.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome. There is a wealth of information here.

Thread Information