LookinToGrow is offline Associate Member

Test only cycle?

My friend, who's 42, is thinking of doing a cycle. He did a cycle of deca about 6 years ago and is not sure what to do next. I know after hanging around here for a while, that everybody recommends doing a test only (with PCT, of course) cycle for your first cycle. Should he stick with that advice or do you guys think he could do a stack? He was asking me because he knows I've been reading this forum for a while. Thanks.

JuicedBull is offline New Member
    I'd go for the test only cycle. If he's been off for about 6 years, he should get some good results w/test only.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    If he did a Deca only cycle he should get on this site and do a little homework and yes a test only cycle would be good.

LookinToGrow is offline Associate Member
    Thats what I figured. Thanks for your input guys. By the way, I did tell him to come on here and do his homework. This place is the best resource.

FContact is offline New Member
    T only will suffice, besides since I'm a firm believer in test being the base of almost all cycles it would be good to know how that hormone alone would react with him at elevated levels because if he stacks and get undesirable sides he won't know which hormone is the culprit or if he is to blame both, and if he gets good results he won't know if its from the combo or if it was actually just one of the hormones. Plust he'll want to know what dose of test best suits him.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    I tried test gel.....10 a day.....yuck......blew up like a balloon and had no anti-e to save me so I quit it. Test seems good if you want to bloat up like a woman. I know I'm no expert but why in the world take something that you have to constantly fight the estrogen effects....makes no sense at all.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Test only should be okay I think, but at 42 years old, he can take GH also. He may be a little more subceptable to bloating on test if he's not taking any anti-estrogen while on the cycle and the GH will help reduce that bloating.

I was on 2iu of GH a day......didn't help the bloating one bit.......if you want sky high BP and your eyes swollen shut.....take the test. I could take my thumb and press indentations in my lower leg. That can NOT be healthy for your heart one bit.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    I was on 2iu of GH a day......didn't help the bloating one bit.......if you want sky high BP and your eyes swollen shut.....take the test. I could take my thumb and press indentations in my lower leg. That can NOT be healthy for your heart one bit.
    was your diet clean and your bf low when you started cycle...you should never use test with a high bodyfat ratio..you may also have hypertension

kaorialfred is offline Member
    what he said.
    most important diet. Has this guy been working out in the present or is he using AS to get him back in the gym?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    was your diet clean and your bf low when you started cycle...you should never use test with a high bodyfat ratio..you may also have hypertension

DEVLDOG.....I agree.....but how many 40+ year olds have low BF???....I'm sure there are those who think they have low BF......yet all these people are on test for HRT......no hypertension til I was on test.....I see your point.....all the fat enhances conversion to estrogen. I need to clean up my diet and get the lard off first. Even then I would still be hesitant to use test. Maybe anavar or winny.
    Here's the problem......we feel old and crappy......then supposedly we're low on test.....but we can't use test cause we're fat......but we're unmotivated to exercise because we're low on test. Interesting catch 22

Thanks for your help though!

Thread Information