Equiguns is offline Associate Member

Doctors in Here?

I need a favor from an MD. I am graduating college and needed a letter from an MD for something. If there are any cool MD's please message me. Thanks

DoctaBig is offline Member
    pharm.D work????

Nope, I wish it did! My fiances parents are both pharm D's. You gotta have some good MD friends, eh? I pretty much need an MD to right a note stating I was "sick on so and so date". I failed a class and the dean will remove the 'F' if I give them a docotrs note. SO, out of intelligence I told him right away that my doctor "might" have moved out of town or still be in town...so now all I need is any MD that is willing to help a friend out. I am applying to med school next year and need these two grades dropped. And FYI, I was actually sick, just never went to a doctor otherwise I wouldn't have been in this position.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    What the heck? Do you really think a respected MD who has never met you lie??

Not lying...all they have to do is agree I was sick...which I was...that way I have an MD agreeing I was sick at that particular date. I have had doctors do this before, once for me and for a few buddies. The only problem is the doctor who helped me out has moved and I can't locate her. You would be surprised as how understanding and intelligent a doctor is...I would assume a stupid doctor to think I just want them to lie...not that you are unintelligent...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Not lying but they are agreeing you are sick on a certain date. Wouldn't they have had to examine you on that date to not be lying?

darmadoc is offline Member
    You must have been awfully sick for it to have made you get an F. No disrespect, but what makes you think you belong in med school with two F's on your transcript.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    This whole story stinks IMO. Anyone who is in or has been in the college game and knows how it works can smell the BS from a mile a way.

What you're asking us to believe is that a single sick day day caused you to get an F (which implies it would have to be on the day of a final exam, major paper, thesis or term project) and you were actually sick on this day but just didn't bother to go to the doc all the while knowing that you would need a note from an MD to avoid getting an F? But you just didn't bother to do so? And then you cooked up some cockamamie lie for the dean that you think you're doctor moved. Ya, I'm not buying this story as it stands now.

Besides, you can easily get into med school with 2 F's on your transcripts if they are isolated incidents in non prereq courses and the rest of your application is up to par.

No, not at all...I think you might be assuming things...I was not sick for a single day, it was for a week, some sort of bacterial infection. I became lethargic, rashes all over my body for the whole week, ichy, and generally sick as hell. I had everything under the sun except a tempurature otherwise I would have likely had to go to the hospital. There was some sort of infection or virus I would think. I do not have insurance and just can't afford those bills, especially blood tests, which they would have done. It would have set me back too much. I had a friend who was a doctor who had helped me out before but was gone and their new number was not working, nor could I track them down on the internet or by phone. The week I was sick I missed three classes, just because I literally could not get myself out of bed, and the class was in the afternoon. I would wake up and lay in bed for the whole day because something was messed up. So that explains it a little better. My dean was actually very understanding since I had called the school during that week and explained what happened. So since I had fallen back so much in work (it was a graduate class) I ended up barely failing. The dean told me to just get a letter from my doctor and bring it in and it is erased. Just to let you know they don't do that for anyone, I am not a bull ****ter and the dean was helping me out. The only way to have a class erased is to contact the dean DURING the sickness to let him know this is going to happen. So no offense but I would rather have gone to class and taken my exam and got a 50 and still passed the class instead of calling the dean up and giving him a "cockamamie" lie?
    By the way having F's does not mean you won't get into medical school? No offense but that is a pretty single sided remark. If anything most intelligent people know that you can make mistakes, and that everyone does, and you can stil succeed. My graduating GPA is a 3.48 WITH the F's. Once those are removed it will boost my GPA even higher.

Thread Information