elicotton is offline Associate Member

Introducing myself

Hey guys.

I'm new to the board. I'm 37 yo, married with 4 kids. Trained extensively from age 15 to about age 20, but it wasn't until I was 18 til I figured out how the big guys made gains. I got a job and my boss was a former Mr. Alabama. After many conversations, I began to secretly think I knew more about diet and nuitrition than him, even though his body was in another stratosphere. One day I complimented him on his genetics, and he just laughed and popped the trunk of his car. The trunk contained a toolbox which contained a ton of gear.

I never used back then, (no money), but I always figured I would begin training again someday and AS would be a part. That day has come and heres my plan.

First, I wanted to regain my strength and muscle that I had as a twenty y.o. naturally. It has taken only 6 months, but I'm there now.

Secondly, I am sigificantly fat. I am 60 pounds heavier than I was @ 20 with the same strength levels. I want to take the next 5-6 months and lose this extra weight naturally.

When this has been accomplished, I want to train for maybe 3 more months naturally. At this point I think I will be able to say that I will be in the best shape of my life.

That is when AS come in. I already have about 1/2 of what I need, as well as a sympathetic Doctor (can bench 500+). I'm going to spend the next several months educating myself and investigating sources.

What are your thoughts?

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Hey guys.

I'm new to the board. I'm 37 yo, married with 4 kids. Trained extensively from age 15 to about age 20, but it wasn't until I was 18 til I figured out how the big guys made gains. I got a job and my boss was a former Mr. Alabama. After many conversations, I began to secretly think I knew more about diet and nuitrition than him, even though his body was in another stratosphere. One day I complimented him on his genetics, and he just laughed and popped the trunk of his car. The trunk contained a toolbox which contained a ton of gear.

I never used back then, (no money), but I always figured I would begin training again someday and AS would be a part. That day has come and heres my plan.

First, I wanted to regain my strength and muscle that I had as a twenty y.o. naturally. It has taken only 6 months, but I'm there now.

Secondly, I am sigificantly fat. I am 60 pounds heavier than I was @ 20 with the same strength levels. I want to take the next 5-6 months and lose this extra weight naturally.

When this has been accomplished, I want to train for maybe 3 more months naturally. At this point I think I will be able to say that I will be in the best shape of my life.

That is when AS come in. I already have about 1/2 of what I need, as well as a sympathetic Doctor (can bench 500+). I'm going to spend the next several months educating myself and investigating sources.

What are your thoughts?

welcome, sounds like you got a good plan, get everything in order, most guys just wanna rush in.
    Oh, and bench is overrated, lol

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to AR bro.

Swellin Guest
    Ah...the wisdom that comes with age.

Sounds good. I would recommend you continuing naturally unitl you stop making gains...not at some prescribed time. That way you can rest knowing you did all you could...before you took the plunge (pun intended). Other than that...looks like you are right on.

Welcome aboard!

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    Ah...the wisdom that comes with age.

Sounds good. I would recommend you continuing naturally unitl you stop making gains...not at some prescribed time. That way you can rest knowing you did all you could...before you took the plunge (pun intended). Other than that...looks like you are right on.

Welcome aboard!
    swellin, you whore

welcome aboard, bro!

MachZ is offline Member
    Welcome bro, good luck with the weight loss and keep at it.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Wisdom? First time I been associated with that word! Seriously, one of the coolest things about being back in the gym is that I've become aware of how much more patient I've become. I used to set daily goals for my workouts, and I wasn't fit to be around if I didn't meet them. Now I seem to trust the process more.

Of course, I haven't had a sticking point yet as I'm just rebuilding what was already there. Probably as soon as I have a couple of weeks with no increase, I'll be begging the mods for sources just like the 20 year olds, (lol).

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thread Information