new diet... goal is 3500 calories

New diet today

non training day

5 wheatbix 3 cups milk
    can of tuna, 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans
    200g chicken breast 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans
    ground beef 180g 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans
    200g steak 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans
    snack
    30g protein shake before bed

5 wheatbix 3 cups milk
    can of tuna, 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans
    200g chicken breast 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans
    ground beef 180g 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans
    30g protein shake pre work out with a bannana
    post work out shake 30g protein with whole cream milk
    200g steak 1 cup brown rice/ sweet potato or wheat pasta, 1 cup green beans

spoon of peanut butter before sleep.

have been bulking for 2 years, but might need to dial done 16lbs, to drop body fat then countinue working at my goal as a hard gainer trying to tame that mythical creature of lean body mass bulk

any feed back is great. thanks

oh yes i know if i need to lose weight, i need to drop calorie intake. for now or the next 3 months i wanna to try and eat leaner with this diet and see how natural body comp happends

thanks.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    welcome to the forum body.. what r ur stats? age weight height bodyfat%??

33, 217lbs or 97.9 kgs 5'10 probably around 21%bf. cant see abs, but my gut is solid mass

gonna take measurements tomorrow on my day off from working out

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    21%? I'm not surprised! What are the macro's for each meal?

And your stomach is a 'solid mass'? Are you being polite to say its fat?

How did you have your bf checked?

I would suggest you read the cutting 101 sticky and come back with a plan, excluding milk, on dropping 2lbs or so.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

no my stomach isnt flat but its solid mass, not distended. i had abs all my like untill 3 years ago when i turned thirty and decided to do a massive bulk.
    if i was "fat" id say i was fat.

taking measurements and using that math, i know its far from accurate, but i cant afford to d0 water suspension body fat indexing. i used teh bmi machine at work today lol said i was at a bmi 30.1

im not ready to cut yet, as my goal is to hit 200lbs lean but i think with my current muscle mass if i diet down i wont be happy with body composition. So for another 12 weeks i want to bulk a bit more at roughly 3500 calories a day Then with enough training and fasted 5am cardio look at something maybe -500 calories under maintenance or more if necessary.

So for now im just trying to get help critiquing my new diet posted and double check where im sitting for calorie intake.

Well, we never work out how many cals anybody is eating, or their macro's. That's your job and we can critique from their.

At 21% bf nobody on here is going to recommend you bulk. I hope. If you want to post a couple of pics you will get a close estimate of your bf % and if you want to review from there that's cool.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest you stop looking on the numbers on the scale for a while. Look at your body to see if your happy with it. No sense getting bigger just to get bigger. You may want to cut some fat for a while just to see where your at in this journey. If you woke up in the morning and looked like a Greek Adonis, and the scale said 150 lbs would you care? It's not what te scale says, it's how you look and feel.

oh right , my bad. i was just trying to get a second opinion on the diet that i reckon is close to 3500, i might just be under, was thinking of adding 6-9 eggs into teh mix a day.

i understand the concept of losing weight to below 14%(roughly) then try to put on lean mass. ive done alot of power lifting so im short and stalky but with regular hypertrophy a "clean" diet and cardio i know i will lose fat as i gain weight. When i feel im no longer losing fat or even gaining fat ill re work my maintenance level and go into a deficit

thanks for taking time to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    I would suggest you stop looking on the numbers on the scale for a while. Look at your body to see if your happy with it. No sense getting bigger just to get bigger. You may want to cut some fat for a while just to see where your at in this journey. If you woke up in the morning and looked like a Greek Adonis, and the scale said 150 lbs would you care? It's not what te scale says, it's how you look and feel.
    very true, well said. I know my goal as Ive been there before when i was 21, 33 now i can achieve it easily. Im happy now when i wake up in the morning and im not bloated

If you are adding 300-500 cals to 3500 you are ginna be ingesting a lot of cals and a lot of fat. That is not a particularly clean diet.

What is your maintenance? If you are gonna eat 4000 cals I would hope your maintenance is 2500 and I suspect it isn't. Even if it is you will need to clean the saturated far out of your diet.

Again, it is up to you to find out and list the macro's for your meals. Nobody can help without it!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

2793 is my current maintenance.

Thread Information