bermich is offline Anabolic Member

CA recall bad for politics?? HELL NO

I keep hearing how the CA recall is bad for politics and I even heard someone say that if this recall goes through, what is to stop OTHER recalls from occurring. I hope ABSOLUTELY nothing will stop OTHER recalls. Maybe it will get the message through to all the politicians who feel their job is secure ONCE they get into office. HELL NO. If you are not doing the job you swore you would do then YOUR ASS is about to get fired by the people who hired you.
    Its a wake up call that we are not going to sit back and just wait for your term of office to be up. Fuck no. We will recall you and set an example for all other LAZY, GREEDY, SPECIAL interests politicians. Once they get in office, all these special interest groups make them rich when they sign bills protecting their business's (logging, guns, construction)

40 million to have a recall. Gray Davis says that money could go to the children. WHERE DID the 40 BILLION go that he spent? Not to the children. 40 million is not even 1 % of 40 billion.
    I LOVE IT. I cant wait til DAVIS is booted out. Now he is apologyzing for the electric crisis. Too little too late.

I would love to talk to the people who say it is bad for politics and now it will make other RECALLS happen. THAT IS HOW WE SET UP OUR GOVERNMENT. The people have the power. No ONE PERSON has ABSOLUTE GOVERN.

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    the recall process is a very important of the democratic process. those who oppose the recall do so very naively and do it more so out of their own biases (sourgrapes, not wanting to lose to republicans). the bottom line is that the PEOPLE recall officials. if no one checks off the recall box then he won't be recalled. if the overwhelming majority do, doesn't that say something?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I totally agree. Liberal Dems call this an autrocity to the Democartic process but the fact of the matter is. This is written law by the people that is just and ethical.

Recalls have been attempted 33 times in out nations history. even Reagen had a recall try which failed misrably.
    It's up to the people to decide whther this process takes place and Davis is just the sorry SOB that screwed things up enough to piss people off

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I like how the Democrats "Davis" said it was another attempt of the republicans to steal the position without the votes. Kinda like the Bush Gore thing. How Bush is not the president because he didnt have the votes. REPUBLICANS must have been counting I guess.

HorseyGrl is offline Female Member
    Posted by Pheedno - 08-21-2003 at 11:38 AM
    I totally agree. Liberal Dems call this an autrocity to the Democartic process but the fact of the matter is. This is written law by the people that is just and ethical.

Recalls have been attempted 33 times in out nations history. even Reagen had a recall try which failed misrably.
    It's up to the people to decide whther this process takes place and Davis is just the sorry SOB that screwed things up enough to piss people off
    This IS a democracy we live in and the recall is a democratic process, govenment by the people. California is not the only place with unruly democrats. In Texas the dang libbies have fled to New Mexico to avoid redistricting the would give the republicans key areas. They love to bitch and complain about the republican party, but they don't do a darn thing! Gov. Perry (state of Tex.) has introduced a fine for each rep. that is gone, adding up over the days. I think it is at 50,000 per a rep. right now.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseyGrl
    This IS a democracy we live in and the recall is a democratic process, govenment by the people. California is not the only place with unruly democrats. In Texas the dang libbies have fled to New Mexico to avoid redistricting the would give the republicans key areas. They love to bitch and complain about the republican party, but they don't do a darn thing! Gov. Perry (state of Tex.) has introduced a fine for each rep. that is gone, adding up over the days. I think it is at 50,000 per a rep. right now.

I agree whole heartedly HG. I live in Houston and the situation with these reps is both hilarious and atrocious at the same time. I mean what kind of an example are these jokers setting not only for the members of their party, but for thier children.
    I'm reminded of the Roy Orbison song "Running Scared"
    The fines are an insentive to get them back but something tells me they'll be lifted.

It just shows that the respect and interest in the process of legislation is absent from their train of thought. They're so concerned with maintaining postion of power that they'll excuse justifiable law and process to get it

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    http://www.joinarnold.com/video.html

a tear of pride rolls down my eye :lol

Thread Information