Thread: First Cycle

RUDY-14 is offline Associate Member

First Cycle

Looking around the site it seems like there are some really knowledgable guys. I was wondering if anyone would like to give me some advice on my first cycle. I am planning to do 500 mg/week of sustanon for six weeks. Is ythis the best way to take sust or should I be taking it for a longer period, lower/higher doses, pyramid etc. I don't have a lot of extra cash so money is an issue for me. I was wondering if I would need an antiestrogen and if clomid is neccesary to take after any cycle. I have done a lot of research and have found that a cycle like this isn't paricularly dangerous or unsafe, but I wanted to hear from you guys. Oh and by the way I'm 5,11" and 210 pounds (not exactly cut). I would like to make some solid strength gains and put on quality mass, I also hope to keep most of the mass by taking creatine and Andro poppers after my cycle. Thanks for your help

Welcome to the board Rudy. Being your first cycle I would strongly suggest running a single estered test i.e. enth or cyp. Sust needs be injected 3x s/wk(EOD is ideal) because of the short acting prop ester. Running a single ester will be easier for you as injections are only 2x s/wk and your results will be just as well. IMO I really don't think your ready for EOD injections and the pain from the prop may be a little too much for your first go. Run the enth or cyp for 10wks @ 4-500mg/wk(2-250mg per injection on Sun/Wed OR Mon/Thur). Anti-e supplementation should be taken throughout your entire cycle and have your nolva on hand. Clomid is a must after this cycle. Start your clomid wk12 at 300mg/1st day; 100mg/ED days 2-11; and 50mg/ED days 12-21. Remember to have a clean diet with lots of protein. Creatine post cycle is not a bad idea to help maintain some of your gains. Anymore concerns...just ask. Good luck.

Thanks alot for the info Dragonslayer, I really appreciate your help. I have a few other questions that arose from your reply. Is sust ineffective when injuected only twice a week? I realize that the prop ester only lasts a short time but I thought that twice a week would be good? Would I be wasting my money? What kind of gains could I expect to see if proper training, nutrition and rest are carefully regulated? Also what would the difference in results be if I was to use a single estered test, which is better. Are the side-effects of sust the same as worse or mild compared to a enth or cyp. Will I see a lot more gains by extending the cycle from 8 to 10 weeks. Thank you so much I really apprecaite you taking the time to help me out.

Sust won't be entirely ineffective(because of the enth & cyp), but you really won't get the full benefits of the prop ester because your blood levels will be inconsistant and yes IMO you will be wasting money and your gear. All things considered, diet, training habits, rest, etc., you can gain 8-12 maybe 15lbs. Being your first cycle, results will be just as well. Same sides as with any other test. IMO cyp or enth needs to be ran for a minimum of 10wks. It'll 2-3 just to start feeling the effects. The only cycles IMO that should be ran for less than 10 wks are ones that include short acting esters(prop, tren , etc.).

"An additional problem when taking Testosterone enanthate is that the conversion rate to estrogen is very high. This, on one hand, leads the body to store more fat; on the other hand, feminization symptoms (gynecomastia ) are not unusual." Your suggestion prompted me to look more closely at test cyp and enth and this is what I found on this website. Does sust have this same effect? I've read that it doesn't but you are clearly more informed. This site also mentioned that test will allow you to work out twice a day and get super pumped is this the same for sust?

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    Hey Rudy,

I'm not entirely sure i would agree with the dragonslayer- no offense whatsoever. I have done two cycles of sust. My first was Sust. alone. I experienced huge gains in all the major lift (bench, squat, deadlift), as well as noticable mass gains. Sideeffects were minimal, no gyno, and i did not use any anti-estrogen. also, in regards to Dragonslayers advice on the test. i would reccomend that you use heptylate, which is milligram for milligram stronger than enth or cyp. i'd say your dosage sizes will enable you to put on great gains. good luck rudy...keep us posted on results, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RUDY-14
    Does sust have this same effect? I've read that it doesn't but you are clearly more informed.
    Rudy..what is sustanon ? Its testosterone . Sust is a combination of 3,4 or maybe 5 different test esters. Test is test is test. All sides are going to be closely related. The only real difference may be the bloat factor, but with proper anti-e supplementation, it can be controlled.

TGun is a rare case. Not EVERYONE needs anti-e s. I take it because I'd rather spend $100.00 on letrozle and nolva than $3000.00 on gyno surgery.
    Last edited by 01dragonslayer; 12-02-2003 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks again Dragaonslayer. I definetely agree that it's better to be safe than sorry, good luck with your training!

Thread Information