ProtienShak3 is offline Junior Member

just turned 31 !! whats happening to me!!!??? lol

Good day people ,
    So i have just turned 31 as of a few weeks ago and something ive been noticing lately is the way i deal with stress.

Never much used to effect me however i work an extremely stressful job and it does seem to bother me theese days as i am aging.

I finally got my lazy ass back to the gym 5 months ago to try and get back in shape after my size 36" pants no longer fit anymore. I had grown my first ever pot belly and i just couldnt take it anylonger!!!

I typically work 60+ hours a week and it was hell getting back into the gym i was so emotionally and physcially exhausted after work i just went home and sat on the couch everynight... keep in mind my job involves 0 physical labor.

Anyway i knew i was unhealthy so i forced my self to do it... in 5 months i have made great progress i went from 6' 217 38" waist and horrible diet full of pop candy and fast foods and am now 215 with a proper diet, and have made huge gains in muscle size strength and fat loss my 36" pants are now comfortable if not a little loose and my 44 inch suits are way too tight around the chest to wear anylonger (i riped one lol , felt like the hulk ripping outta his clothes)

any way so i was curious how some of you guys as you aged from your late 20's to 30's and beyond how do you deal with things thet never used to effect you when you were younger!!??

Sometimes the stress sits upon my shoulders like its a ton of bricks what do you guys do to deal? any supplements to take or something?

MAn i used to be able to eat anything and everything in sight and never gain a pound of fat or muscle.

i lifted seriously from 15-20ish and i had to eat my self sick to gain weight now in 5 months i am putting on the muscle with ease i went from 217 to 200 in about 2 months and im back up to 215 after about 5months total and lookin really solid i never gained muscle this easily when i was young !! WHATS HAPPENING TO ME!!!???

LOL any help understanding these things would be greatly appreciated from those of you that have gone through similar experiences thanks
    Last edited by ProtienShak3; 04-17-2006 at 02:53 AM.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    thats cool, maybe ur on a really good diet then, but anyway be happy, and get a massage now n then just to relax n forget about work

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    What do you do for a living that causes so much stress ?

ProtienShak3 is offline Junior Member
    im in finance responsible for loads of money and what not.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    In my 30's I saw my lifting maxs move well past what I could do in my 20's. Part of it was more focus and an approach that a responsible midset brings. I find that if you are deligent and successful in your work life, you will bring those same skill sets to lifting.

As far as stress, I hear you loud and clear. I feel the same way. Of course stress is all a mental state and that is where you handle it. In my opinion, the only true supplement for stress relief is alcohol! But to really manage it, you have to channel it in your mind. This takes a concerted effort to let go and find time away frm the bull shit that work brings on. I also focus my stress into energy in the gym. Take that stress, get pissed and then go for a new max. In this way, I can improve my body and leave my feelings of choking the shit out of some dumb asses out of work! A perfect match!

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    If you notice your skin becomes more elastic when you get older. I also find it much easier to gain weight now than when I was in college. I am 36 and enjoying lifting now more than ever. If you look at the pros, most of them are older as it seems to be easier to get that ripped look in your 30's with more elastic skin than when in your 20's.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Hi,

I use to have a business and a full time job and thats what I used to do too, sit on the couch and watch tv for whatever time is left and I ended up getting high blood pressure. So I had a choice get off my arse and start working out or start taking pills. I took the first option its been 6 months My waist stop growing and I cant fit into "xl" size anymore cause of the wide shoulders and felling better then ever and stress went away as soon as I start working out and sold my business.
    Khan a.k.a General MO

nalbano34 is offline Member
    I agree that weight is a lot easier to come by these days ( i am 35 by the way).

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nalbano34
    I agree that weight is a lot easier to come by these days ( i am 35 by the way).
    Doesn't mean that it is "good" weight. You store fat easier as well

Thread Information