Big Al is offline Retired Moderator

No Posting Today 9-12-01

I think as a mark of respect no one should post about anything other than the tradegy that occured yesterday.

I know you guys in the US wouldn't as you have too much to deal with but anybody overseas PLEASE show you respect and NO POSTING TODAY.

Lets discuss the situation if necessary but nothing else.

My heart goes out to everyone caught up in the aftermath of such an inhumane act, I'm not american but theis affects the whole world, it changes life as we know it and I for one feel great pain and sadness that this could happen. It makes me very angry, few men have the courage to fight one on one, these cowards use sucide as an act of imortalisation. May they burn in HELL.

BA

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree, thats the least we can do.

GIVE BLOOD!!!

GIVE MONEY!!!

GIVE SUPPORT!!!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    bump

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm in. No posting unless it's a direct comment on the tragedy.
    Pete

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Excuse me guys...this post may be a little long winded but there are a few things I'd like to get out. First and foremost I want to send my most sincere condolences to any of the people on this board who have been directly affected by this horrible event. For the guys who have lost friends or loved ones...I don't know what to say...I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, has publicly stated that this is not only an attack against America but an attack against capitalism and the free world. I believe that is true to a certain extent, but I also feel that this was a direct attack on America by small, petty, cowardly, backwards, brainwashed extremists. It is widely accepted that the U.S.A. is offers the greatest opportunities and freedom of any country in the world (some of your allies offer the same freedoms...but not neccesarily the same opportunities). Therefore I believe this was a vindictive act...and as in Pearl Harbour...an act that will ever live in infamy.

I lift to get bigger and stronger and if thought my safety, or that of my family, were in jeoprody I'm sure I could summon up enough rage and aggresion to inflict serious damage on an individual or individuals. However, I'm a liberal who tends to wear his heart on his sleeve and as such I have been deeply scarred by the images I've seen in the last 24hrs. Hearing firsthand stories of personal loss (wives, husbands, children, parents, emergency workers) has brought tears to my eyes on several occasions. This is something that is going to affect everybody for a long, long time. You never think it could happen to you, or somebody you care for...but it can. The threat is very real. I fly for business several times per year and never worry about these things. I've flown in and out of a lot of the major airports in the U.S. (Newark, Lagaurdia, Jax, Logan, O' Haire, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix Intl, LAX, Sea-Tac, Minneapolis and San Fran). My concerns, or lack thereof, regarding air travel are now warranted. Sorry for the length of this post.

landshark is offline Associate Member
    BUMP

GIVE BLOOD...

Mike Guest
    bump

sorry guys just not in the mood to give advice - I promise I will help ya out tomorrow or later in the week perhaps but some of this stuff was a little too close to home

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Big bump for this one !

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

oops

Sorry I read someone's post and replied before I read this... No disrespect intended....

My older Brother rides on that jet from NJ to SF every week. It just so happened that his meeting was delayed so he had to reschedule the flight. We couldn't get ahold of his cell phone all day. I didn't know till he called late that afternoon about 5. It still makes me tear up thinking I could have just lost my brother. Nothing compared to the rage of yesterday though. To everyone still wondering don't give up hope. I'm not a very religious man but I pray for you all every day.

Thread Information