Thread: 30 plus

bex
    bex is offline Banned

30 plus

At 30 plus what are you realy looking for???????????Most people our age are settling down to married life and kids ..a good well payed job and looking for a quiet life......So what makes you strive to be bigger stronger and better than the young bros??(OR IS IT THE FEAR THAT WE DONT WANT TO BE OLD)

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: 30 plus

Originally posted by bexsome
    At 30 plus what are you realy looking for???????????Most people our age are settling down to married life and kids ..a good well payed job and looking for a quiet life......So what makes you strive to be bigger stronger and better than the young bros??(OR IS IT THE FEAR THAT WE DONT WANT TO BE OLD)
    For me its not so much to bigger or stronger than the young fellas, it's to try and stave off Old Father Time.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    im already bigger and stronger than the younger guys! now i want to be bigger and stronger than myself

getting old? pah! old shmold! im old enough already and i dont really give a dam! im going to grow old ungracefully and out train all the young guys until i drop dead!

my occupation (when i am doing it) involves sitting on my ass in front of the pc all day so for me i need to train to keep fit or i will be one of those fat unhealthy people that get called geeks!

in fact im a 300 lb geek

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Re: Re: 30 plus

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

For me its not so much to bigger or stronger than the young fellas, it's to try and stave off Old Father Time.

So what you are really saying is you are SCARED to grow old gracefully.........

SkidRow is offline New Member
    For me, I've noticed a huge difference in the way I shed my winter coat since about 30 yrs. old I have to work alot harder... used to be I'd fart, and brush my teeth and I lost 20 lbs. "LOL" now I really gotta bust ass to find the abs...

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: Re: Re: 30 plus

So what you are really saying is you are SCARED to grow old gracefully.........
    No what I mean is I want to grow old healthy

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i was keeping myself in some sort of condition at 20 and it didnt take much, not even a.s. at that point. now its a full time job trying to keep myself in year round condition.
    bottom line is this though: its something i enjoy immensely, and i dont think i'll ever give it up no matter how old i get. i'll just keep plugging away at it i guess............

peace bb79

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    For me it's more about quality of life. If you are strong and fit.
    You will be able to enjoy your golden years. I would rather be playing catch with my grand children when I'm 90 then be stuck in an old home.

Ajax is offline Senior Member

Re: 30 plus

At 30 plus what are you realy looking for??????????? Most people our age are settling down to married life and kids, a good well payed job and looking for a quiet life......
    Hoooooooo hoooooooo! I don't even come close to following the norm. Never have & probably never will.

Maybe that's the gist of it. I have to be different. If everybody else is getting old, fat & sloppy, I have to look younger, stronger and better!

It's also about growing old gracefully. There's nothing graceful about fat, bad knees, weakness, chronic diease brough on by poor diet and lack of exercise. Like BD says; being able to keep up a good wrestling mathc with your grandkids is grace. (And being able to kick their ass in a wrestling match when they are in college is awesome!)

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    Back when I was in my 20's, a chiropractor/friend told me that life is like a candle - if you use a cheap one, is spitters and sputters and gives you nothing but trouble till you finally throw it away before it's time. If you use a fine, quality candle, it burns steadily and brightly all the way to the end, sputters once and goes out. Now I fully understand what he meant - I'm going for the fine quality, brightly burning candle.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Originally posted by Mrs. T
    Back when I was in my 20's, a chiropractor/friend told me that life is like a candle - if you use a cheap one, is spitters and sputters and gives you nothing but trouble till you finally throw it away before it's time. If you use a fine, quality candle, it burns steadily and brightly all the way to the end, sputters once and goes out. Now I fully understand what he meant - I'm going for the fine quality, brightly burning candle.
    i like that! i like that a lot!

very apt!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I had some health problems a few years back. So I decided the if I started a more healthy life style, at less I would be fighting back. Well thank God it helped. The condition is gone, I'm loving life and feeling a whole lot better then I did when I was in twenties (thoughs were some bad years for me) and thirties (were better, but was paying for my twenties), so I keep at it tring to get better.

I've alway been the type that try's to get as much information as I can so I can strive to be the best I can be at what I'm doing.

JohnnyB

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool As for l'il ol' moi . . .

Keeping it simple, I just wanna get an AARP* membership card. I want to ask for one of those crappy 10% motel discounts, just so I can hear, "Over 50? No, you couldn't be."

I want my own frikkin' copy of Modern Maturity magazine (published by AARP) so I don't have to read my dad's. That way, I'll have my own copy so if I want to take revenge on someone, I can order - in their name - catalogues for wheel chairs, scooters, assistive stair devices, diabetic testing supplies, orthopedic shoes, ostomy supplies, and the spiffiest little retirement communities around.

I've got a way to go, but that's the first thing I intend to do when I hit the big 5-0 . . . And once I have that card, I plan to head straight for the gym and ask, "So, do you have an AARP discount?"

* For the benefit of the youngin's, that's the American Assnociation of Retired Persons, for which the minimum membership age is 50.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    tnt you slay me brother...............you and that freakin aarp thing................hahahaha.

peace bb79

Thread Information