4 23.53%
  • Good for the USA and bad for Cuba

0 0%
  • Bad for the USA and good for Cuba

4 23.53%
  • Makes no difference

3 17.65%
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Question President Carter in Cuba : Good or Bad ?

Let us know what you think.....good or bad ?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm Canadian, so I have no problem with Cuba as a whole. Castro is a bit of a nut, but thats a whole different topic.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Jimmy Carter anywhere is a bad thing. He was the worst President ever IMO.

Thats it RON, I'm declaring an embargo against you!

RON
    An Anabolic Embargo?

Yep, no Canadian drugs for you! Oh wait...that won't hurt you too much, will it? Fine, I'll just make fun of Mickey Mouse whenever I get the chance.

viper is offline Member
    canes...this is a good subject and i thought you would get more replies...
    since Cuba is a communist country, there are certain aspects of how our country should deal with and be perceived by them....

China is also a communist country, but there economy has a large US base to its imports and exports...so we influence them though things like embargos and trade agreements...

North Korea is a different story...through past conflicts, we have to deal with them be limiting aide when needed and show constant military strength....

Cuba on the other hand shouldn't be delt with in either fashion....they are a people who mostly want change and most would like the U.S. way of life (not speaking of there dictators).....we need to provide as much U.S. influence on the common man of Cuba as possible....or show them how great our way of life is.....
    to the dictators of the country we need to be very strict in our policies and limit any assistance, unless they allow us to have direct contact with there "common" people....we're not going to change the dictators of that country that are in power now..but if you look at florida, you will see alot of Cubans desire our way of life.....so maybe the next set of leaders will be more tolerable of allowing a democracy.....
    the Soviet Union is dead, so Cuba has lost its main communist support....we need to fill that gap....

superbeast is offline Member
    How can it be a bad thing? If talk continues and things proceed peacefully, we may be able to have legal and cheap Cuban cigars again!

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I don't think cheap cigars are worth having all those Cubans living in a dictatorship. I can't believe that piece of shit Carter is over there. What the hell is he doing anyways? Why should we lift the embargo when Castro is treating his people like shit? He continuely blames the US and the embargo for the poverty in that nation which is a bunch of bull. He should shut his hole and go back to retirement.

superbeast is offline Member
    Originally posted by D-bol
    Carter is an ass, undermining the current administration is all he doing over there
    U.S. citizens can't go to Cuba. If it weren't for the current administration, he wouldn't be there. So, how is he undermining them?

viper is offline Member
    ....any other ideas
    Last edited by viper; 05-16-2002 at 04:48 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    It can only strenghten the relationships between the two countrys.
    I think itīs good.

RON
    Originally posted by superbeast

U.S. citizens can't go to Cuba. If it weren't for the current administration, he wouldn't be there. So, how is he undermining them?
    The thing is from what I have heard he did not have permission. Powell was pissed. He was supposedly debriefed but no one know by who.

He is trying to make a legacy for his name. So that he will be remembered for something besides peanut farms

viper is offline Member
    ok....to clarify where i stand...i put this action by Mr. Carter is the same boat as when Mr. Jessie Jackson does it.....
    them and a couple of others say, "i'm doing it for the good of my country"...yea right, then move out of the way and let the camera men by....there doing it for the publicity it provides....thats all...

i guess after this we'll have to make Carter our embassador to Cuba..they can have him and all the habitat houses he can build there..

if he would have taken some of that nasty billie beer with him, i could understand him going..how better to discourage illegal immigrants than by saying " this is the beer you will get when you arrive to the USA....hell, no one would be swimming or floating over here i bet...

as for the 911 incident (im still very angry, they killed our innocent brothers and sisters)....i can understand attacking a military site (i don't want that to happen), but to openly attack the general public (deadly force to all involved is the only acceptable answer).....

Bush my have had some information about it, but im sure it was very vague.....i tell you that DEA agents read these boards and an arrest will happen in the future, do you leave and never come back...no to vague.......but if i give you a specific name and date of who they are going to get, if it was you, im sure action would be taken by that person to vanish....

P.S.....i don't know anything about DEA activity, it was only an example, dont hurt me....LOL

DATY Fanatic is offline Junior Member
    While I grant that some effort is needed, it was bad for the US and good for Cuba. Although Carter's message was generally good, the fact he the he even went...took pictures, toured the country, etc with a hunky dorey look on his face is exactly the kind of thing that a corrupt dictator will grossly manipulate and use as propaganda. No need to add credibility to his dictatorship.

Boner is offline New Member
    It is bad for the US and bad for Cuba.

Most people don't know how bad it is until you go there and see it for yourself. The people there have nothing. Any money that is made on tourists is kept by the goverment. The people that say that the embargo must be lifted so that more products may enter Cuba don't realize that these products will only benefit the Cuban dictatoship, not the people. I have been there twice and have seen it for myself.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Ol Peanut Picker Carter, turned So. Fla into a dump in the final years of his term. Castro opened his jails and nut houses and rid himself of thousands of criminals..and ol Jimmy was there...welcoming with open arms....BAD for us, right! However, he thought he was doign the right thing..the humanitarian thing so I cannot bust his balls for that...Castro just took advantage of ol peaceful Jim...Now if that would have been during Regan's term...different story!

jacko is offline Junior Member
    any talks with the cuban regime is BAD!
    because the regime is only looking for aid to stay alive.
    after the fall of the soviet union it would be comparable to cuba coming off a 20 week fina cycle with no clomid,hcg ,nolvadex or anything.

economic pressure is the only real affective way besides force to remove the strangle hold castro has on the cuban people.
    I have most of my family over there including my sister & nephew.
    she a diabetic and for those bro's how have studied in detail about it know it's a real pain in the a**!
    even with all the hardship the firm sanctions are needed.
    that eventually will drive the very goverment to overthrow old numbnuts.
    some think, well castro's been there 44 years and the sanctions done nothing but recall the powerbase for aid of the soviets terminated with their fall so lately is when the pressure is on.
    in conclusion, one needs not to be a political expert to voice an opinion but one know should make the effert to make a just one.

Hell, those poor folk don't have any juice MMAAAA!!

jacko is offline Junior Member
    Bamaslamma's got a point!
    you hit it on the head.

Thread Information