UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member

Iran agrees to suspend nuclear program

Iran agrees to suspend nuclear program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6485378/

TEHRAN - Iran said on Sunday it had submitted a letter to the United Nations’ atomic watchdog agency announcing it would suspend uranium enrichment activities as part of a deal with the EU to avoid possible U.N. Security Council sanctions.

Hassan Rohani, Iran’s chief nuclear negotiator, said the suspension would remain in place as long as talks with the EU continued on a final resolution of Iran’s nuclear case.

An EU diplomat close to the talks said Iran had agreed to all points covered in an agreement hammered out by the two sides in Paris last weekend. “We have reached a full agreement regarding all the issues mentioned in the package,” he said.

Iran’s announcement of a suspension of enrichment — a process that can be used to make fuel for atomic reactors or nuclear warheads — comes just in time to be included in a report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), due to be released on Monday.It should also be enough for Iran to avoid U.S. efforts to have the case sent to the U.N. Security Council for possible sanctions.

Iran denies U.S. accusations that its nuclear energy program is a front for an atomic weapons bid.

“One hour ago we submitted a letter to the IAEA,” Rohani told reporters after a meeting in Tehran with the ambassadors of Britain, Germany and France, who have been leading the negotiations on behalf of the EU. Diplomats in Vienna confirmed the IAEA had received the letter.

Rohani said the suspension would be “during the period of talks” with the EU.

Once the suspension is in place the “EU Three” have said they will sit down with Iran to discuss a package of incentives -- ranging from cooperation on peaceful nuclear technology to a possible trade deal -- in return for Iran permanently giving up any activities that could be used to make bomb-grade material.

Rohani’s deputy Hossein Mousavian told reporters those talks would start on Dec. 15.

good to hear that...

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yeah - but the IAEA wont be checking the sites that arent on the list that are still producing it just as fast as they can - and once Iran does a nuke test and declares itself it will be too late - then the spineless EU weenies will say "how did this happen?"

Badgerman is offline Banned
    How do you determine who has the "right" to have nuclear weapons??
    SO far the only one to use one...I mean two.....in a row..... has been us.......maybe we need ours taken away.

now you know why I put that title below your name

Hey.....just stating fact......we attacked civilians with an atomic weapon......
    What do you say happened???.....something different?

maybe you need "arrogant" under yours

CYCLEON........Your avatar looks like something off the back of an OZZY album cover.......really gay

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    CYCLEON........Your avatar looks like something off the back of an OZZY album cover.......really gay

Wow I see you are going to last here a long time

Not to smart there are we buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Hey.....just stating fact......we attacked civilians with an atomic weapon......
    What do you say happened???.....something different?

maybe you need "arrogant" under yours

Because you are too stupid to understand that the moment Iran declares itself nuclear they will use it as a shield to threaten

1. all regional middle eastern countries, forcing them to pay hommage and money or get invaded by Iran's conventional forces - they will become the defacto leader in the middle east with results being a) all US efforts will pretty much go down the tube since all other countries will be afraid that the US cant protect them b) oil prices shoot up by $20 per barrel, crippling our economy and shuting down our recovery c)terrorists will have free reign to organize in host states like syria or Iran itself d) Iraq will have NO chance of being free because they will have to jump to Iran's mullah's tune.

2. Turkey, Russia and most of the EU because Iran has a missile that can deliver that far and much of the work being done is also to make the bomb small enough to fit on a missile. The EU will grovel beneath them even more than they do now and will be afraid to do anything but meekly acquiese to an ever growing list of trade and other demands (who france will no doubt be happy to supply).

But again, you are either too willfully blind, too abjectly stupid or simply wish for the US to be directly harmed to even ask such an insipidly idiotic question - and my guess is the last one, since you seem to have gotten out of grade school...and thats why you are a traitor - or, perhaps you have just suckled at the tit of liberal academia with a starry look in your eye so much that you believe that the tirads of noam chomsky are actually whats good for America....sadly, you are not alone in your self loathing hatred of America's strength and profaning of its virtue - but at least here I will call it what it is

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    LOL nice avatar

And I told you that you had better not touch that avatar or I would put something worse - but as it is - it will stay and you will not be able to post for the next 3 days - and then you will be able to get back on - learn some manners in the meantime

"I am a servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame."

WTF
    You sit around and play dungeons and dragons or somethin?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfvkingliberal
    "I am a servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame."

WTF
    You sit around and play dungeons and dragons or somethin?
    cmoe back again under another name and I will permanently ban you - as it is you can just sit out for the next 3 days and your account will come back on, the ban is temporary right now, dont make it permanent

abcdef81 is offline Junior Member
    if they do develop nukes, do y'all think they would use them against us or only as self-defense to protect their own country?

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think ´they would be stupid enough to use them, i mean lets say they nuke someone, then they have the us on them and they will be nuked to hell..

but lets see what kind of an excuse the US comes up with to start another war lol

LX-1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    i dont think ´they would be stupid enough to use them, i mean lets say they nuke someone, then they have the us on them and they will be nuked to hell..

but lets see what kind of an excuse the US comes up with to start another war lol
    nuclear weapons will be the 'excuse'...iran is our enemy and whatever the chances of them using a nuke on us or giving nukes to terrorists is doesnt matter, we dont want them to have them..it's not in our best intrest. ever think maybe this guy doesnt care if his country is 'nuked to hell'? you seem to forget that we're dealing with religious fanatics who think they're going to get 72 vigins when they die. our goal is to prevent attacks, not wait until they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LX-1
    nuclear weapons will be the excuse...iran is our enemy and whatever the chances of them using a nuke on us or giving nukes to terrorists is doesnt matter, we dont want them to have them..it's not in our best intrest. ever think maybe this guy doesnt care if his country is 'nuked to hell'? you seem to forget that we're dealing with religious fanatics who think they're going to get 72 vigins when they die. our goal is to prevent attacks, not wait until they happen.
    no one is that stupid, especially not the leaders of iran. they dont believe that bullcrap, they just use that to brainwash young ppl in dying for their country..
    he may be a fanatic but he loves money more and im sure all he wants is to exploit the country so i dont think nuking another country like for example the US/israel is in his best intrest

LX-1 is offline Banned
    no one is that stupid, especially not the leaders of iran. they dont believe that bullcrap, they just use that to brainwash young ppl in dying for their country..
    he may be a fanatic but he loves money more and im sure all he wants is to exploit the country so i dont think nuking another country like for example the US/israel is in his best intrest
    iran is our enemy, iran is run by a religious fanatic, we dont want our enemy, iran, to have nucear weapons. our goal, in USA, is to stop iran, run by a fanatical loose cannon who hates us and our allies, who is our enemy, from obtaining nuclear weapons that can cause significant damage to us and our allies.

iran is our enemy, iran is run by a religious fanatic, we dont want our enemy, iran, to have nucear weapons. our goal, in USA, is to stop iran, run by a fanatical loose cannon who hates us and our allies, who is our enemy, from obtaining nuclear weapons that can cause significant damage to us and our allies.
    i dont think they hate ur allies just u and israel lol

LX-1 is offline Banned
    i dont think they hate ur allies just u and israel lol
    israel has more than just one person, we have allies in isreal.

israel has more than just one person, we have allies in isreal.
    i dunno what the hell ur on about, but when i said "u" i meant the US

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    So whats up with this. I thought Iran said we need to basically mind our own business about them creating nuclear weapons?

Im not really up to date with the news and whats goin on but, Im interested........

LX-1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    So whats up with this. I thought Iran said we need to basically mind our own business about them creating nuclear weapons?

Im not really up to date with the news and whats goin on but, Im interested........
    this thread is old, that article is from like 2004...

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    But I just heard something about this in the news??

LX-1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    But I just heard something about this in the news??
    search iran on google or yahoo news and youll see whats going on as of now.

Thread Information