Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Americans held in Cabo San Lucas by Mexican Military

Lifted1 is offline Member

Americans held in Cabo San Lucas by Mexican Military

In the aftermath of hurricane Odile there are now thousands of American citizens being held against their will by Mexican Authorities. Two of those people are my mother and father in law. We have had sporadic communication with them since the natural disaster and everything was going ok until today. We contacted the Mexican Embassy and received generic answers to our questions. I'm going to put a link to the video from my Aunts facebook with a message left by my mother in law this evening 09/17/2014. I would appreciate if you would share this with any and everyone as we would like the United States of America to be aware of the situation.
    Last edited by Lifted1; 09-24-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What you are trying to say here is the government is holding them hostage? That is crap. They are being held for their safety. Cabo is a wreck.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    What you are trying to say here is the government is holding them hostage? That is crap. They are being held for their safety. Cabo is a wreck.
    Because of the Hurricane or peoples safety in general?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    Because of the Hurricane or peoples safety in general?
    The resort areas are in ruins. They are preparing to airlift tourists out. They have been told to stay put because it is a mess

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I can see how your relatives are wanting to leave as soon as possible. however, the area is devastated.

New Details on the Reopening Date for Cabo San Lucas' Hurricane-Damaged Airport || Jaunted

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted1 View Post
    In the aftermath of hurricane Odile there are now thousands of American citizens being held against their will by Mexican Authorities. Two of those people are my mother and father in law. We have had sporadic communication with them since the natural disaster and everything was going ok until today. We contacted the Mexican Embassy and received generic answers to our questions. I'm going to put a link to the video from my Aunts facebook with a message left by my mother in law this evening 09/17/2014. I would appreciate if you would share this with any and everyone as we would like the United States of America to be aware of the situation.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204114337330755

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sorry but I hate self absorbed people like that who think because they are Americans they should get some sort of special treatment and the sun rotates around them. Lifted1 you are letting your emotions get the best of you also. Think about it logically.

The airports were closed. The place was devastated. They just had the worst natural disaster in what, 200 years?

One fvckn day, 24hrs later and they were on their way home. Pathetic. They should have had to live/survive, get a job for money/food for a week and see how the locals feel.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I like to travel a lot and I NEVER put myself above the locals or think I am better than anyone else. Maybe that's why most everywhere I go I make long term friend and have always been told by others how much the people there enjoyed my visit and my attitude.

Please dont turn out like your parents.
    DCI and RigPig like this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifted1 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204114337330755
    I'm going to say a little something you may not like.

When you travel abroad to third world countries, sometimes, shit happens.

The Mexican government has little resources. When you rely on the word of the Mexican government, which has a difficult time just managing itself, quite often you will be disappointed.

I'm sorry this happened. But the American Citizenship "Gold Card" doesn't work 24/7.

Yeah, they are a little inconvenienced. Yeah, they may miss a few days of work.

But let me tell you, I've been delayed due to rockets fired at airports, bombs going off at the US Embassy across the street, friends blown to bits at restaurants, snipers taking pot shots at you, police using RPG's exploding holes in your neighbors perimeter walls, assassins skulking about.........

so they may miss a pedicure appointment, and I'm real sorry for that. But they are healthy, and in no immanent danger.

I chalk this up to the "that's interesting, but shit happens" category.

Sorry I'm not more sympathetic.

---Roman
    RigPig likes this.

Thread Information