yannick32 is offline Associate Member

Talking So **** confused

Can anyone help me, i need to lose 15 pounds, i am gonna be 33 in June and can't seem to lose thoses **** pounds.

I have a bit of back pain which dont help my cause. I started training again after a month layoff, went back to cardio with stairmaster.

How much cardio should i do, and that **** intensity thing, burning to much glycogen when its high intensity, or low intensity that burns more fat????

Why is it so hard to lose weight after 30???

Any good tricks would be good for me.

Thanks guys.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    What's your diet look like?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    You think loosing fat is hard at 30yrs wait till you hit 40! Keep THR below 80% anything above is cardio vascular stealing muscle. 65% < 1hr is probably okay but not high intensity. Eating smaller proportions everyday over time is paramount. If you pig out with wednesday pasta day full huge plate then you will fail. I still myself have way too much blubber around waistline evan though it does not look it. Homonal imbalances can weak havoc after 40.

Thanks guys, diet wise i try to cut the sugar, and of course the high carb stuff.

Will try to hit 1 hour cardio a day, got a new girlfriend now so i guess that we can go walking each night for a good hour and morning cardio too.

Will keep you guys posted.

AAJB is offline New Member
    You can do it, you just have to find the right combination that works for you. Diet is the major factor with cardio and weights coming in second. I started at 31yrs old and weighed 265lbs, my last birthday "34" I weighed 174lb. It takes time, especially when you get older like us. Good luck.

AAJB that is quit impressive, thanks, i will take the time to lose weight properly.

AAJB is offline New Member
    That's the right approach, when I first started I lost 70lbs in six months. Even though that sounds great, I burnt a ton of muscle. It took me over a year to gain the lost muscle back. It also made it hard for me to lose the rest of the weight. Muscle burns fat, if you lose too much muscle, then you dont burn fat nearly as well. So stay on the weights to help offset the muscle you will burn during your cardio. And follow bluethunders advice about how to approach the cardio.

that is great stuff guys, i have also started going yoga with my girlfriend which helps my back spasm a lot, when everything is better i would like to start some power yoga which is pertty intense.

For the weight training any tricks on how i should split my training for max fat loss???? and should i always go heavy?

Thanks.

bioallen is offline New Member
    might wanna check this out
    http://ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=229

GL Btw

Chris

Bioallen that is great stuff thanks man i will print that out of sure, i have already started to do lots of what i written in the article.

Thanks again

No problem, its worked for me great so far.

Chris

I have sent you a few pms with alot of awsome information

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    You think loosing fat is hard at 30yrs wait till you hit 40! Keep THR below 80% anything above is cardio vascular stealing muscle. 65% < 1hr is probably okay but not high intensity. Eating smaller proportions everyday over time is paramount. If you pig out with wednesday pasta day full huge plate then you will fail. I still myself have way too much blubber around waistline evan though it does not look it. Homonal imbalances can weak havoc after 40.
    Ha wait til you over 50. Took me 6 months to drop my B/F from 33% to yesterdays 18% and I'm gonna get this shit off if it kills me. only 8 % more to go.

Good luck lol , yeah it is coming off slow, i did cut out sugar , high glycemic carbs and all the crap that raized insulin .

Upped cardio everyday and this seems to be working fine.

Thread Information