Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By brazey

Thread: First Cycle Questions

malikaivasili is offline New Member

First Cycle Questions

Hello everyone-

So I've been wanting to cycle for years now, but after researching how to responsibly get on gear, I realized it had been way too early for me to even consider cycling until I was around my age now. I'm 22 years old, 6'0" and 140 lbs. I was never very athletic in HS and never lifted during those years. I skipped a grade, which meant I graduated at a young 17. I started having body image issues when I was around 14, but living in such a small town (rural Vermont), meant that I had no access to a gym. I began doing home workouts, pull ups, push ups, calisthenics, etc. throughout my HS years, but once I got to college, I got pretty serious about lifting. I was blessed enough to move into a suite with some guys I became very close with who introduced me to the scene and made it easy to get over the anxiety some little people (and just people in general) experience when they're new to lifting, and they taught me how to lift, what I should be doing to gain mass, and how to be in overall better shape.

That being said, I've been lifting for about 4.5 or 5 years straight now. I'd previous mentioned that I was 140 now, which was a huge improvement for me from those HS years. I gained about 10-15 lbs that first year, and managed to get to 151.5 my junior year of college. However, some diseases and ailments in my digestive tract set me back, and I now hover around 140 lbs. During my junior year, I was drinking 2 ON Serious Mass shakes a day, getting at least 2500 calories from real food, usually somewhere around 3000, and supplementing like a bastard with other things like Creatine, Casein proteins, BCAA's, Amino acids, etc.

I've become aware that there is no bigger buzz-word than 'hard-gainer' among this community, but I've plateaued pretty hard around 140. My strength has remained the same in most all workouts, and my size hasn't changed since the early years of my intro to lifting. My brother is 24, and has the same body type as myself. My mom's family tends to be on the smaller side, and my body type has me pretty convinced I'm about as big as I'm going to get naturally.

When I was going hard as fuck with supplements, eating and lifting my junior year, my kidneys and liver were under a lot of stress from over use, and my doctor advised me to slow down. I agreed with him as I felt the negative effects as well, and knew my body was under a lot of stress. The aggressive supplementation and regime was not sustainable for my body, and I'm not independently wealthy or a professional body builder (obviously ), so the time and effort it took cannot be replicated now that I'm entering the workforce and will have less time to dedicate to adding mass naturally.

I guess I should outline my goals now-

I've never had the desire to be big, I've just always wanted to be average. Being an ectomorph, I've never had a problem staying lean or shredding fat, so I'm shooting for an athletic build at 160-165. My frame isn't as small as my body, and I know that it can support 165. I think it will be easily attainable through hard work, proper cycling and nutrition and training.

I've done my homework on gear, and I know that it's been demonized and stigmatized in the contemporary world, but I also understand that it is no light matter so I wanted to see what you guys thought was the best way to safely cycle and work towards my goals. I don't see myself hitting 165 first cycle, and I'm not opposed to cycling in the future. Whatever it takes to get to the promised land.

What I was hoping to be assisted with was an outline for a good beginners cycle, with nutrition and workout tips as well.

I'll be working at a golf course this summer that has a gym on premise, and my days end at 2:30 (in exchange for starting at the ass crack of dawn :/ ). I've been drawn to HIIT training for the body type that I want, but understand that I need to keep lifting heavy if I want to bulk up, so I will still be lifting 5 times a week, and I'd like to mix in some HIIT training to work on the physique side of things.

I've recently heard about HGH being a good option, if not expensive and hard to find. Because of it's exclusivity, I think it will be more likely I'll start on Test E with some Dbol as well, although many people tell me just Test will be more than enough for the first cycle.

In summation, I'm not out here trying to get huge, I just want to hit a point I know my body can handle and that I'll look the way I want to look at. I've put in the years, energy and research, and I'm ready to take the next step. I've read that many people say wait until you're 24, but my size has been something that's kept me in a semi-depressed, insecure place for years that I've been dying to change. I know that I'll reach 165 naturally in a few years with the work I've been doing, but as I'm sure many of you understand, I'm fucking sick of waiting. I'm dedicated, I'm not going to stop lifting or let my motivation die out, but I really want that extra boost to help me reach my goals more quickly.

Have many of you started before you were 24? My body is definitely done growing, I haven't grown an inch since my sophomore year of HS. I feel ready mentally and physically. Do you guys think that with proper PCT, blood monitoring and education, it would be an acceptable time to start cycling, or do you think it's imperative that I wait?

Anything you guys have that could help would seriously be appreciated, in terms of what I should take, what blood work I should have done before hand to pinpoint my base levels, what I should be aware of while on gear, exactly how to take care of my PCT, etc. I have probably a little bit higher of an understanding of steroids than your average beginner, but know there is no replacement for experience and would love to hear any advice you guys can offer me.

Thanks for the time-

M.
    Last edited by malikaivasili; 04-30-2017 at 10:32 AM.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome.... Your endocrine system could still be "growing." Check out this link and spend time in our nutrition forum too. http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-steroids.html
    songdog and Collin33 like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Welcome and hit our diet section they will teach you how to eat.

malikaivasili is offline New Member
    [QUOTE=brazey;7289834]Welcome.... Your endocrine system could still be "growing." Check out this link and spend time in our nutrition forum too.

Thanks for the response! I've checked out that thread before, it's super helpful. It was one of the threads that started me thinking that while my body may be ready, my mind may not. I'll have to check out the nutrition thread, are there any specific diet plans that has worked time and time again for everyone?

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way I can get a read on if my endocrine system is ready? Are there any tests I can get to see if it's reached maturation, or is it more of just a judgement call? I think I've matured I little bit more quickly than some, and really haven't noticed any change in my body, mind or mood since around 19 y.o.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum, yes you can get a scan to see if your gowth plates are fused.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by malikaivasili
    Hello everyone- So I've been wanting to cycle for years now, but after researching how to responsibly get on gear, I realized it had been way too early for me to even consider cycling until I was around my age now. I'm 22 years old, 6'0" and 140 lbs. I was never very athletic in HS and never lifted during those years. I skipped a grade, which meant I graduated at a young 17. I started having body image issues when I was around 14, but living in such a small town (rural Vermont), meant that I had no access to a gym. I began doing home workouts, pull ups, push ups, calisthenics, etc. throughout my HS years, but once I got to college, I got pretty serious about lifting. I was blessed enough to move into a suite with some guys I became very close with who introduced me to the scene and made it easy to get over the anxiety some little people (and just people in general) experience when they're new to lifting, and they taught me how to lift, what I should be doing to gain mass, and how to be in overall better shape. That being said, I've been lifting for about 4.5 or 5 years straight now. I'd previous mentioned that I was 140 now, which was a huge improvement for me from those HS years. I gained about 10-15 lbs that first year, and managed to get to 151.5 my junior year of college. However, some diseases and ailments in my digestive tract set me back, and I now hover around 140 lbs. During my junior year, I was drinking 2 ON Serious Mass shakes a day, getting at least 2500 calories from real food, usually somewhere around 3000, and supplementing like a bastard with other things like Creatine, Casein proteins, BCAA's, Amino acids, etc. I've become aware that there is no bigger buzz-word than 'hard-gainer' among this community, but I've plateaued pretty hard around 140. My strength has remained the same in most all workouts, and my size hasn't changed since the early years of my intro to lifting. My brother is 24, and has the same body type as myself. My mom's family tends to be on the smaller side, and my body type has me pretty convinced I'm about as big as I'm going to get naturally. When I was going hard as fuck with supplements, eating and lifting my junior year, my kidneys and liver were under a lot of stress from over use, and my doctor advised me to slow down. I agreed with him as I felt the negative effects as well, and knew my body was under a lot of stress. The aggressive supplementation and regime was not sustainable for my body, and I'm not independently wealthy or a professional body builder (obviously ), so the time and effort it took cannot be replicated now that I'm entering the workforce and will have less time to dedicate to adding mass naturally. I guess I should outline my goals now- I've never had the desire to be big, I've just always wanted to be average. Being an ectomorph, I've never had a problem staying lean or shredding fat, so I'm shooting for an athletic build at 160-165. My frame isn't as small as my body, and I know that it can support 165. I think it will be easily attainable through hard work, proper cycling and nutrition and training. I've done my homework on gear, and I know that it's been demonized and stigmatized in the contemporary world, but I also understand that it is no light matter so I wanted to see what you guys thought was the best way to safely cycle and work towards my goals. I don't see myself hitting 165 first cycle, and I'm not opposed to cycling in the future. Whatever it takes to get to the promised land. What I was hoping to be assisted with was an outline for a good beginners cycle, with nutrition and workout tips as well. I'll be working at a golf course this summer that has a gym on premise, and my days end at 2:30 (in exchange for starting at the ass crack of dawn :/ ). I've been drawn to HIIT training for the body type that I want, but understand that I need to keep lifting heavy if I want to bulk up, so I will still be lifting 5 times a week, and I'd like to mix in some HIIT training to work on the physique side of things. I've recently heard about HGH being a good option, if not expensive and hard to find. Because of it's exclusivity, I think it will be more likely I'll start on Test E with some Dbol as well, although many people tell me just Test will be more than enough for the first cycle. In summation, I'm not out here trying to get huge, I just want to hit a point I know my body can handle and that I'll look the way I want to look at. I've put in the years, energy and research, and I'm ready to take the next step. I've read that many people say wait until you're 24, but my size has been something that's kept me in a semi-depressed, insecure place for years that I've been dying to change. I know that I'll reach 165 naturally in a few years with the work I've been doing, but as I'm sure many of you understand, I'm fucking sick of waiting. I'm dedicated, I'm not going to stop lifting or let my motivation die out, but I really want that extra boost to help me reach my goals more quickly. Have many of you started before you were 24? My body is definitely done growing, I haven't grown an inch since my sophomore year of HS. I feel ready mentally and physically. Do you guys think that with proper PCT, blood monitoring and education, it would be an acceptable time to start cycling, or do you think it's imperative that I wait? Anything you guys have that could help would seriously be appreciated, in terms of what I should take, what blood work I should have done before hand to pinpoint my base levels, what I should be aware of while on gear, exactly how to take care of my PCT, etc. I have probably a little bit higher of an understanding of steroids than your average beginner, but know there is no replacement for experience and would love to hear any advice you guys can offer me. Thanks for the time- M.
    I know that I'll reach 165 naturally in a few years with the work I've been doing. I couldn't help but highlight this statement, Malik. If you can get to 165 in a few years naturally, then you really should do it. Steroids are partly about taking your body past it's genetic limit. If you can reach 165 naturally, I think you will have a much better base in which to cycle with. Then, with steroids you can build a 185-190lb body that will suit your height much better! Good luck! And welcome to the forum!

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information