• 1 Post By Nephets
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: How to treat newbies.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

How to treat newbies.

ALL THE TIME:
    I see newbies post something simple and simply dumb. Its not their fault and they are usually asking if they are correct. Then twenty non-newbies jump their ass. "OMG WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO FROM" or "WTF ARE YOU THINKING DUMBASS!"
    My quetion is why? Why be a condescending douche to someone who doesnt know better and asked a question respectfully? Do you have little man syndrome? I fully understand someone getting their ass jumped if they are being a little punk know it all when they dont know shit but thats not the case half the time. Half the time it does't matter how much ass they kiss, some dickhead is gonna rip him and run him off.
    Being a crude, unwelcoming cocksucker, will hurt this forum. When someone respectfully asks a dumb question like, "hi, new here, I wanna get jacked, Im 18 and ready to cycle, what should I take?" Ten motherfuckers are gonna, as crudely as possible, run them off. "You are way to young and you are way to untrained and fat, hit the diet section and wait six years" thats not welcoming.
    I tested this out on some new, too young to cycle members: #1 I was extremely polite. #2 I engaged them with gratitude. #3 I explained politely that they could hurt themselves and why it would be better for them to wait. #4 I asked them to please stay because this is much more than a place to learn about AAS.
    NOW HERE IS THE KICKER, THEY ARE STILL HERE AND I TALKED THEM OUT OF CYCLING!
    When you explain to someone politely, that you respect them and you are glad they came... the rest of what you say has a lot more bearing. "Read the pin ups and the educational threads, before you post dumb shit!", thats not gonna get very far. They are trying to engage in a conversation in a new world, to them. YES SOMETIMES ITS REDUNDANT DUMB SHIT.
    I have seen this forum with a lot, lot more members and its fucking awesome! I love arguing with older members because they aren't going anywhere and we all know it. Now a newbie on the other hand does not get this. Most of them skip right over the pin ups and educational threads and post, lots of them getting their ass ripped. About two ass rippings and they are gone... its sad... like a baby got kicked. Then, older members talk about how sick they are of these fucking dumb newbies posting without reading the pin ups. Well, guess what? Those newbies are the future of this site... BE POLITE.
    I was recently confronted about this and now that I tested out the other way, (grattitude and politeness) I see how easy it is to make a member stay.
    THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE POSTING TO A NEWBIE... Are they being polite? Am I being rude?

Obs
    Bump

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    You are rigth and admin has posted warnings. Like, newbi flaming will not be tollerated.

To be the devils lawyer for a second, when a 18-22 year old newbi asks this question? Am i too young to use steroids ? Yes, some of us cant be disrespectfull....why?

We have answered this question in a polite way 30 times before.

The answer of this question is this forums soul and asking us this without any research whatsoever migth be taken as disrespect when u have a bad day, bad workout and a little roidrage.

Its second to nature to be a little loud when u have been stuck with this shitty life ( :-)) and done everything rigth for 15 years and chickenbreasts and proper aromasindosing is in your sleep, every nigth, and a pimply teen will have an easy quick solution to look like your self in 2 months.

When we were recruits there always were a cocky sergeant around and now its payback.

Its the way the world rolls. Its a hell of a world but u dont just walk in a club...anywhere..with your questions and expects that the old dogs invite you to their inner most table. Ur lucky if u get a milkshake in the lobby the first time.

Well, it shouldnt but it can be like this. And i fully agree with u and admin. Flaming of newbis should never be tollerated.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 12-12-2016 at 01:48 AM.
    Obs and numbere like this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    What a hypocritical post.

I don't understand how you can make a post about people being more polite and feel it's alright to use that type of language.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Numbere got a point there bro...

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish ppl would tell I'm too young to do juice
    krugerr likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    What a hypocritical post.

I don't understand how you can make a post about people being more polite and feel it's alright to use that type of language.
    Number you are way, way, way too easily offended. To be right honest you are not suited to be a monitor. This post is not for newbies its for the older members and if you think the members here that have been here a while dont curse you are funny. I can also cuss up a storm with a new member and as long as I don't direct it at them... most feel all the chummier for it. I remember logging on to 100k + members and they were very active members. This site is dying because of longer members flaming newbies. Not cursing. Number you should find other threads. You never have anything positive to say so why not just find some other place. Read some of your posts and ask yourself, "how often do I compliment someone". I have read your posts and they are dry and plain as hell. If this site has no personalities, no one wants it. Number you make it hard to like you. Why not stay away from my threads?

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Numbere got a point there bro...
    No he doesn't.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    You are rigth and admin has posted warnings. Like, newbi flaming will not be tollerated.

To be the devils lawyer for a second, when a 18-22 year old newbi asks this question? Am i too young to use steroids ? Yes, some of us cant be disrespectfull....why?

We have answered this question in a polite way 30 times before.

The answer of this question is this forums soul and asking us this without any research whatsoever migth be taken as disrespect when u have a bad day, bad workout and a little roidrage.

Its second to nature to be a little loud when u have been stuck with this shitty life ( :-)) and done everything rigth for 15 years and chickenbreasts and proper aromasindosing is in your sleep, every nigth, and a pimply teen will have an easy quick solution to look like your self in 2 months.

When we were recruits there always were a cocky sergeant around and now its payback.

Its the way the world rolls. Its a hell of a world but u dont just walk in a club...anywhere..with your questions and expects that the old dogs invite you to their inner most table. Ur lucky if u get a milkshake in the lobby the first time.

Well, it shouldnt but it can be like this. And i fully agree with u and admin. Flaming of newbis should never be tollerated.
    Like I said newcomers dont see the pin ups. So they post. Odds are if you googled, "steroids " you are looking for steroids when you found this site. So you are gonna get a bunch of young and uneducated posts about getting big fast from young pups. Chew their asses, run them off every time and pretty soon it will be three of you here gabbing it up. A person can politely tell them to, "read the rules please". If they cant do that they dont need to reply. Newbies are sensitive (some nearly as sensitive as numbere) and there is competition. Until a member has been here a while, dont flame them, "politic them".

Obs
    Things continue this trend and in a couple years this site is gonna be terribly thin, keep in mind when posting to a newbie.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Number you are way, way, way too easily offended. To be right honest you are not suited to be a monitor. This post is not for newbies its for the older members and if you think the members here that have been here a while dont curse you are funny. I can also cuss up a storm with a new member and as long as I don't direct it at them... most feel all the chummier for it. I remember logging on to 100k + members and they were very active members. This site is dying because of longer members flaming newbies. Not cursing. Number you should find other threads. You never have anything positive to say so why not just find some other place. Read some of your posts and ask yourself, "how often do I compliment someone". I have read your posts and they are dry and plain as hell. If this site has no personalities, no one wants it. Number you make it hard to like you. Why not stay away from my threads?
    You completely missed the main point I was trying to convey.

Thanks for all the kind compliments, they help show your true character.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    You completely missed the main point I was trying to convey.

Thanks for all the kind compliments, they help show your true character.
    Numbere, I dont go around trying to offend people. Like I said I love chumming it up with older members. My adjectives are not directed at people specifically that would be offended by them. No I didn't understand being called a hypocrite and If you didnt mean anything by it you really got me mister and the jokes on me. I'm not getting dramatic sir. This is very important to me and I hope members can start putting on a face for newbies. It sucks I know, it gets old, but we need to kiss hands and shake babies. Ive logged in a lot to 17000 members. New threads are staying on the front page of new posts for 24 hours. I would do all I could to boost this. I try to bring in new members from youtube and have even referred personal friends here. When one of them joins and asks something dumb, I will be furious if they are ran away.

Obs
    Silabolin, you are a complete dbag and i think you are awesome. You are right where I wanna be size wise. I showed your pic to my gf and said this is where I want to be... she gave me a go to hell look and said she didnt want me to get that big. she already whines when I show her a new vein. Have a good day brother, get off your big ass and go shred something.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    for me its only when the info has been posted and they still want to argue about what some trainer or there 17yr friend that runs gear and is big is saying is right, then i rip them. im all for advice and asking questions after a little research, but dont argue when advice is given, do your own research with it, dont pester us with arguments when you are the one that asked for advice. i rarely flame a noob..
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    for me its only when the info has been posted and they still want to argue about what some trainer or there 17yr friend that runs gear and is big is saying is right, then i rip them. im all for advice and asking questions after a little research, but dont argue when advice is given, do your own research with it, dont pester us with arguments when you are the one that asked for advice. i rarely flame a noob..
    I agree completely! I also cant believe how pushy some of them are. They ask advice and then bite the hand that feeds them.
    Juced_porkchop likes this.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    its easy to forget that we have no idea what they have been reading or told and this may be their first time hearing this info. Its a good reminder obspowerstroke and we can always do better.
    Obs likes this.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Newbies dont get jumped on around here until they step out of line. When an 18 year old asks about using they're directed to numerous threads where young people hurt themselves using to early. It is explained in a completely civil manner until they continue to argue that it is safe.

If you think new members are treated rough around here you should see some of the other forums, and they're thriving. Why? They have sources.

You're also wrong about the forum and its lack of traffic. The reason for the lack of traffic is the fact that there are no sources here. That is the only reason. If sources were brought on board traffic would pick up instantly. With all the source boards its hard for a forum like this to stay relevant when everybody just wants easy access to steroids not good information.
    Last edited by jstone; 12-12-2016 at 04:56 PM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Newbies dont get jumped on around here until they step out of line. When an 18 year old asks about using they're directed to numerous threads where young people hurt themselves using to early. It is explained in a completely civil manner until they continue to argue that it is safe.

If you think new members are treated rough around here you should see some of the other forums, and they're thriving. Why? They have sources.

You're also wrong about the forum and its lack of traffic. The reason for the lack of traffic is the fact that there are no sources here. That is the only reason. If sources were brought on board traffic would pick up instantly. With all the source boards its hard for a forum like this to stay relevant when everybody just wants easy access to steroids not good information.
    We have never been a source board and use to have a ton of people posting. I think we still get a ton of traffic. But you are right, when people are just looking to buy and some dude that's huge as hell at the gym says they need 750mg of Test E, Tren A, Deca and winny to round it off for their first cycle. It is hard to get them to stick around when we are going to counter with them the need to not do all that their first time.

I think we have a unique board in that we have people that have been here for 10 plus years. Not very many boards even last 5 years. I do get frustrated when we will have a civil conversation and maybe getting through to a newbs. Then one member will out of nowhere add their two cents in a rude manner. I wish there was a way to limit that.
    Juced_porkchop and Obs like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post

This board ten years ago had 100k members when you logged in, we didnt give sources then either. I pay a lot of attention to the newbs that stay and the ones that post 7 times and are gone. The ones greeted frienndly and appreciatively stay. The ones treated dryly wind up going to youtube and get crumby and often wrong info. The flaming and condesceding mannerisms need to be reserved for people who have been around long enough to know the rules.
    I have been verbally licking newbie butthole lately and they respond well. A thousand others do this and we could put this place back like it was. Newbie butthole tates bad sometimes but its great when they stay and become part of the brotherhood.
    By the way I have seen other forums. I see them daily. This is motherboard, motherboard needs help. 2014 you joined I dont think you know its history.
    Last edited by Obs; 12-12-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Juced_porkchop likes this.

Thread Information