ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member

How many of us are grandparents?

I'm just curious....I'm 44 years old and around Oct. 5 I should become a grandparent for the first time. I'm very excited about this. So how many of you are grandparents and how has it changed your life?

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: How many of us are grandparents?

Originally posted by ironmike7000
    I'm just curious....I'm 44 years old and around Oct. 5 I should become a grandparent for the first time. I'm very excited about this. So how many of you are grandparents and how has it changed your life?
    Not me, but its one of the regrets of my life I am not a parent and then a grandparent.

Congrats on the great news Mike, that is wonderful news bro.

Thanks Canes! My wife and I are both looking forward to having a grandchild.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks Canes! My wife and I are both looking forward to having a grandchild.
    Wow IM.....Thats pretty awesome bro!
    I'll bet he/she will have the biggest Grand Daddy around!

MJ

Mighty Joe....I'm not so sure about being the biggest Grand daddy around but I'll definately be one of the proudest!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Mighty Joe....I'm not so sure about being the biggest Grand daddy around but I'll definately be one of the proudest!
    Well you'll have a big chest to puff out when the baby is around thanks to the lifting

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    No grandparent here. But I do have a wonderful 10 year old little girl

BigGunz....I'm not really a champagne drinker so I'll probably have a few Bud Lights instead! The baby is due in October so I won't be dieting anymore so it'll be time to put a few pounds back on. By the way my wife and I think your Great nephew is mighty handsome!

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Well I'm not a Grand pa, but I will be a proud father come the end of June early July. Just before my 39th b-day. Hopefully I won't be a grand parent for at least 20 years.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    deleted
    Last edited by androplex; 04-21-2002 at 07:14 PM.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I am 40 years old and not even married yet--so childern and grandchildren are way down the road--if they are there at all.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    married with two kids - the oldest is 10 this year so i got some time to wait till anyone calls me granpa!

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    My kids are both May babies, about to become 19 and 17. Today is my 48th birthday and most of my clients think I'm in my 30's. It's because my kids (and my clients) all keep me young. I have no doubt that my future grandchildren will, too. Congrats to you. I wish you eternal youth.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Mrs. T...Thank you for the congrats, its appreciated very much. Also I want to say....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    No granparent here. My kids are still to young to have children. But maybe one day.
    Tobey

Prot is offline Banned

two grandsons

3 and 5 and I take them to the gym...where they are in childcare..but they love to talk about exercise.

dyno45 is offline Junior Member
    O.K. since no one else will admit it (except ironmike), I will. I am a grandparent and another one on the way in December. Technically they are my step children, but being brought up in a home of a combined family we never used the term "step" and I continue to do the same with my wife and kids. I have 5 kids and 4 of them are my wife's from another marriage but I always have and will call them "my kids".
    Congrats ironmike, it's a great feeling to see your kids raise their children and have the opportunity to teach your grand kids the trials and tribulations of life. You'll enjoy it more than you'll know. Be ready for the late night phone calls when the grand kids get sick and the new parent is clueless on the obvious (to you) remidies to make the child feel better. Good luck and have fun with it.

Thanks dyno45....My daughter is due in October and my wife and I are really looking forward to being grandparents for the first time. We'll be ready for any late night phone calls too. I also would like to command you for raising your wifes 4 kids as you would your own. That takes a special kind of person to do that.

45factor is offline New Member
    Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy?

They suck it out of their grandparents.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Im a grandparent got seven here in the uk and two i have yet to meet personaly that were born and live in australia,congrats Ironmike be proud and dont forget to save extra for the christmas list lol

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thank God not yet. Oldest is 17. I hope I still have a few years. The more the better. Youngest is 5 so it will be quite a while yet.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My grandson is going to be 3 in November .
    People believe me to be his father even though I'm 47 .
    Deadbeat dad seems to rob me of my chances to spoil as much as I would like .

Whitecollar10 is offline Junior Member
    No grandkids yet. But my wife & I have the "his, hers & ours" family of kids. They range from 30 down to 5. But since the oldest boys aren't married yet, we're probably "safe" from the grandkids for a couple more years (knock on wood).

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 44 and had my first Grandchild, girl, in June and my oldest married in July.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    please don't kick my assss for this, as I'm leaving myself wiiiiiiiiiiide open on this one,

I'm 90% sure I have a daughter in europe, and she would be about 27. Which means I'm probably already there.

But the kids i have with my woman are 19 and 12, so no grandbabies (that I know of) by them.
    Last edited by Times Roman; 10-02-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: felt like it

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    please don't kick my assss for this, as I'm leaving myself wiiiiiiiiiiide open on this one,

I'm 90% sure I have a daughter in europe, and she would be about 27. Which means I'm probably already there.

But the kids i have with my woman are 19 and 12, so no grandbabies (that I know of) by them.
    LOL, anyone who flames you on this only got LUCKY in their younger days. I could have easily been a father 30 years ago many times but I got LUCKY..... Hell If I had started a little sooner and got Unlucky and the kids followed the same suite like many do and had kids before 18 I could easily be a Great Grandfather by now.

whynot960 is offline Associate Member
    42 yrs old here and I have a 2 and a half yr old granddaughter, And it is awesome she is my lil buddy, I know this may sound bad but I think you appreciate your grand kids more than you kids, could be cause I am more mature now then when My kids were young.
    mike

Thread Information