Probbe is offline New Member

Fat Lawsuit - MUST READ

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...food_lawsuit_1

Check out the site above!! WTF, shit is CRAZIEEE!!!! Let me know u'r thoughts

Obesity Cited in Fast Food Suit
    Fri Jul 26,12:09 PM ET

NEW YORK (AP) - A man sued four leading fast food chains, claiming he became obese and suffered from other serious health problems from eating their fatty cuisine.
    Caesar Barber, 56, filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Bronx Supreme Court, naming McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    "They said `100 percent beef.' I thought that meant it was good for you," Barber told Newsday. "I thought the food was OK."
    "Those people in the advertisements don't really tell you what's in the food," he said. "It's all fat, fat and more fat. Now I'm obese."
    Barber, a 5-foot-10 maintenance worker who weighs 272 pounds, had heart attacks in 1996 and 1999 and has diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He said he ate fast food for decades, believing it was good for him until his doctor cautioned him otherwise.
    "The fast food industry has wrecked my life," Barber told the New York Post.
    Barber said there is no history of heart disease or diabetes in his family. He said he started eating fast food in the 1950s because it was cheap and efficient.
    His lawyer, Samuel Hirsch, said the restaurants should list ingredients on their menus.
    "There is direct deception when someone omits telling people food digested is detrimental to their health," Hirsch said.
    The four chains have been providing nutritional information, including carlorie and fat content, of their meals for many years.
    Steven Anderson, chief executive and president of the National Restaurant Association, called Barbers claim "senseless and baseless."
    "Obviously the lawsuit is a blatant attempt to capitalize on the recent publicity and news stories on the growing rates of obesity," he said.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I just laughed when i heard this.

So incrediable dumb that i cant even comment.

steele175 is offline New Member
    that is the most bogus thing ive ever herd. those people are the most retarded money hungry peolpe and need to get a life. with that said im of to sue nike. a nail went into my foot because the soles werent tough enough to stop the penatration...there was no "warning lable", how would i know? and even though this happend i cant stop wearing them so they must have put some addictive element in the tounge of the shoe. the fact that they advertise to young kidsmakes them murders they should know that young kids will beat and kill for an ill pair of air jordans ..wich makes jordan responseable too..... what do ya think and think ya should

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    If only people would take responsibility for their actions ONCE in awhile the world would be a better place. that's all i have to say i'm out.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Tedmax195
    If only people would take responsibility for their actions ONCE in awhile the world would be a better place. that's all i have to say i'm out.
    I couldnt have said it better. Why these days everyone ELSE is to blame is beyond me

Zoolander is offline Junior Member
    ONLY in AMERICA!!!!!!!

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Zoolander
    ONLY in AMERICA!!!!!!!
    that's so true.....Karl Marx believed that capitalism would never work because of the greed it encouraged. What do you think is happening in America today?

Looks like Karl might have the last laugh

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I think its a global thing, Every country has those that cant own up to their own actions, but our legal system just plain stinks

Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    I think its a global thing
    You are right on my friend!

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    thats why we need tort reform. but the republicrats (that is both republicans and democrats) stop it from happening

we don't need reform....we need reformation!!!!
    Reform will only delay the inevidable.

Zoolander is offline Junior Member
    Idea!!!!!!!!!

If you are born UGLY then sue your parents!!!!!!!!!!

wyz1 is offline New Member
    I'm sueing Subway, because I saw those commercials and wnet on a subway diet (I eat subs like 10 times a day) I really like the southwest steak and bacon!! Anyway I just seem to get fatter its not working like it did for jarrod.

El Kabong is offline New Member
    I'm suing my parents for not passing on the correct genes. They should've known I'd want a 29 inch waist and 48 inch chest. And dammit, I wanted *blond* hair !

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Who wants to bet that the fat fucker spends his settlement money on a bucket of KFC? He'll probably get some "shut up fatty" cash. It should be enough for a lifetime of extra cheese and bacon.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Who wants to bet that the fat fucker spends his settlement money on a bucket of KFC? He'll probably get some "shut up fatty" cash. It should be enough for a lifetime of extra cheese and bacon.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    LOMFL that is the dumbest shit i ever heard of. WTF are people that money hungry they'll try to do something like this(in this case he was very hungry huh) damn, i was hanging a picture on my wall the other day, and i hit my thumb with the hammer. does this mean I could sue home depot for selling me the hammer?? LOL like you guys said only in america.. everyone wants to call on judge wapner now a days for stupid sh_t. hmm where do they get money to try these stupid cases huh?? court appointed attorneys, and who pays for them??
    the fatty should face it he f_cked up so he should have a coke, and a smile and shut the F up..
    Last edited by kreper69; 08-16-2002 at 11:25 AM.

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    I agree this is the most frivolous B.S. I have seen yet. In reality fat does not make a person fat, laziness does, more calories coming in then spent, you can get fat off brown rice if you tried. But with the case of MacDonalds please read the facts of a case before you talk crap, stop listening to the freaking media or old wives tales
    http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

anabolicmyo

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    She had skin graphs to her labia, and clit.
    This guy is just a freaking moron.
    Big differance.Huh?

anabolicmyo

This is so stupid, it's just like that lawsuit that crazy lady made against McDonalds when she spilled some of there coffee on herself and got "burned". She claimed, "I didn't know it was going to be hot" (not an actual quote) How stupid is that?

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    What a fat lazy f*ck, seriously. This fat lazy bastard is just trying to make a lot a money so he doesn't have to work another day in his life. He just wants to sit on his fat ass the rest of his life and shove his face full of shit. A burger made in two minutes, I could see how someone could think that was healthy. That guy is a piece of shit.

mique is offline Junior Member
    I was reading an article last week about a 70year old man who just bought a Winnabago rv and while going down the highway he decided to set the cruise control and go to the back and make a cup of coffee! at 70mph! he just put it on auto pilot/cruise control. he crashed and then sued Winnabego because it didnt say anywhere in the ownersbook that you couldnt do it. what really fucked up is that this stupid shit won about a million dollars and a new RV, plus Winnabega had to change all of its owners manuals. no shit! true story. I see if I can find the exact details and then Ill post it. yup! only in America.

Epic01 is offline Junior Member
    that's got to be some of the most ourtrageous shit i've ever heard. what a lazy fuck.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Guys u gotta look a little deeper then the surface to see why someone would pursuit a lawsuit like this. Now i'm sure u're saying to yourself that theres no way that this lawsuit can be justified, but just think why someone would do this other then the money.

Remember those cancer sticks we call cigarettes. Even hundred of years ago ppl knew they were bad, i mean c'mon u're breathing fire, but ppl still smoked em. Even before all these studies it was obvious that smoking was bad for you. Then someone finally got this crazy idea to sue the tobacco companies, they were suing someone for something they should have taken responsibility themselves for doing. All i'm saying is that it is not as crazy as it seems to be. It took a long time and a lot work for someone to finally successfully sue the tobacco companies but they did it.

TeenPL is offline Banned
    Originally posted by saboudian
    Guys u gotta look a little deeper then the surface to see why someone would pursuit a lawsuit like this. Now i'm sure u're saying to yourself that theres no way that this lawsuit can be justified, but just think why someone would do this other then the money.

Remember those cancer sticks we call cigarettes. Even hundred of years ago ppl knew they were bad, i mean c'mon u're breathing fire, but ppl still smoked em. Even before all these studies it was obvious that smoking was bad for you. Then someone finally got this crazy idea to sue the tobacco companies, they were suing someone for something they should have taken responsibility themselves for doing. All i'm saying is that it is not as crazy as it seems to be. It took a long time and a lot work for someone to finally successfully sue the tobacco companies but they did it.
    You hit the nail on the head. Its bullshit if you ask me, there's a new epidemic spreading throughout America. Its called victimization. People are not taking responsibility for their actions. People blame steroid boards for people hurting themselves with juice, instead of placing blame where it is due-on the dumb fuck that took the juice.
    Alcoholism is now considered a disease, instead of just a lack of self-control,(which in most cases it is)
    It really does make me sick

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by TeenPL

You hit the nail on the head. Its bullshit if you ask me, there's a new epidemic spreading throughout America. Its called victimization. People are not taking responsibility for their actions. People blame steroid boards for people hurting themselves with juice, instead of placing blame where it is due-on the dumb fuck that took the juice.
    Alcoholism is now considered a disease, instead of just a lack of self-control,(which in most cases it is)
    It really does make me sick
    Agree - 100%

Thread Information