seanw is offline Banned

About to Start my First Cycle at 49

Hi Guys,

First of all finding the over thirties group is like finding Nervana !! I have read lots of the threads and the info is just so relevent it is amazing. I am about to start my first cycle. I have been working out since I was 18. I currently 49 and am 5'8" at 168. My BF is about 12% I have these love handles that I would kill to get rid of !! My chest is 43" arms 15" and waist 35". I have really been hitting the weights hard for the last four months and I have gained about 5 lbs of lean muscle. I am doing the right thing food wise and getting in about 300 grams of protein a day. As well as 2g Vitamins C, 1 General Multi Vitamin, Calcium and Multi B. I want to gain about 15lbs and lose some of the fat. Even though I have the fat around the middle I can see my external obliques and my abs are there its the handles on the sidea I want to kill as well as get bigger

My first cycle will consist of the following:-

Week Testabol Deca Sustenon /Nolvadex
    (Monday) (Thursday) (Monday)

1 0 250 250

2 0 250 250

3 200 250 0

4 300 250 0

5 300 250 0 1 tab/per day for 4 days

6 300 250 0

7 300 250 0

8 200 250 0

9 200 250 0

10 200 250 0

12 1 tab/per day

13 1 tab/per day

14 1 tab/per day

Please let me know what you think. Also is it OK to inject in the glute standing up or should it be done laying down ?

seanw is offline Banned
    I kind of lost the spacing there !! So week one and two are 250 Sust and 250 Deca , week thre is 200 Test and 250 Deca, week four - seven is 300 Test and 250 deca, week 8 - ten is 200 Test and 250 deca.

In week 5 I take Nolvadex for four days. Also in week 12 - 14 I take 1 tab of Nolvadex everyday which I think is 20 mg

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw

Please let me know what you think. Also is it OK to inject in the glute standing up or should it be done laying down ?
    Standing is fine.

I inject my glute standing up. I lean against the wall or the sink to get the weight off the leg I am injecting and then have at it.

Couldn't figure out how to twist around to do it laying down.

Cycle looks fine according to the rules that I have learned on this board and from my doc. You might want to post it on the steroid forum, if there is a problem, the bros there will let you know right away.

Good luck. The anabolics will help, but ya gotta keep the work going.

PS- the key to getting rid of love handles is cardio. Get rid of them AFTER the cycle. You can't gain mass and lose fat at the same time. It is virtually impossible to balance your calories that exactly. Get big, then do cardio to cut.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Whoa, are you sure you're 12% bodyfat? You should hardly be able to find love handles at that percentage.

I agree with znack that it's really hard to impossible to put on muscle and not gain some fat and from my impression it's more likely with an estrogenic steroid like deca , which is why I've avoided it myself for the two cycles I've done at 50 and 51. What I find especially tough is not gaining fat post cycle when there seems to be an estrogen rebound, or maybe it's just that you suddenly need a lot less cals and it's tough to adjust that properly. I think it's more of an issue as you're older and it's harder to lose fat. I've also found that gear really impinges on my cardio capacity which takes weeks to get over, making cardio less productive and more difficult than previously.

I'd also be sure to pick up a blood pressure monitor and establish a baseline with a few readings before you start a cycle and check it every few days as you go along. And of course stay away from sat fats since gear is hard on your lipid profile. If you can it would help a lot to check your cholesterol level periodically too, especially HDL/LDL. Those should be done at any age but I think it's especially important when you're older.

I also think it might help to try the bigger steroid forum for more responses. Good luck.

artcien is offline Junior Member
    Good luck, keep us updated

SLOW AND EASY is offline New Member
    I'm 49 also and getting in shape to start my first cycle. Good luck and keep us posted.

Peace

dtr98 is offline Member
    47 and on 1st cycle of 4wks dbol 50mg ed, 10 wks deac 175mg 2x wk and 14wks sust 125mg eod, making some gains at week 8.

seanw is offline Banned
    OK bro's so here we go, I just lost my injecting virginity a couple of hours ago. I was shaking like a leaf I was so scared, when it went in I couldnt belive I was watching it and not feeling anything, I litterally did no feet a thing. Feels like a very small bruse now though but hardly noticable.

I ****ed up though I wast supposed to inject Deca and Sust but I did Test and Sust by mistake, guess I will never make a nurse, so I had to go back and inject the Deca in the other cheek.

So here we go, I will keep you updated on my progress.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Personally, I have found quads much easier to hit. You can do it sitting on the john, and there are a number of different muscle groups that you can easily see.

At our age (47) I think that when you gain a bunch of fat during bulking it is VERY difficult to lose it later. So, I am still doing cardio, and am restricting calories a bit. I would rather sacrifice some of my gains, and stay leaner.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I Like to hit the quad, standing up with leg to be injected propped up on the tolet!

Rocket

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    I'm 47 and find during my cycles i gain very little fat but my lean muscle gain is usually only 5 to 10 lbs. I do so by just watching my diet. Maybe i'm one of the luckyones, but of course i do have troubles gaining weight at the best of times.
    presently 5'5" 175 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan
    I'm 47 and find during my cycles i gain very little fat but my lean muscle gain is usually only 5 to 10 lbs. I do so by just watching my diet. Maybe i'm one of the luckyones, but of course i do have troubles gaining weight at the best of times.
    presently 5'5" 175 lbs
    I am a tad older and my results are about the same... I don't put on fat and gain about 5-10 pounds a cycle. I am 6'1" and now 210 lbs. Started this cycle five weeks ago at 205.

My strength has gone ape-sh*t though. I benched 286 (130 kg) ten times today thinking that it was only 264 (120kg)... Shoot, I got a personal best and didn't even have to jack myself up for it. My trainer's eyeball almost popped out of his head... he slipped the extra weight on to just try to motivate me and give me the "yeah, see you can do it" type pep talk and boom... ten times. First time I ever saw him speechless.

TRT for ever!

seanw is offline Banned
    Hey dude, awsome result man, what does your cycle consist of ?
    Last edited by seanw; 09-08-2004 at 04:03 AM. Reason: wrong name

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Hey dude, awsome result man, what does your cycle consist of ?
    400 test cyp ew
    200 deca ew
    B-12 1000 mg e5d

Fricking rocks for old people. Did another personal best today on squat 150 kg (330 lbs) for 4 sets of ten. Six weeks ago, I would not have even put that on the bar. Shee-it, I am over fifty, this really rocks.

The crazy thing is that the dosage just puts me in the low "normal" range for total test. I can see how 20-30 year olds could really like this stuff!

seanw is offline Banned
    OK Bro's time for an update. I just started my fifth week today. I changed my doses a little and I am now do 400 Test C and 300 Deca per week and 10mg of Nolva ED. I feel farking fantastic. I have only put on about 6lbs so far but everybody is noticing the changes, I am constantly being asked "are you working out" God I love this sh!t and I think the test hasnt even started kicking in yet. My strength is going through the roof as well. I benched 233lbs today that has increased over fourty pounds since I started. My recovery time is only a day or two as well. I havnt had any sides so far which is good news but still early days. I havnt noticed any rampant sexual urges but I was never lacking there anyway so no biggie. My bf is 16% . Why didnt I try this stuff fifteen years ago. I my original post I said I was 12% bf but the machine I used was wrong. I did it today and it is 16%

My goal is to put on at least another 10 to 15lb of muscle and eventually get to 10% bf. The hardest thing has been the extra eating, I spend my whole life thinking about food and working out. I think I am dooing about 3500 calories a day and about 300g of protein. The diet is clean as well, I am almost fantatical now about what I put in my mouth. So I guess the proof in the pudding will come in the next two to three weeks. I really want to get to at least 178lbs in this cycle. I have gone from 164 to 170 so far. My workouts are way more intense than ever before as well, I really want to get the most out of the gear and I am really pushing hard to get there. Anyway I will report back in a couple of weeks.

By the way I am also doing 4 G Vitamin C, 200mg B6, 2 Complex B, 2 Mega Men Multi, and 1300mg of Calcium per day.
    Last edited by seanw; 10-05-2004 at 06:10 AM.

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    Sound great bro! Keep up the good work and keep growing! Good luck

Thread Information