Milestone is offline Junior Member

Over the hill cycle

Hi gentlemen , this is my first post on this website and look forward to get some good advice from you if I may.
    Im now 41 years and been training 4 years and have run 2 cycles prior without much success , reason poor diet wrong , training , anabolics you name it ,all the mistakes beginners make!!!! anyway thats why Im asking now for some advice .

I have Anavar test prop and Eq left over from last cycle and would like to try and use this on my next cycle , I was thinking along the lines of quality mass gain ( nothing serious)

Anavar 1-8 weeks at 50mg day
    Test Prop 1-7 weeks at 50mg EOD
    Eq 1-6 200mg week

I have opted for low doses on the Test as I know from past experience I will loose whats left of my hair , even when on Proscar/ Nizrol etc etc

I would appreciate your comments on this taking age health riskes etc ., Im not after a big gain just minimal quality mass.

thanks for your time.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I'm not being a smartass. You need to up it to see anything. How much hair ar we talking about hanging onto? Something somewhat plush or a bit of I wish I still had hair......hair?

okay I see you don't want to answer so I will give you my opinion. If you are gonna be bald in a few more years, let it go, come to terms with it. You need to rund both test and eq @ 500 mg IMO and the cycle is rather short. Once you get to feeling like its kicking in you will stop your cycle.

As far as risks I am 39 and on hrt , not sure of your natty levels but we are less likey to have bad side than the younger guys IMO. I hope that was somewhat helpful.

Thanks for the advice the hair issue is the later and as I age the less I worry but would like to keep what I have!!anyway in what way do you say bump it up abit , ?? I can go up with the Test as have plenty Eq a bit of problem but to get more than 200mg for 6weeks and the anavar can get more if needed.

thanks again

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

cycle

My opinion is a little different. I think you will be fine with the cycle you are mentioning.

I am also 41. I have been doing cycles off and on (mostly off) since 1984.

Based on what you have (anavar , prop, and eq) I would think you'll make plenty of good, lean gains. The key things are diet, workouts, rest, etc. all the stuff you hear about all the time.

The best cycles I have ever done are when I start the cycle in peak physical condition. Then the steroids make me go far past that peak.

Have you considered hiring a trainer while on your cycle ? Someone to really push you ?

As for the hairloss, I also have that problem. Steroids that seem easier on the hairline for me are generally anavar and deca .

Good Luck

dogsofwar is offline Member
    Well, the problem is, EQ doesn't show its true effectiveness
    until about week 10. I wouldn't incorporate it if you can run
    it at least 10 weeks. Also, you can run the var throughout
    the whole cycle. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. ~dow

I would say increase the eq to 500 mg a week it seems to be the majic number for that compound for almost everyone.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    there are a bunch of things wrong here.........

while i take your age into consideration(i'm 43), this cycle is NOT going to be as effective as you want it to be. alot of whats been said above is very true.

1st) the doses are too low. run the prop at 100mg ed or at least eod. you have a 3 day window with this drug, and eod is the best you can stretch it and still be effective. eq needs to be run at least 400mg/week. i wouldnt go any lower.

2nd) it will take a while for the eq to kick in. its usually around weeks 4-6 for me. so if you run it for 6 weeks, it will just be starting to work when you stop it. the prop will kick in almost immediately, so while this combo is a good one, you have to run it a good distance to see the effectiveness of both drugs.

there is very little water retention with the above mentioned drugs, so lean mass is a distinct advantage to this particular cycle. make sure your diet is spot on BEFORE you start, and get yourself a decent anti-e(letro, arimidex , etc.) in case you need it. if youve run 2 cycles before this one, you should know already if you need anti-e's and at what dosages.

remember, run the prop and the anavar PAST the eq, and time them so they taper out at the same time. this will aid you greatly when the cycle is over, and you get into recovery time. have your pct lined up as well............

good luck, and enjoy the ride.

peace I4L

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I also have a different opinion here. Too me you should not evan do anything untill you get your training on a solid roll. People expect miracles when only working out here and there and at our age (40+) you need to workout smarter. Diet and post nutrition is left by the wayside for the majority of ordinary people. Since you mention you are only looking for minimal solid gains then training/diet/hard work is all you may need. Yes, it may take a bit longer but well worth it in the long run,plus you keep your hair too. Have your test levels checked and if they are low then perhaps consider a HRT maintenance dose that is a Rx. I am 46 and have been on only one major cycle last summer of test p/tren /d-bol/winny. And I mainly tried it to see how my body reacted not for much muscle mass as I kept my kcals somewhat low. I also plan on being a full-time PT in the near future and believed it will only help my understanding of aas use as I may meet clients who have questions. However, I am currently on HRT & rHGH for anti-aging benefits and some medical health issues that I am dealing with and hoping the HGH may offer help. Quality muscle takes time to mature not something that happens in 3 months. If you want 15-20lbs in 3 months then loose 15lbs then go with your planned cycle or another that was given(not all will loose tho) or try to gain 10-12lbs in one year and keep both your hair and work ethic intact.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I also have a different opinion here. Too me you should not evan do anything untill you get your training on a solid roll. People expect miracles when only working out here and there and at our age (40+) you need to workout smarter. Diet and post nutrition is left by the wayside for the majority of ordinary people. Since you mention you are only looking for minimal solid gains then training/diet/hard work is all you may need. Yes, it may take a bit longer but well worth it in the long run,plus you keep your hair too. Have your test levels checked and if they are low then perhaps consider a HRT maintenance dose that is a Rx. I am 46 and have been on only one major cycle last summer of test p/tren/d-bol/winny. And I mainly tried it to see how my body reacted not for much muscle mass as I kept my kcals somewhat low. I also plan on being a full-time PT in the near future and believed it will only help my understanding of aas use as I may meet clients who have questions. However, I am currently on HRT & rHGH for anti-aging benefits and some medical health issues that I am dealing with and hoping the HGH may offer help. Quality muscle takes time to mature not something that happens in 3 months. If you want 15-20lbs in 3 months then loose 15lbs then go with your planned cycle or another that was given(not all will loose tho) or try to gain 10-12lbs in one year and keep both your hair and work ethic intact.

i agree with this philosophy 100%.................if all youre after is minimal gains, then definitely go the natural route 1st.

my offerings above were based on you having a solid training base, and a somewhat decent and strategic diet plan already layed out.

if indeed you have all of this under control already, then proceed accordingly, but as always the ultimate decision is yours brother.

peace I4L

Appreciate the advice

Thanks Guys and sorry for the delays in replying as Computor went down on me anyway I really appreciate the effort in getting it clear to me and see your points and points taken , and thank you , I will try and run the cycle and get more Eq which is my biggest problem as for now as I havent enough of it so will have to think of whats best here to drop it completely or just get somemore before cycle ??

I have some Dbol on hand also would this be good to put into this cycle anywhere maybe to replace the Eq ?? and if so when and how I have 100 Tabs, I can run the prop higher as well and will keep the Anvar going through the whole cycle ,

Blue thunder your right 100% on getting my diet and training right I feel Im on the right track with it now and its been a long learning curve and appreciate the advise and do feel this is the most important thing here as well,I didnt have any idea on my last cycle and I just turned into a fat ball so I hope to get it right this time and feel the cycle kick is what I want to kick start me and bring me to a stage where I can mantain it , which is what I can do very well with , gaining is a mission for me I must say and I work hard at it.

Im getting my blood count check this week so will also have a better picture of my chemistry I feel Im a bit low on the free Test anyway so maybe HRT will be the way in the end , Ill let you know what happens there

Ironforlife wrote
    get yourself a decent anti-e(letro, arimidex , etc.) in case you need it. if youve run 2 cycles before this one, you should know already if you need anti-e's and at what dosages.

I was on Nolv at 20mg every through my last cycle and PCT of Prop and this seems to work fine but I think I stppoed it to short as once finished my Estrogen levels went through the roof and I became fat overnight this was the only side effect I seem to have, maybe I should run it longer or stronger I havent the funds to get letro, arimidex, etc , would appreciate your advise here also.

Ok Guys look forward to your replies and once again thanks for this site and helpful members !! Thank you

Thread Information