Thread: Hi

Mister Fister is offline New Member

Hi

Hey all,
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say im happy to be a part of this forum.

I am 24 years old - 6'1" - 210Lbs I have been working our for about a year and definatly havnt seen the imporvents ive wanted. Now, i damn sure look better than i did when i was 235 but im still not satisfied. I havnt really gone up much with weights. I have been eating better but i still lose it on the weekends. I switched from eating 3 crappy meals a day to 5 decent meals, 2 of them BSN Syntha protein. I have stopped my diet for the holidays and gained 5Lbs. I am ready to get back in it but i think i need a new game plan. I do have some fat on me and would LOVE to say goodbye to it (mainly love handles). I have toned up, my boobs dont look like cones anymore and that was my main concern at the time. I now need to focus on weight lose and muscle gain. Can that even be done at the same time? Or is it better to lose my weight the gain muscle?
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by Mister Fister; 01-07-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Welcome

Padsterdog is offline New Member
    Hi, it all depends how far you want to take your training. Do you really want to just float along or do you want set some sound goals and stick it out until you reach them. It sounds like you have already shaped up a little and dropped 25lb in 1 yr which is not bad when you confess to falling off the wagon when the weekend comes around. Cut out the drink and junk food binges for 6-8 week and up your cardio and see how you come on, good luck.

Mister Fister is offline New Member
    I havnt really done much cardio so far. A little running here and there but when i work out (usually for 1 hour) I sweat like beast. What is a good amount of cardio? The lady at vitamin shoppe told me to watch out doing to much cardio or i can "run my muscle off." Is that even true?

Anyone have any links to some good diets?

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Welcome to the AR
    And yes rea the diet section you will find what you need

alex18 is offline Member
    welcome!

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

Padsterdog is offline New Member
    Everyone is different and all will have their own views on how much Cardio to do and the time of day to do it. I suggest you have a good look through the Workout Questions sections and search 'Cardio'. There is so much info on there you could chop and change your routien about until you find what is right for you.
    Remember too, you don't have to be breaking records (level 10 x 1hr) on the gyms new 10K treadmill (gym owner looking at you like Lou Ferigno doing a Most Muscular)!!!! to drop the excess unwanted fat.
    3-4 times a week for about 40 -45 mins is good for me. Love the Stairmaster 40 mins on Super Fat Burner setting. Also many people are still unaware of how much they can actually tailor their weights routine to make it more Cardio based.

Good luck again and keep reading (diet & workout questions).

Thread Information