Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member

Poor Terry Schiavo

This crap makes me so mad! Why would they let her starve to death! They say it could take up to two weeks for her to finally pass away. That is some cruel shti. If they are going to remove the feeding tube why dont they give her an injection or something to help it along???

http://news.google.com/news?q=terry+...ab=nn&oi=newsr

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    i completely agree

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    this process shouldve been done years ago. i think the judge made the correct decision. let the poor woman go. good lord.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    This crap makes me so mad! Why would they let her starve to death! They say it could take up to two weeks for her to finally pass away. That is some cruel shti. If they are going to remove the feeding tube why dont they give her an injection or something to help it along???

http://news.google.com/news?q=terry+schiavo&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr
    then it would be assisted suicide and that is illegal. I think it is more crule to keep a feeding tube in someones mouth who wants to die.

I would think at it like this: If I was normally healthy and all the sudden I was hit with a virus that put me into a death spin where I was lying in a bed all day being fed by a tube; I would rather die.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    If it was me I would want to be killed... Simple as that...
    Right or wrong I don't care, I would hope someone would
    have the balls to do it, I know some of my closes people would.

hugeishuge is offline Junior Member
    Her husband could have easily walked away and not taken all this grief. But he believes strongly that Terry wanted no life support. I doubt I would have been as determined.

The whole thing is such a mess, the husband has stayed by herside
    all these years and now you have the Government trying to get into
    the whole **** thing like they don't have enuf problems in the middle
    east, or with the economy or 10's of thousands of other things... Bush
    is such a fuking asshole cocksucker... He should trade places with her..

Quote Originally Posted by hugeishuge
    Her husband could have easily walked away and not taken all this grief. But he believes strongly that Terry wanted no life support. I doubt I would have been as determined.

bedrock is offline Junior Member
    Me and some of my biker bro's have a pact. If one of us ever gets in that kind of shape...... one giant dose of NYC dope and its off to that giant ride in the sky !

Quote Originally Posted by bedrock
    Me and some of my biker bro's have a pact. If one of us ever gets in that kind of shape...... one giant dose of NYC dope and its off to that giant ride in the sky !
    I think I would want to die if I were in that situation. But what do you think about her starving to death over a 2 week period? We put dogs down more humanly than that.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Hence the reason every one of you should have a living will stating what you want done if something like this ever happened to you.

I can understand the family wanting to keep her alive but I don't think she'll ever come out of ther state she currently is in. But our wonderful meddling goverment here in FL will **** things up.......another reason I hate politics and politicians.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Hence the reason every one of you should have a living will stating what you want done if something like this ever happened to you.

Exactly! However, it is something most people do not think to do.

As for me, if i can not live a quality life, pull the plug. I am not afraid to die. I am afraid of living in a vegitative state though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Exactly! However, it is something most people do not think to do.

As for me, if i can not live a quality life, pull the plug. I am not afraid to die. I am afraid of living in a vegitative state though.
    I don't really need a living will.....last time I went to the doc for blood work my wife placed a "Do not Resuscitate" on the file.......I'm starting to watch her a little more closely. hahahahaha

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    The woman has been in that condition for more than 15 years! It's time for her parents to do something for her instead of trying to keep her alive for themselves.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I have a living will, made it 2 years ago. There is much more to this than people know (this case) it is suspected she was beaten into that state by her husband. I have seen several in depth documentaries on this case.

Either way the husband needs to let go and move on, let her parents decide IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I have a living will, made it 2 years ago. There is much more to this than people know (this case) it is suspected she was beaten into that state by her husband. I have seen several in depth documentaries on this case.

Either way the husband needs to let go and move on, let her parents decide IMO.
    I live here so I know for a fact that is total misinformation. I've been following this for years. They have no idea what caused this to happen to her....it's believed she was trying to lose weight and could have taken something or due to whatever she was doing it could have caused this. Her husband gets NOTHING by fighting her parents. He believes this is what she wanted and what she told him to do if anything like this ever happened to her. The money he would have gotten from the insurance is long gone, paying for medical bills. Hell, her parents have even found people who would give him 100k if he would just sign over legal gardianship to them and he won't do it. I don't think he's being selfish.....just doing what someone he loved wanted done.

And someone tell me why the **** the goverment has to get involved.....the courts have already decided! The courts uphold the law and the goverment makes the laws......but I guess when it's an election coming up you need to get your name in the paper. ****ers.....who can hate cops when there are so many worthy politicians you can hate?

Juggy................how can you explain the fractures that they found that were unaccounted for?

Cus Republicans are Conservatives and this plays right into their hands...
    Gotta love how Lil Georgie got this passed so quick, crap in only 3 days...
    Now if he can only fix the rest of the countries problems so fast...
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, and please no BS about how great
    the Republican Party is, come on they both suck IMO, this country is in deep
    ****.. Nobody in Washington has a fuking clue how to fix things anymore...

And someone tell me why the **** the goverment has to get involved.....the courts have already decided! The courts uphold the law and the goverment makes the laws......but I guess when it's an election coming up you need to get your name in the paper. ****ers.....who can hate cops when there are so many worthy politicians you can hate?

Juggy................how can you explain the fractures that they found that were unaccounted for?
    What fractures? There are no fractures I know of. I'm telling you bro, the right wing groups have put the wagons in a circle and now it's time to play dirty.

Buff.........bro you're like my long lost brother. I so hear you...preach on brother. As we can see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.......JEB.....I must admit is not a favorite of mine. Don't even get me started on his brain challenged ass.

No there are fractures (on her spine) that are unaccounted for. I kid you not!

No there are fractures (on her spine) that are unaccounted for. I kid you not!
    There could be...bro I have fractures of a couple disks myself. They could have occured during the fall when she collapsed. There's no telling, but I doubt it has anything to do with the husband. What's he's motive?

Because of your recent avatar change that scares almost as much as
    George W. does... lol But glad someone sees what I'm saying...

Buff.........bro you're like my long lost brother. I so hear you...preach on brother. As we can see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.......JEB.....I must admit is not a favorite of mine. Don't even get me started on his brain challenged ass.

decadbal is offline Banned
    god bless her and her family

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Cus Republicans are Conservatives and this plays right into their hands...
    Gotta love how Lil Georgie got this passed so quick, crap in only 3 days...
    Now if he can only fix the rest of the countries problems so fast...
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, and please no BS about how great
    the Republican Party is, come on they both suck IMO, this country is in deep
    ****.. Nobody in Washington has a fuking clue how to fix things anymore...
    Yet I believe I saw somewhere that when he was gov of TX that he approved the right for Dr.'s to pull the plug on anyone that could not afford their medical bills......

I'll have to dig and see if I can find that one.....

RATM is offline Senior Member
    I am very torn on this subject. I think that both her husband and parents have valid defenses. My wife and I have talked at lenght about the subject of life support and have made it clear to those who need to of our wishes.

That being said. As a parent, I would be doing the EXACT same things as her parents are doing. No one would tell me what THEY think is the best interests of my children are.

The main problem that I have with this whole thing is similar to Buff and Juggy's opinion of the interference of the government. I think that too many right wing conservative religious zelots are using this as another way to force feed us their beliefs. Our country was founded with the premise (among others) that the church and the state will remain seperate. More and more, however, this is not the case. That really scares me.

All very valid points and I respect them.. I can only say that if I was
    in her position I would want to die... Anyone close to me in real life
    knows that... I don't fear death at all, but do fear something happening
    to me that makes me end up like that...

Quote Originally Posted by RATM
    I am very torn on this subject. I think that both her husband and parents have valid defenses. My wife and I have talked at lenght about the subject of life support and have made it clear to those who need to of our wishes.

That being said. As a parent, I would be doing the EXACT same things as her parents are doing. No one would tell me what THEY think is the best interests of my children are.

The main problem that I have with this whole thing is similar to Buff and Juggy's opinion of the interference of the government. I think that too many right wing conservative religious zelots are using this as another way to force feed us their beliefs. Our country was founded with the premise (among others) that the church and the state will remain seperate. More and more, however, this is not the case. That really scares me.

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    I don't see how anyone would want to live like that........

Shame Shame Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Why is everyone saying she doesnt want to be on a tube? She had no will, there is no proof of this, and her husband was for keeping her alive up until a couple of years ago.

Anyway, if she can feel pain she is in for a painful miserable death, her kidneys are going to fail, her brain may swell, I mean this is the cruelest possible way to kill her, they mine as well set her on fire it will be quicker.

If she has a right to die, then she should have a right to assistance with it

juicedOUTbrain is offline Associate Member
    IT is sick they have to starve her in the US in 2005...but she doesnt feel pain...the cerebral cortex which is the part of the brain that controls emotion, persolality, rational, logic is completely GONE! all she has is a brain stem which regulates your heart, and reflex reactions
    I kno they were considering a divorce and I heard that story about the fraction on her spine so the husband looks pretty fishy to me, IMO! but either way the court decided that she wanted to die in this situation, from the testimoy of MANY people, not just the husband!
    Weather the husbands a scumbag or not, she wanted to die, and 15 years is long enough

PS- notice that this happens all the time and, the republicans happened to pick a case in florida...can JEB say POLITICALLY MOTIVATED

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    whats wild is tht they may be going to take custody of her (FL) and reinsert the tube - which they have legal right to do - what a mess

Where is Dr. Kavorkian (sp?) when you need him?

(I honestly don't think the guy ever did anything wrong)

juicedOUTbrain is offline Associate Member
    I just saw jeb say that...wow, these guys will do anything if it will score some political points...they have good reason to do it

1.Make democrats look bad by saying we should "kill her"
    2.Make docs more money, bush still owes em!
    3.Advance the Pro-Life agenda
    4.Take peoples attention off the WAR and DEFECIT
    5.Score Jeb some points

Am I missing anything guys?

Where is Dr. Kavorkian (sp?) when you need him?

(I honestly don't think the guy ever did anything wrong)

Let me elaborate a bit.

I certainly would not want to live in her currrent state. However, starving to death has to be one of the worst ways to go.

Straving to death is a cruel thing to do to her.. They can't really just put
    her to death as that would require her giving consent or you have a real
    cut and dry murder case on your hands in the eyes of the law, but I know
    no matter how fuking painful I'd want to be taken out anyway it had to
    be done.. as I said death, pain, none of the **** scares me... Now living
    in a state like she is, That's scares me... I'd want out... Whatever it takes..

Let me elaborate a bit.

I certainly would not want to live in her currrent state. However, starving to death has to be one of the worst ways to go.
    Last edited by Jack87; 03-23-2005 at 03:55 PM.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    The most disgusting part of this whole mess is seeing the Bushies being led around by the nose. Just watch Bush, Hannity, Limbaugh, et al segue this into a major attack on 'activist liberal judges.'

Why do I say Bush's supporters are led by the nose? Look at Iraq: Before the war nobody gave a shiat about Iraqis. Then Bush got going with the 'torture chambers and rape rooms' argument and, all-of-a-sudden, Bushies are concerned about Iraqis. Were they concerned about Iraqis under a decade of sanctions? No. Are they concerned about human rights abuses going on in Iraq RIGHT NOW? No. Were they concerned about other countries such as Sudan and Sierra Leone where similar atrocities were taking place? No. Because the Republicans didn't tell them to care about those places and so their supporters didn't.

I find it sadly amusing to see the self-righteous effort the fundies and righties are pouring into this case. Will they continue the debate after Schiavo dies and rally to the cause of those like her? No. Because the Republicans will channel their anger into judicial 'reform' in an attempt to pack the courts with conservative ideologues. Those like Sciavo will be discarded like yesterdays fashions. Schiavo is simply the feel-good cause du jour.

Regardless of what many in this thread think, it's win-win for the righties. They will somehow manage to blame all of this on the Evil Liberals (Did you know that one of the judges involved in all this was a Clinton nominee??!! Oh goodness!!) and Hannity and Limbaugh will hammer it home.

/If you tell a lie enough times it becomes the truth...

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Rib and spinal fractures are easily possilbe by CPR

I break at least 4 or 5 ribs every time ive given CPR, amd give it to someone fragile..i could easily see a spinal fracture

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Rib and spinal fractures are easily possilbe by CPR

I break at least 4 or 5 ribs every time ive given CPR, amd give it to someone fragile..i could easily see a spinal fracture
    Thanks for being an EMT bro. That is the most unappreciated job on the planet.

Well begining her second week without the feeding tube she is starting to fade.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    good for her. I bet she can finally be happy for once instead of other people getting their emotions involved in her life and keeping that poor women alive.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information