BrassBolt is offline New Member

Question 47 & problem thyroid ??

Okay lets see if we have some people here that knows something about this . I found out about 3 yrs ago my thyroid was pretty screwed up . Was always tired loss appeitte , no sex drive . Found out that thyroid was very very low . Doc put me on Synthroid 0.1 . Was doing great till a few wks ago didn't catch it early but did . My blood tests came back really bad Cholesterol was at 7.59 should be no higher than 5.50 , HDL Cholesterol .47 should be .90 . LDL calculated 6.48 no higher than 3.40 . TSH 56.26 no higher than 6.00 . free T4 5.9 o lower than 8.0 . Every thing else in my blood work was fine somethings where high but that's beause of my dose amounts . I will not tell about my amounts some will disagree .

The question I'm asking is there any other BB with this problem ? I upped my meds with Doc approval feeling much better since doing it . Just got new blood work done today . Will know reults this wk . If there are how did you gain weight with this problem ?? Have gained 28 Ibs in the last 21 wks on this cycle . I 'm on a bulking cycle Prop , Tren , Deca , starting EQ this wk dumpimg deca . Might do HGH in April . Running HCG right now for a month since I have been on such a long time . Waking up the boys you might say hehehehe . Thanks for the help in advance . Hope I haven't missed anything if I have please ask .

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Those are some nasty numbers.. Personally, I would stop your cycle untill your values become more normal. Overactive thyroid is going to make you crash big time after the cycle. Maybe your thyroid was beginning to act up anyways do to your age and the aas accellerated it. Does your doc know about your using aas? Upping Rx meds and the doc left in the dark is foolish at best..

Doc knows about the juice & about the amounts I'm taking . I've had this problem before my cycles , thought we had it under control . Just went for new blood test yesterday will find out this week . It was the doc that upped my meds not me . I don't do anything like that with out doc . I might be young at heart but not an idiot . lol lol lol But thanks for the concern . I believe I did say we in my first thread which was us doc & me .

I'm a late bloomer as far as cycles go . Didn't start till over 40 as I said . Since I have upped my meds I feel much better . Will not go off cycle , only will go off it becomes life threating . There is no after cycle in my books . I will never go off test I will just do less amounts . Its good to be on a small amount any ways I'm over 40 yrs & it makes me feel great . There is no harm in that aspect . Did my home work on that a long time ago . Have bro's that have been on it longer than me & older they are doing just fine .

Is there no one else that has a thyroid problem ???
    Last edited by BrassBolt; 03-06-2005 at 05:05 PM.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Maybe not many who are over 40 and on gear all the time, I'd guess.

oh well it was worth a shot ,found a few threads from Mallet that helped me out anyways . He is a very informed guy on the thyroid .

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I'm not too keen on Mallet's proposals from what I've read. Like measuring basal temp and taking iodine. Here's a good page that deals with the same issues -with footnotes...

http://www.womenandinfants.com/body....chunkiid=38740

"Many healthy men have normal basal body temperatures below 97.5 as well. Since symptoms consistent with hypothyroidism (e.g., fatigue, depression, weight gain) occur in a great many people, this approach is guaranteed to recommend that enormous numbers of people take thyroid supplements.

Furthermore, the basal body temperature method was developed in the days before TSH levels could be measured.... However, now that the TSH test has become available, the situation has changed. TSH measurements indicate the body’s own determination of its thyroid hormone level. It is difficult to justify ignoring the body’s own opinion in favor of an arbitrary reading on a thermometer."

"...supplementation with iodine will not help the thyroid gland except in people who are iodine deficient. In fact, in Japan, excessive use of seaweed (such as kelp or bladderwrack) is a fairly common cause of hypothyroidism."

Thread Information