NJou812 is offline Associate Member

Question Question-Just got HRT today

Hey Fellas,
    I'm 30 with high levels of catabolism (high CK and low DHEA)and my Dr just prescribed some Test E.

I'm already on a cycle now: I'm on a Test E 350mg/week and EQ 350mg/week cycle until December. I told the Doctor (who dosen't know I'm using AS) that I'll start my HRT in March, as I think that will give me enough time to recover from my current cycle.

My question: I'm not a big guy (165, 5'9) I've been lifing for 10 years and always watch my diet. Blood tests show that my body is very catabolic which is why I decided to try AS. The Dr thinks that only a samll dose of test will help shift this catabolism and is perscribing only 100mg/week of Test E. Again, I'll wait until March to start this HRT but I'm wondering if anyone here thinks this small dose will help?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, since your body produces around 75 mgs a day or so, 100 mgs really is not a lot for anabolic growth. Your certaintly not going to make tremendous muscle gains on 100mgs of Test-E a week, but then again it should be enough to prevent losing muscle loss. I'm assuming your following a high, clean calorie diet on a good strength training program?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Docs historically prescribe retardedly low doses for HRT I'm on it and I'M not going that low what's the point?

yeah, I have a very clean diet and train hard. I'm hopin got make good progress on my cycle, just curious how anyone else has progressed on HRT type doses. I'll give it a try in the spring and see how it goes I guess.

Either way, even if it only helps me maintain my muscle and not lose it, that's half the battle.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    True it beats shriveling up!

thx for the info - curious to see anyone elses experiences on HRT if they have had a few cycles in the past.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NJou812
    thx for the info - curious to see anyone elses experiences on HRT if they have had a few cycles in the past.
    I am older than you (over 50), but my doc prescibes a lot more than 100 a week. I am currently taking 400 cyp and 200 deca per week. The first cycle he gave me was 200 and 200.

Read on, but I think that I have see some posts around saying that 100 ew just messed people up, just plain not enough and it screws up you own production.

Do a search, I know I have see some posts.

Thx guys....that's pretty much what I figured. The idea is actaully a bit worse, basically he wants to see how I react to an 8 week cycle at 100mg/week. Blood work before and after and then go from there. The idea being that we start small and work our way to a good level, as I'm only 30.

So, at least the guy is concerned with results. That means that we should end up at teh right level sooner or later.

I just want to hold my muscle, maybe even add 2-3lbs. I'll gain 20lbs on a cycle, keep most of it through PCT and 3 months out I still have it. However, 8-12 months later most of my gains have gone, as my body shifts to a catabolic state, regardless of calories and low volume training. I'll guess we'll see.

Thread Information