EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Sept 11 Charity Info

I was asked about some of the charities that I posted links for, so here's a little bio on some legit charities:

[color=dark-blue]THE NEW YORK POLICE & FIRE WIDOWS' & CHILDREN'S BENEFIT FUND[/color]
    A non-profit organization that assists the families of fallen New York City firefighters and police officers. The Fund provides funds to families at the time of a death to assist with immediate expenses. In addition, the benefit fund distributes an annual check to each of the surviving families

[color=dark-blue]THE AMERICAN RED CROSS[/color]
    The American Red Cross is providing lifesaving assistance in the form of immediate disaster mass care and blood to victims and emergency workers in New York, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania following the incomprehensible attacks of September 11. The Red Cross will stay with these people as this tragedy unfolds. The Red Cross has been on the scene from the beginning providing disaster support in the form of food, shelter and mental health counseling to all individuals affected.

[color=dark-blue]BURN CENTRE AT WASHINGTON HOSPITAL CENTER[/color]
    Funds raised will allow the Burn Center to assist burn victims who can not afford their treatment, offset the costs of skin and blood products, purchase specialized treatment and rehabilitative equipment, conduct burn wound research and train burn nurses and therapists.

[color=dark-blue]UNITED WAY[/color]
    The September 11th Fund was established by United Way and The New York Community Trust to mobilize financial resources to respond to the immediate and longer-term needs of the victims, their families and communities affected by the events of September 11, 2001.

[color=dark-blue]SALVATION ARMY[/color]
    At this time, monetary donations are needed to help pay for the 100,000 meals The Salvation Army is serving emergency personnel each day of this massive rescue and recovery effort. Volunteers and supplies may again be needed in the days and weeks that follow.

These are just a few that I support. For a detailed list of legitimate charities visit www.libertyunites.org/donate.adp

Thanks!
    Last edited by EXCESS; 10-18-2001 at 11:22 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    good post..bump

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    bump
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Bump it up!

Thread Information