partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

New Yorkers:this Post Is You You

I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE CITY.IT'S 3 AM.I HAVE TO BE BACK IN A FEW HRS FOR ANOTHER VOLUNTEER SHIFT SO I CAN'T POST EVERYTHIGN I JUST SAW. IF ANY OF YOU CAN HELP US BY COMING TO TEH JAVITS CONVENTION CENTER ON 32ND AND 11TH OR TEH CJELSEA PIER GYM PLEASE DO SO.IT IS INCOMPREHENABLE TO IMAGINE WHAT TEH CITY IS LIKE NOW. WE HAD A BOMB SCARE AT TEH JAVITS CENTER TONIGTH AND ONE IN PENN STATION.TEH ENTIRE CITY SMELLS LIKE TOXINS ALL TEH WAY UP TO HARLEM.I HAD TO TAKE THE GEORGE WASHINGTON INTO THE CITY SINCE TEH TUNNELS ARE CLOSED.WE'VE BEEN GIVIGN OUT GATORADE, PROTEIN BARS, CARB DRINK.ANYTHIGN TO KEEP ALL TEH WORKERS GOING.IF YOU CAN BRING ANYTHIGN OF THAT SORT PLEASE CONSIDER IT, BUT YOUR PHYSICAL HELP WILL BE ENOUGH.CHELSEA PIER GYM'S ICE RINK HAS BEEN TURNED INTO A GIANT MORGUE.THERE IS MILITARY EVERYWHERE.TANKS ARE BEING HOUSED AT THE JAVITS CENTER.I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF WHAT I'M TYPING IS EVEN MAKING SENSE, BUT I'M JUST TRYING TO GIVE YOU GUYS AN IDEA OF WHAT WENT ON ALL DAY AND NIGTH TODAY.PLEASE CONSIDER COMIGN TO TEH JAVITS CENTER OR CHELSEA PIER GYM TO HELP OUT IF YOU CAN.EVERYONE IS ON 12 HR SHIFTS SO ALOT OF RELIEF IS NEEDED.BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE.I'LL TALK TO YOU GUYS SOON.WE HAVE A VIGIL AT UNION SQUARE SET UP FOR MOURNERS AS WELL.I'VE TAKEN SOME PICTURES TO SHARE W/ YOU GUYS.I'LL TALK TO ALL OF YOU SOON.GOD BLESS

cosmokramer is offline Junior Member

In memory of those who died

It was something we never thought we'd see
    It could never happen to you and me

An attack against all civilization
    An attack that shocked our nation

Four airliners, all hijacked
    A precise and planned attack

Fueled by evil, a merciless crime
    The worst terrorist act of all time

The World Trade Center towers
    Symbols of our financial power

Crumbling, falling, cascading down
    Concrete and debris, hitting the ground

So many families torn apart
    A tragedy felt in all of our hearts

If we're ever to overcome this devastation
    We must pull together as a nation

To the victims' families, we send our prayers and love
    As we seek guidance and hope from the Lord above

May God bless you and your loved ones.

By:Jody Henderson

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    partyboy, i'm trying to come down there this coming weekend. it's gonna be hard, since all the roads are a mess and amtrak is down. i'll know more tomorrow. if i can come down, i will be there to help

jssmc is offline Associate Member
    Wish i was there to help! Good luck fellas! My prayers to everyone.
    jssmc

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

good to hear dane

we got in late this morning.we were supossed to be on bucket brigade moving wreckage but we could get through because they were bringing in demolition crews because they may take down liberty plaza.it's so fustrating.we were they all night helping and had to leave to get my sister out of the city.i have the number for teh javits center volunteers, 212-947-4230.it's alot of waiting but it's all paying off.once we go back in this weekend we're just staying.it's not worth it to leave.we can sleep in union square in teh park so we don't have to leave til we can do another shift.i'm so glad to hear that you are even considering it.it's horrible.you just cry looking at all of it.PM me if you make it down before saturday.

r6guy is offline New Member
    I wish I could be in New York to help. My prayers go out to all the people who have been hurt by this tragedy, all the people in New York, the brave firefighters, policemen, etc..

I just wanted to say, how proud I am of living in America.. How proud I am of the American people, coming together, being strong, yet compassionate. I love my fellow American. This, is why America is the number one choice of all immigrants to flee/immigrate to. (btw, I came here from Vietnam when I was 3, in 1979... 25 years old now)

GOD BLESS AMERICA

P.S. Here's a link of a video off consumptionjunction.com of the palestine's partying.
    http://www.consumptionjunction.com/c...ew.asp?ID=6086

Hope that summons up some roid rage .. Also, I put that link up there b/c someone added a song to it that basically sums up how I feel. I hope you all like it.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

I prayers are with you guys

Down here in the South we do what we can (donate money, give blood ect) I went to my church today at lunch. It seems to be so little, we feel so helpless. God's speed to the rescue workers and may they be forever blessed for giving so un-selfishly of themselves. I'm proud to be an American, a father and a member of Anabolic Review, for here in these previous post are the words of true champions. All I can say from across the U.S. is that our prayers are with you all. May God keep in his tender care.
    Tobey

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Wish I could be there to help out bro can,t believe what has happened

Best regards to everyone who is involved in that area and I assure you people in the UK are pretty upset and angry that this has happened.May God strike down upon those who defy humanity

Billy

landshark is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up Thanx...

Thank you Party boy and everyone else who is coming out to help or doing whatever they can to assist in dealing with this tradgedy. I work for the fire dept. and I've been there on the bucket brigade, and helping with the removal of bodies, etc. and it's a horrific scene. But you also can't help but notice and appreciate all the hundreds of people, volunteers and otherwise from all different states helping out so unselfishly for long hours in rain, the smoke, the dark. Shows you what people are really made of when it comes down to it. My hat off to everyone who's helped...

Mr_Lexus is offline New Member

Unhappy Volunteer

I know you all want to help. I've been at ground zero since tuesday. All I can say is to stay home. We already have too many volunteers.

Thanks

Rock2000K

Mr_Lexus is offline New Member
    Allow me to re write that, If you want to volunteer then by all means come down. Go to The Jacob Javits Center and they will put you to work. If you are a civilian don't think that you will get anywhere near "Ground Zero" Security is very tight.

Thread Information