woodiechopper is offline Associate Member

Cycle for Over 40 Athlete

what would be a good cycle for someone who is over 40 and needs strength, aerobic and anaerobic capacity? Some of the AS seem to reduce your endurance and stamina while others increase it.

I'm thinking that EQ and test are natural choices. I was thinking about Winny for endurance but do the joint pains, etc. outweigh this? Deca I guess is good for joints.

Fina seems to be recommended for lean strength but I get that sense that it hurts my aerobic capacity.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    remember,
    this are only my personal experiences, i cant vouch for how you will react.

eq and test(prop, enan) ARE natural choices, especially for lean mass, and endurance. winny is a good choice too, but run it towards or at the end of your cycle.
    i'd steer clear of the other orals(anadrol , dbol ) for now, as they add a great amount of water weight, and this will affect endurance directly. same goes for the deca ........

peace I4L

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

Cycle at 41

iron 4 life made a good point that everyone reacts differently. I too, can only speak from my own experience.

I am 41, a former athlete and like to run long distances and workout regularly. The cycles that have been good (and bad) for me are as follows:

1. Deca and anavar -This makes the joints feel good (deca) and supposedly increases red blood cell count which helps with running and cardiovascular capacity. Anavar is also good for strength. I am not on this cycle right now and my own running (and other cardio activities) performance has decreased since I stopped the cycle. I only stopped the cycle cause I ran out of the stuff.

2. anavar alone-same as above except the joints feel less "lubricated"

3. Primobolan depot alone-My cardio performance improved on this cycle as well.

Cycles/drugs that were bad for me as far as cardio performance, endurance, etc:

1. Winstrol -My joints ached bad. I was really surprised by the severity of the joint pains while on this drug. And I have heard the risk of injury jumps up while on this drug.

2. Any kind of test-This is a great strength drug but I gain excessive weight and that hurts my cardio performance.

First off have you cycled before???

How long have you been actively hittin the weights?

It seems as though your looking for everything at once! What is the Primary goal?

Are you lean now? Looking to stay lean? Want to add mass or just strength?

Lotsa options out there......Good input will give good input back to you!

all good points. Yes, this would be cycle number 4. I lifted a lot when I was younger and have been hitting them pretty solidly for the past 3-4 years. I started at 182lbs a few years ago and am now at 225lbs with body fat (according to my anti-ageing doc) of 4.6% (I think it's higher but he has a special machine that has electrodes all over and in theory it figures it out). But anyway, body fat somewhere between 5 and 10%.

I'd like to add another 10-20lbs while staying lean and without sacrificing endurance.

Thanks for any advice.

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    wow.. 225 lbs and less than 10% body fat.. you are doing well for us old guys. And speaking from experience as well, I find that test is good enough for what we need, unless you really want to do a bulking cycle then add deca for the joints. I have tried other stuff, and just not had as good results as test and deca. I get pretty cut on test alone.

just got lucky with the genetics of body composition, I guess. It also helps to play ice hockey 3-4x per week.

Well then....

I am currently 220 and 40 years young. 6 ft 1 in
    I would agree with Test and Eq. I too would stay away from orals. How about 2iu's of HGH 5 times a week???
    I have used Tren and love it but it will hit ya hard. I seem to like the Eq better then the Deca but that is just me.
    Again these are my experiences and opinions only.
    But, if a "friend" of mine were to go on I would tell him to go with the Test,Eq, (Tren) if appropriate and 2-3iu's of HGH 5 days a week.

I've been doing the 2-3iUs of HGH for more than a year now and I can never tell whether it's doing anything. Opinion seems to be mixed on its effectiveness, no?

I know! From all the research and doctors I've talked to it seems as this is the optimal dose. Who knows? From what your saying about your stats and BF% it probably is working. I know I "feel" juice more than HGH. I do feel better when I use it then when I don't. My joints definately feel better.

Another in a long line of opinions............

scaryfast is offline New Member
    I am a Masters (35+) athlete and I've just finished a 8 wk Test Cypionate cycle of 200-250mg 1xwk. I train 14+ hrs cardio per wk so I did not see much wieght gain but stamina and endurance are on another level. I've raccd for many years naturally and now I'm more fit than ever before and my power wieght ratio is scary...

scaryfast

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I am simply doing a prescribed 100MG week of test. It is nothing like my earlier days, but I still feel like I am 20 again. I am now 37 years old and hanging in there.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodiechopper View Post
    I've been doing the 2-3iUs of HGH for more than a year now and I can never tell whether it's doing anything. Opinion seems to be mixed on its effectiveness, no?
    try some insulin PWO with shake, but read up on this first so you dont screw up.

2bshredded is offline Member
    Close to three years old, don't think any of the original posters are going to respond.....but you never know....lol

znak is offline Senior Member
    I am well over 50 and am probably faily typical for this board- high school quarter back, played college basketball, went into the real world, make a bunch of money, a kid and woke up skinny with a pot belly (!) I am now 6'1"/210 with about 10% bf.

I think the best cycle for someone my age is anavar and hgh. You add a little muscle, no water retention, adds tons of strength, low, low risk, safe and sane cycle.

stitch1967 is offline Member
    znak - don't you do a HRT dose of test with that cycle.

I've done two cycle of anavar and agree it's great. but on the first i ran it alone and left the suppression of my test levels. the 2nd I ran it with 300mg of sust/wk and felt a world of difference.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stitch1967 View Post
    znak - don't you do a HRT dose of test with that cycle.

I've done two cycle of anavar and agree it's great. but on the first i ran it alone and left the suppression of my test levels. the 2nd I ran it with 300mg of sust/wk and felt a world of difference.
    Yes, I run 400 mg/ew, but have run it alone.

Thread Information