Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

All I can say is Wow??? What the hell is this world coming too?

Mother Charged After Baby's Arms Severed

November 23, 2004 10:30 AM EST

PLANO, Texas - With a calm, dispassionate voice and a hymn playing in the background, Dena Schlosser confessed to the unthinkable, telling a 911 operator she'd cut off the arms of her baby girl.

The woman was sitting in her living room covered with blood when police arrived Monday. Her nearly 11-month-old daughter lay fatally injured in a crib in a bedroom of the family's apartment in Plano. The child died shortly afterward at a hospital.

Police have charged the 35-year-old mother with capital murder, but declined to reveal where she is being held.

Schlosser, who had a history of postpartum depression, had been investigated on child neglect allegations earlier this year, but Texas Child Protective Services had recently closed a seven-month investigation, concluding that Schlosser did not pose a risk to her children. Neighbors said she seemed to be a loving, attentive mother.

"There were never any indications of violence with this family," agency spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said, describing the children as healthy and happy.

But, on Monday, authorities discovered a grisly scene after the child's father called a day-care center and asked staffers to check on his wife and daughter.

Day-care workers called 911 after talking to the mother; an operator then called Schlosser.

Asked if there was an emergency, Schlosser calmly responded "Yes," according to 911 tapes released by police.

"Exactly what happened?" the operator asked.

"I cut her arms off," Schlosser replied, as the hymn "He Touched Me" played in the background.

"You cut her arms off?" he repeated.

"Uh huh," she answered.

It was not immediately clear what instrument was used to sever the baby's arms or why the child's father called the day-care center. The name of the baby was not released.

Authorities said the two older daughters in the family, ages 6 and 9, were at school when police arrived, and that their father was at work.

No one answered the door Monday night at the family's apartment in suburban Dallas. Children's bicycles rested near the entrance along with angel garden statues.

Neighbors said Schlosser took her children swimming in the summer, had picnics in the courtyard and walked her baby around the complex the same time each afternoon.

Dena Livingston, 43, said she saw Schlosser making her rounds with the stroller on Sunday. Two days earlier, she saw Schlosser waiting with the baby outside the school her two other daughters attend.

"She didn't give off like she was in a distant world or didn't care about the baby," Livingston said.

Livingston's husband, Brad, added: "To see her with the girls, you would just think she was a great mother."

Child-protective officials were interviewing Schlosser's daughters and would talk to the father before deciding whether to remove the girls from the home.

In January, the agency was called to the home after Schlosser was seen running down the street, with one of her daughters bicycling after her, authorities said. When officials arrived, the child told them her mother had left her 6-day-old sister alone in the apartment.

Schlosser appeared at the time to be suffering from postpartum depression and having a psychotic episode, Gonzales said.

Schlosser was hospitalized, and later agreed to seek counseling and saw a psychiatrist, Gonzales said.

"At the time we closed the case, we had been assured that Mom was stabilized and that she was not a risk to herself or her children," Geoff Wool, spokesman for the Family and Protective Services Department, said.

A capital murder charge in Texas carries only two possible sentences: life in prison or the death penalty. Prosecutors did not say whether they plan to seek the death penalty.

The Schlosser case is the latest infamous case in recent years of Texas mothers accused of killing their children.

Andrea Yates of Houston drowned her five children, ages 6 months to 7 years, in the bathtub in 2001. She was convicted of capital murder in the deaths of three of the children and is serving a life sentence. The defense had said she suffered from schizophrenia and postpartum depression.

This year, Deanna Laney, 39, was acquitted of capital murder by reason of insanity after killing her sons, ages 8 and 6. A third son was injured. Psychiatrists said Laney, of New Chapel Hill, suffered from psychotic delusions that God told her to kill her children. She was committed to a mental hospital.

Holy sh*t! She's f*ckin nutz man. She should be burned to death and fed to wild hogs like on Hannibal.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Poor kid. I could personally cut off that bitches head and not feel a **** bit of pitty for her as she's screaming and gargling as her blood drains out of her body. Fawking bietch.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    The " mother " should have her arms removed and be left alone so that she bleeds to death . No mercy , no " insanity pleas " only justice

jon_83 is offline Junior Member
    thats the craziest thing i've heard in a long time she deserve the death penaltiy for sure. I dunno how anybody could cut of there own childs arms. sick

wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    "UH OH" how the heck can you say cut off your childs arms and then just say "uh oh" lke you spilled the milk carton what a sick **** that just chills me to the bone, how the heck can she do that..I mean just two hours ago I was holding my new baby nephew and to think what this woman did to have that image..I mean **** she would have had to cut through bone too..that is just so sick...I agree something bad needs to happen to her..but I just cant think of something that is painfull enough or that would last long enough for her to truly suffer.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    eye for n eye they should cut her arms off and call it a day

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    well put her in prison - for good. and make sure u sterilize that bitch!

OneMoreSet is offline Associate Member
    **** thats nasty.. even worse than that lady who kidnapped a child right out of the womb of its mother.. In missouri about a month or so ago there was a lady who cut the unborn baby out of another womans body.. with a pair of scissors! She took the baby home and told everyone it was hers. That was pretty sick, but this is just really sick.. wonder what goes through someones head when they do **** like this.
    OMS

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    put her in a male prison after cutting off her arms let the nature of the beast take it's course
    children are the only innocence we have left

Joey2ness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegr8One
    put her in a male prison after cutting off her arms let the nature of the beast take it's course
    children are the only innocence we have left
    lol best torture ever
    1 man behind and 1 man in front
    cramming up both of her basement doors
    leave her some huge stretch marks
    the prison men milk bathing her

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    How can you NOT plead insanity with a thing like that? You'd have to be.

Thread Information