Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon

Thread: Rate My Diet & Help Me Modify It.

hell911 is offline Associate Member

Red face Rate My Diet (X/10)

pls rate my diet plan, i want it to be cheap and less cooking.

if you have any suggestions, pls post it..

height: 5'7"
    weight: 127lb
    4 days workout per week

i am going to cook the rice, and mix it with 12 eggs = similar to fried rice

Cost per week: around $31.76 -- (if there is sale, much cheaper)

Total macros per day
    cal === 2894
    protein === 130
    carbs === 371
    Last edited by hell911; 11-25-2013 at 03:58 PM.

anyone help, will this diet work?

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Not sure if the carb/protein ratio is ok. I would increase the protein and decrease the carbs, but that might be a personal thing with me. Vegtables/greens etc? Fish oils?

Might need to lay out meal 1 to 6 in a bit more detail for people to chime in here.

At the top you say you are consuming 2499 cals and then lower down you are consuming 2894 cals.

at the top, it is the calories i need to bulk.

at bottom is the sum of calories i got from food. ( i know it is way too much increase)

I shot for the 2900 cals a couple of years ago starting at 154lbs or so and gained too much fat.
    You need to trim some cals somewhere. lol

1. is the calories and carbs from rice correct? 2 cups, 1224 cals, 268 carbs.

2. can u help me modify the diet? i need to reduce calories and increase protein.

3. why would u want to reduce carbs? and, how many?

LbforLb152 is offline New Member
    Research how many carbs are in a cup of rice. Eat like a 150-160 lb person to add weight. Have high carb days and low carb days to shock the system, but get plenty of them. Experiment. Carb up carb deplete. Healthy fats. Might want to keep them somewhat low, many choose to do different in different situations.. I'd have 3 solid meals and two or three snacks in the perfect world. Good luck hope that helped a little

Quote Originally Posted by hell911 View Post
    1. is the calories and carbs from rice correct? 2 cups, 1224 cals, 268 carbs. Depends on the size of your cup.....do some weighing yourself to be exact

2. can u help me modify the diet? i need to reduce calories and increase protein. If you need to trim cals, then cut carbs as your protein is low enough

3. why would u want to reduce carbs? and, how many? You have 3 times more carbs than protein, maybe even them up
    Work out some figures and individual meals

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    hell911,

If you are having problems generating a good food plan pop your numbers in here and it will do it for you, good for beginners.

The automatic meal planner - Eat This Much

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

@tarmyg
    is this calculator REALIABLE?? IIFYM Calculator

because it says i need about 380g of carbs, dont u think that is too high, and it says i need only around 130g of protein, this amount of protein will be enough to gain muscle?

@mr small

You have 3 times more carbs than protein, maybe even them up
    i followed that amount of carbs because the IIFYM calculator said so, if that is not correct, then i should stop using that calculator..

-----------

also, as i posted before, i will be mixing all the eggs with 2 cups of rice (egg fried rice), and split them into few meals in a day, will cook 1 time in a day to save time.

Blog Entries
    The automatic meal planner will do this for you.

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

@tarmyg
    is this calculator REALIABLE?? IIFYM Calculator

because it says i need about 380g of carbs, dont u think that is too high, and it says i need only around 130g of protein, this amount of protein will be enough to gain muscle?

@mr small

i followed that amount of carbs because the IIFYM calculator said so, if that is not correct, then i should stop using that calculator..

-----------

also, as i posted before, i will be mixing all the eggs with 2 cups of rice (egg fried rice), and split them into few meals in a day, will cook 1 time in a day to save time.
    Lol......i was going to advise you to post this question on the gbrice75 thread on here, but you already did.

It was gbrice75 himself that said that 130g protein was enough.......sooooooo..........he is the nutrition guru around here, he is probably right.

is this amount of rice safe to eat with 10 eggs per day?

(will eat 2 cups of rice everyday)
    long grain uncooked rice
    1cup = 185g = 6.5 ounces
    675g calories
    148g carbs
    13g protein

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    what is ur bf%?

are you male?

you are measuring all ur food raw/dry right?

what do u mean is it safe to eat with eggs?

what does ur finalized complete diet look like right now including total cals and macros?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    what is ur bf%? around 18?

are you male? male.
    new plan.. this is like 3 meals per day.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hell911
    new plan.. this is like 3 meals per day.
    Bro... Lay out a meal plan, meal 1, 2 etc with macros for each meal it's easier to critique understand and comment on.

From looking at that, your eating three types of foods, rice, eggs and chick peas, correct?

I know your light at 127lbs but at 18% id recommend a slow cut getting use to the workouts and movements and then bulk but it's your choice.

What age are you?

^
    meal plan is to cook all those 3 food items at once, and divide them into 3 meals. total 2500+ calories.

and yes, 3 types of food, but ofcourse i can eat other foods with it, but the food listed above is the MAIN.

age 22

^ meal plan is to cook all those 3 food items at once, and divide them into 3 meals. total 2500+ calories. and yes, 3 types of food, but ofcourse i can eat other foods with it, but the food listed above is the MAIN. age 22
    3 foods is not a healthy diet plan at all pal. Ok granted the foods are clean, 3 food choices is unhealthy and will lead to boredom on your diet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    3 foods is not a healthy diet plan at all pal. Ok granted the foods are clean, 3 food choices is unhealthy and will lead to boredom on your diet.
    Boredom part I understand but why is it not healthy?

Thanks
    ~T

Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Boredom part I understand but why is it not healthy? Thanks ~T
    Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey Trophy Husband - a countdown timer
    IMO opinion three food sources although sustainable, in the long term are not healthy, I guess variety will help with nutrient deficiencies.

well, what i can do is eat all those 3 foods for certain amount of time (few months) for bulking up, when i will go to cutting phase, i can just change diet.

for now, i think this is good plan? correct?

and about boredom, i can just eat a slice of pizza or something every 4-5 days.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    The most important thing if you are not having variety in your diet is to make sure you really like the choices you are giving yourself and you can do things to spice up your food like using different seasonings etc. I pretty much eat the same food choices during the work week just because of my time restraints but on my days off I change up the food choices but make sure to hit the same macros as during the work week. I not a big fan of cheat meals either but I do not have a sweet tooth. My cheat meals are about eating more if what I normally eat and get the sensation of being full

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027
    The most important thing if you are not having variety in your diet is to make sure you really like the choices you are giving yourself and you can do things to spice up your food like using different seasonings etc. I pretty much eat the same food choices during the work week just because of my time restraints but on my days off I change up the food choices but make sure to hit the same macros as during the work week. I not a big fan of cheat meals either but I do not have a sweet tooth. My cheat meals are about eating more if what I normally eat and get the sensation of being full
    This is good advice. Maybe every few days change up your protein source just for a change.

Also incorporate a multi.

This is good advice. Maybe every few days change up your protein source just for a change.

Absolutely that's easy enough to do by just preparing most of your protein for the week on you day off

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027
    Absolutely that's easy enough to do by just preparing most of your protein for the week on you day off
    Yeah I do mine 2x weekly, place them in little bags and take as needed. It's very convenient.

Yeah I do mine 2x weekly, place them in little bags and take as needed. It's very convenient.
    I use the little Tupperware containers Keeps everything very fresh for 5 days. Makes life very easy and thats what we need to do. Most of this lifestyle that people take for granted is the food that we eat. Training is the easy part for me
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    I use the little Tupperware containers Keeps everything very fresh for 5 days. Makes life very easy and thats what we need to do. Most of this lifestyle that people take for granted is the food that we eat. Training is the easy part for me
    Absolutely. Think about it, you're spending ~ an hour a day working out. The remainder of the day has to be dedicated to making the diet and rest work. The gym is the easy part.
    Bio-Active likes this.

aren't multivitamins a waste?

-----------------------
    also, im already eating 6oz of rice everyday with 800g of chickpeas, and few eggs, if i bump it up, i think i can handle it.

aren't multivitamins a waste? ----------------------- also, im already eating 6oz of rice everyday with 800g of chickpeas, and few eggs, if i bump it up, i think i can handle it.
    Why would a multi be a waste?

Blog Entries
    aren't multivitamins a waste?
    Yes, COMPLETLY!!!

Vitamins should be take if you have an actual deficit and targeted towards where the deficit is.

Thanks
    ~T

Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

Last edited by tarmyg; 01-27-2014 at 03:30 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Schmicc is offline Junior Member
    Why are you only eating rice, chic peas and eggs? What about meat and veggies? Who doesn't have chicken or tuna in there diet. That's that good shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicc View Post
    Why are you only eating rice, chic peas and eggs? What about meat and veggies? Who doesn't have chicken or tuna in there diet. That's that good shit...
    both eggs and chicken have protein. so don't you think i can eat either of those.

both eggs and chicken have protein. so don't you think i can eat either of those.
    They do both have protein, but variety in diet is a better diet. It's a lifestyle change. Chicken and eggs will have different amino acid profiles, I get my protein from fish, eggs, tuna, chicken, beef.

Thread Information