Thread: Great info

AAJB is offline New Member

Great info

I have found some great info here, I was very happy to find this HRT forum.
    I have been on HRT a little over a year, and have had a lot of unanswered questions. I think most of my questions have been answered now from reading the threads here. Just wanted to say thanks.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome .

Three years ago I weighed in at 265, mostly fat! Lost a lot of weight real quick, 69lbs in six month, and then continued to lose fat until I stopped at 96lbs lost. I felt great, but soon started having some problems. Couldn't seem to gain muscle, lost all sex drive, and had no energy. I was really hung up on jogging, and it got to the point that I didn't have enough energy to do it any more. I know overtraining was part of my problem, but I have never really got any answers from my doc why my test production shut down. Anyone have any simular thing happen to them?

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    No, but what you describe is sounds like a reasonable explanation in itself. Dropping that much weight could affect your endocrine system (perhaps the body thought of itself as experiencing famine) -- anorexic and very low body fat women stop menstruating. Also, all that jogging is not good for building muscle. Finally, it may be that your expectations are greater. Before you probably weren't doing that much so there wasn't much use of energy; now you're highly active and may be more tired.

Do you know that your test production actually reduced from before and after? Maybe low test was part of the original problem?

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    let me say this........

while i'm not on hrt(yet), i have found this particular forum to be the most informative, and civilized forum that we have here. there are some great guys in here, and theyre willing to answer just about anything for you.
    i try to come in here when i can to help out, but my time is limited, and these guys do a great job anyways. youre in VERY good hands here. props to all who spend their time here, and keep this forum moving..........

peace I4L

Never had my test levels tested when I was overweight. But when I started having problems my level was at 222, after a month of androgel it went down to 200. After I got on Test, my life went back to normal. I also quit running so much, and started gaining some muscle back. Only major problem I have now is that prescrip is too dang high. My insurance company sucks, it's costing me 118.00 every five weeks to stay at maintence level. Going to have my Estrogen levels checked March 1st. Doc doesn't have me on anything for that. I have Nolva on hand.
    Only side effects I have noticed is a flush every once in a while on my face and neck. Have this real warm feeling and my face gets a little red, like a hot flash. High E levels? Or the test?
    Overall HRT is great, I can lead a normal life again, and gain some muscle!

Thread Information