Thread: Please Read !!

SLOW AND EASY is offline New Member

Parents Please Read !!

This post is not to solicit sympathy or anything for me, but to deliver a message to parents on this board.

I am posting this in this forum since most have kids or will in the future.

I just buried my 18 year old son today. He was my best friend and a large part of my life. He and I spent many hours on the baseball field and batting cages. It was a passion for him, all his hard work and dedication landed him a scholarship at a small NAIA school. I was so proud of him for his accomplishments and the time we spent together. I'm thankful that we were friends and for the time we spent together (Cancun partying, Costa Rica surfing and baseball fields across the southeast). I'm starting to ramble now, but my message is to everyone on the board with kids.

Tell your children that you love them and are proud of them every day. Find something to praise them on even when they screwup or you are arguing.
    Your time with them is not garranted and they can be taken at any time with out warning and they need to know That you love and care about them on a daily basis. You should be ashamed to tell your child reguardless of age that you are too tired or don't have time to spent with them. This time spent with them is a priceless gift and will reap great rewards in the long run.

This philosophy has cost me nothing but time and has gained me a greater understanding of my kids and a closeness that will last forever especially for my oldest who was taken from me.

PEACE
    Last edited by SLOW AND EASY; 10-02-2004 at 11:22 AM. Reason: not clear in title

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    There are no words I can give to express my feelings for your loss. I lost my husband, he was 36 and I can't even imagine how difficult this is for you. Losing a child is unimaginable to me. I wish you peace and the strength for understanding.

General Patton is offline Junior Member
    I'm so sorry for him and you. I'll pray for ya man. I lost one of my best friends in a car accident and the sadest thing I think I've ever seen was seeing his Mother put a rose on his casket. I have a 7 month old little girl. Our first child! I love her dearly and I'll do my best to follow in your footsteps in being a great father! Hang in there, time heals and all things are for a reason, though it is sometimes very hard to see. God bless you and your family in this hard time. I'm sure your son is in a better place.

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    Thank you for sharing your pain and victory with us. I have four children myself and know you are going through a tough time. God gives us our children as a gift and it sounds like you cherished and valued the gift He gave you. Giving that gift back is very dificult. May the God that created the universe meet you and comfort you in your pain. There are no words we can speak that will comfort you. I am sorry for yours and your family's loss.
    Bless you.
    Last edited by bigjohnr; 10-03-2004 at 03:20 PM.

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    May god bless your heart. You sound like a person who is very strong and very wise. I know this is an unbelievably difficult time for you but stay strong and stay with the lord. Even though it may not seem like it right now.... he is with you and your family. I wish you the best. My wife is standing here next to me, and we both send you our prayers.
    Best of luck and stay strong.

seanw is offline Banned
    Man I am truely sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter to cancer when she was just three and a half years old. I can truely say "I know what you are going through". I am thinking of you man !!!

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I have two daughters both grown and on there own. I hug them and tell them I love them every chance I get. Soory for your loss!

Rocket

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I have two kids myself and although they did not live with me but only had summer visits I told them everyday I loved them . Today I still tell them everytime we talk. Peace be with you.

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member
    God bless you and may continue to give u the strenght you have and the wisdon to know that all under God's will has an explanation that only Him can make us understand one day! I am sorry to hear about your loss! I have an 11 mo old little girl and I am beggining to be a parent but your words have give me great advise on how to be a better one every day! God bless u once again and forever!

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I cannot imagine how you must feel bro, but I will surely accept the heart felt advise you have passed on to us all.
    You are in my prayers.

MJ

SLOW AND EASY is offline New Member
    I've just logged in and finally have the desire to look at the boards again.

I can't tell you how much your kind words and heart felt compassion has meant to me through out this ordeal. I can never replace my son but I can tell you that he is here with me as I type this. My life was turned upside down for a while but I must keep on for the son I have left who is 15 and needs me as much as I need him.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers as they are keeping us uplifted

PEACE

skiing is offline Associate Member
    Im 30 with no kids I met my dad when I was 21 never knew who he was long story. He is the most important thing in my life. He has never given up on me no matter what. He saved me from the life I was living. I love him. He has been sick lately and I call him at least 2 times per week to let him know i Love him. I never would have Known what love we could share if it was not for god giving me this blessing. I know my time with my dad will be short but I think the lord for letting me know him. I know now how you feel and I know god will bless you hopefully with a contentment only he can give. Sorry to get so religious its hard. what you wrote really hit me. Ski a great winter.

It truly is a loss that I can not yet associate with, and I pray to God that I never have to burry one of my children, but Always keep him in your heart and ALWAYS remember that you will be with him again someday...on that baseball field and in that batting cage. My prayers are with you!

Thread Information