Thread: First Time

2bstronger is offline New Member

First Time

There is so much competing information on the use of supplements and anabolic steroids that I am confused as to what really is going on with this subject and how it can apply to me. I am glad I came across this site as it seems to be technically informative. I am 49 yrs. old, I weigh 155 lbs. and I want to put on 15-20 lbs. of muscle mass in about 45 days (actually no hurry). I am healthy and I do not take any other medications and do not have any history of physical or mental illnesses. I do not want to take any injections and I want to stay away from steroids that have intolerable side effects such as water retention and or estrogen related side effects such as make breast development. Also, the aim is to select the correct steroid cycle so I can minimize the post cycle treatment. Can I be directed to the best place on this forum to address some questions that I have:
    1. Is this the right place for me?
    2. What is the correct supplement for this goal?
    3. Do I need to employ a post cycle treatment to control side effects?
    4. What PCT do you recommend?
    Your help is much appreciated.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Hello 2bstronger, and welcome to the forum! Copy and paste your questions in the Q&A section of this forum. You will get some good responses there. This is mainly for introductions. You may need to reconsider your opposition to injections. In my opinion that's the safest way to cycle steroids . Good luck!

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Unless you are 5ft 2 and 10% body fat you have no business hopping on a cycle at 155 lbs. the diet section will get you where you want to go. And you know what the best part is. No needles and no sides. Good luck.

GAINZ4DAYZ is offline Junior Member
    Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place!

Thanks for the quick reply ,strongblood, if injections is/are the only way then I will not choose to do anything.

Thanks Nephets, I also read the introductory comments that states what you mention here, but it's quite contradictory. On one hand, it absolutely discourages any non experienced individuals to never try steroid cycling and then in the next instance is says ...but if your stubborn and going to do it anyway then ...I am not going into competition, never going to be a pro athelete, not going to pickup chicks but I am noticing muscle tone / mass leaving me. The article is written for young folks and does not mention folks over 40-50.

Thanks gainz4dayz, I will research a little further and see if this is for me

Quote Originally Posted by 2bstronger View Post
    Thanks Nephets, I also read the introductory comments that states what you mention here, but it's quite contradictory. On one hand, it absolutely discourages any non experienced individuals to never try steroid cycling and then in the next instance is says ...but if your stubborn and going to do it anyway then ...I am not going into competition, never going to be a pro athelete, not going to pickup chicks but I am noticing muscle tone / mass leaving me. The article is written for young folks and does not mention folks over 40-50.
    There is a right way and a wrong way do do your first cycle. It tells you the proper way to run your first cycle. But, besides a right way, there is also a right time. I think that's why it looks like it's contradicting itself. If you spend some time on here you will notice most of the people looking for advice on thier first cycle already have their mind made up either way. So even if we tell them it's not the right time for them ( to young, not enough natural gains yet, diet is shit , very little training history, etc) at least we can show them the safest way to run it. The cycle may suck and they may never keep thier gains because it's not the right time, but at least we can minimize their chances of fucking up thier health. hope that makes some sence.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Welcome glad your here!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum, if you have any Q just ask, put your Q in the right sub forum for the best help. This section is just for intros.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    There is a right way and a wrong way do do your first cycle. It tells you the proper way to run your first cycle. But, besides a right way, there is also a right time. I think that's why it looks like it's contradicting itself. If you spend some time on here you will notice most of the people looking for advice on thier first cycle already have their mind made up either way. So even if we tell them it's not the right time for them ( to young, not enough natural gains yet, diet is shit , very little training history, etc) at least we can show them the safest way to run it. The cycle may suck and they may never keep thier gains because it's not the right time, but at least we can minimize their chances of fucking up thier health. hope that makes some sence.
    respectfully, IMHO the introduction article for newcomer needs to be re-written so it it better describes specific age groups and genders and provide links to guides that help explain where to seek professional advice either on this web-site or through sanctioned professionals by this group. Otherwise it just appears to me to be hunting and pecking on my keyboard to find the right search in this site so I can get to the right information not just opinions. I think I will lurk around this site a little longer because frankly I haven't found what I am looking for just yet and so far don't think that I will, as I am just still confused as to where is the information.

to be honest its been a while since I read the introduction for newcomers so I cant comment much on that. As for the questions, if they are cycle related, post them in the anabolic steroid question and answer section. Its a little tough sometimes to find your exact situation in the old threads so posting one yourself may be the best idea. Good luck.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome.... Read the Stickys in each forum, then post in the Q/A forum with specific questions. Also use the advanced search found at the top of the page. Most need to spend time around the Board to learn enough to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    to be honest its been a while since I read the introduction for newcomers so I cant comment much on that. As for the questions, if they are cycle related, post them in the anabolic steroid question and answer section. Its a little tough sometimes to find your exact situation in the old threads so posting one yourself may be the best idea. Good luck.
    Thanks Nephets for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by brazey View Post
    Welcome.... Read the Stickys in each forum, then post in the Q/A forum with specific questions. Also use the advanced search found at the top of the page. Most need to spend time around the Board to learn enough to ask questions.
    Thank you brazey!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Alot of knowledge here steroid .com. Do your research and then research some more. Give us a little background about yourself, age, strength training history, dietary habits, and possible cycle history, etc.....then try post in the Q&A section. Welcome.

Thread Information