Thread: New Old Man

pappybay is offline Junior Member

New Old Man

I am 52 and have been on TRT since last July. I am at 180 mg per week, 2 at 90 per week and 500 Iu of HCG 2 times per week, 3 MG of anastrozole. I have put on 20 pounds since last July. I have read so dang much I think I know more than my docs mos to the time. That knowledge is in large part to reading for an insane number of hours on forums like this one.

I am considering a "first" cycle of 400 mg per week for 12 weeks to hopefully pick up 15 pounds. I will probably start in August (I take off 3 weeks in July for vacation time).

A little off topic about me, but my wife is also on HRT: progesterone and I am very interested in getting some knowledge about females and test as she has expressed an interest.

I look forward to taking advantage and learning from the expertise here.

Thanks!

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't have a clue but others do and there is a site dedicated to TRT Q & A. Find it where you came in. …crazy mike
    “Oldest Juicer on the Forum”

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    I am 52 and have been on TRT since last July. I am at 180 mg per week, 2 at 90 per week and 500 Iu of HCG 2 times per week, 3 MG of anastrozole. I have put on 20 pounds since last July. I have read so dang much I think I know more than my docs mos to the time. That knowledge is in large part to reading for an insane number of hours on forums like this one.

I am considering a "first" cycle of 400 mg per week for 12 weeks to hopefully pick up 15 pounds. I will probably start in August (I take off 3 weeks in July for vacation time).

A little off topic about me, but my wife is also on HRT: progesterone and I am very interested in getting some knowledge about females and test as she has expressed an interest.

I look forward to taking advantage and learning from the expertise here.

Thanks!
    you are probably right. my GP knows squat about TRT!

regarding your idea of a cycle. let's not put the cart before the horse yet and let me ask you a few questions, fair enough?

how many years have you recently been hitting it fairly hard in the gym?

What is your current Body fat %

height?
    weight?
    knowledge of nutrition as it relates to steroids and body building?

going on TRT and doing steroids for body building purposes are two totally different things, and many more things to consider when taking larger amounts of testosterone .

take a shot at answering some of that, and then we can proceed.

---Roman

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the site!

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Welcome!

thehor is offline Member
    Welcome.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Welcome

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome to the community.

Nicholas1 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome

Thanks for all the great welcomes. I look forward to accessing your knowledge base. I hope everyone will be patient with my many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    you are probably right. my GP knows squat about TRT!

regarding your idea of a cycle. let's not put the cart before the horse yet and let me ask you a few questions, fair enough?

how many years have you recently been hitting it fairly hard in the gym?

What is your current Body fat %

height?
    weight?
    knowledge of nutrition as it relates to steroids and body building?

going on TRT and doing steroids for body building purposes are two totally different things, and many more things to consider when taking larger amounts of testosterone .

take a shot at answering some of that, and then we can proceed.

---Roman
    I have historically lifted for many years and then took off about 8 years (life happens) have been very consistent since last July (2012) in a gym at my home (very nice gym). I typically do the following split

Chest,
    Shoulders/triceps
    Back/biceps
    Off
    Legs (quads)
    Legs(hams and calves)
    Off

I am 6' 3"
    I started at 175 lbs and about 11% bodyfat. I am now at 195 lbs and I would guess 15% bodyfat. My fat is 100% isolated to my gut and love handles.

With respect to weight, I typically do 8-12 sets for major muscle groups and 4-6 for minor, lifting progressively starting in the 10-12 rep range and ending in the 5-8 for major muscle groups and 8-15 for minor muscle groups. For calves I am in the 25-30 rep range and for traps I am in the 12-15 range.

For example, when doing dumbbell flat bench I would do 65 each, 70 each, 75 each and end with 4-5 reps on 80 each. I try to add either weight or reps each workout to keep the progressive component in place.

I do no cardio as I am clearly ectomorph body style, 33 inch waist X 34 inch inseam (used to be 36) and 46 in shoulders (based on suit size) with skinny arms and bird legs.

With respect to nutrition, I am pretty informed. I eat three meals and snacks in between. I drink 3 ON shakes a day with 84 grams of whey isolate, 3 grams of Creatine, take fish oil, D-3, multivitamin and biotin (hair). I eat a LOT of chicken, broccoli, rice, steak, roast beef, turkey, fish (grilled), pork steak, squash (grilled), eggs, bacon, biscuits, potatoes (no butter). Most of my foods are grilled or baked. I do not drink or smoke. I average 4,000 calories per day. I am not a perfectly clean eater but I am more strict than most. No sweets for example, ice cream or heavy sugary foods. I do like bacon and good old sage-based sausage.

Sleep is typically 6 hours a night (I know, I know). I do not suffer from stress at all and I do have a high pressure job and a great sex life with my beautiful wife.

Recently I have been suffering from a sore left bicep (ortho says no tear, just take off and I did back off my weight for a month, still an issue but I do not want you to get hung up on the bicep issue.)

My E2 and E3 are low and I do get some severe joint pain about 2 days after my leg workouts (I do not go to 90 degrees on squats, about 75 degrees and about 70 degrees on leg extensions) Fish oil seems to help.

I want to reach 220 lbs at about 8 percent body fat and maintain.

I hope this is enough info for a good start. I really appreciate any feedback and guidance.
    Last edited by pappybay; 06-10-2013 at 09:18 PM.

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome

DuggyPhresh is offline Junior Member
    Welcome!!

Bump for response from Times Roman

Thread Information