Peterjay is offline New Member

Question newguy where do I start

Hey Hello everyone!
    will I love the site so far its awesome. as of yesterday I thought you injected directly into a blood vessel,so you know I need help Jees lol. Ive already learned so much thru the site and getting really exited about working out.Im 29 5'9" 30W 150lb's this will be my first time working out ever. I'm really confused about what I should take and for how long..Any help or advise anyone could provide would be great. I need help in all areas Thanks all Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newguy where do I start-swimmerboy.jpg  

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome aboard bro!...I don't think you need to take anything, just start working out and eating more protein, and if your not already, try and eat 5 meals a day rather than the standard 3 squares...you'll be surprised at how well your body will grow Naturally in the beginning.There's a million routines I could suggest to you and so could the other member's on the board, but why don't we try and design one around your schedule...how often you think you can train...for how long etc...And stick around the board and READ READ READ!

NoLimits is offline Member
    Welcome.
    Like Mallet said, You don't need to take anything! Just eat and train... You haven't even begun to touch the surface of what you can achieve naturally..
    Last edited by NoLimits; 04-29-2002 at 04:23 PM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Eat alot train hard sleep even more and do lots of reaserch.....Welcome
    bro.....

Hey thanks for the welcome Guys.
    I look forward to learning all I can . I appreciate your advise .
    I can dedicate an hour or more everday.How much is too much?
    again thanks for the welcome Guys

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    welcome bro

peace bb79

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Hey Pete,

Welcome to the board.

How much is too much?

If you are talking about training, 3-5 days a week would be fine don't over work you self. Stick to compound exercises. Get plenty of rest and protein like Mallet said.

JohnnyB

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Welcome aboard

Mallet's advice is right on, follow it and you will be on your way.

Good luck

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome Pete! I would'nt even consider any AS for now. You can make a huge difference in the way you look by eating good and training hard naturally.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Ditto on the waiting a while advice. Your muscles will be in for a hell of a shock when you start training and will respond to the shock with a lot of growth without any steroids ! You could probably pack on as much muscle in your first year without steriods as with them!

Also, you need to strengthen your ligaments & tendons; if you do AS and get to strong too fast, you could easily tear them--and then you will wind up injured, with hospital bills, months of recovery time and you will be limited from then on out!

Welcome! Glad to have you here and good luck! Post sopme 'after' pics so we can see your progress!

Hey thanks again GUYs
    any protein drincks? or other health produst anyone can recommend from the GNC ?I understand I should have 5 meals a day But a basically I Just eat once a day or Two, I never have much of an appetite and never finish my meals,not a big eater,I sometimes have like a hot pocket during the day.What can I do to improve my eating habbits.I do keep fruit in the house and so a snack on those too.
    should I consider a personal trainer at this point.
    thanks for taking the time Guys CYA

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Hey Pete welcome abord bro !

Just like everyone else has said, I recommend that you train naturally for at least a year. See what you can with your body without AS. Read as much as you can and ask questions about setting up a proper routine, and clean eating and getting enough sleep.

Try also to elimiate as much stress in your daily life as you can. I have found that this has helped me gain and lift better.

You are in for the ride of your life, lifting can help you in so many ways,...I.E. self-confidence, self-esteem, and general good outlook on life. Before lifting I was a grumpy and guilt-ridden fool, always looking at bigger guys with jealousy and hate in my eyes. I now know that many of the bigger guys are also some of the nicest and best brothers to have as friends. Case in point is many of the brothers on Anabolic Review.

Have a good one, and listen to what the big boys tell ya. Take notes and keep a lifting journal, now what you lifted on what date and see what progress you make, that will also inspire you on to bigger lifts.

peace & good luck,

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Force yourself to eat. I am a big boy (245 lbs right now; been as big as 275!) and I love to eat, but when I am trying to gain, I have to force myself to eat, eat, eat! Discipline yourself to eat a lot of meals.

If you can, cook up sone big batches of qualty food and package them in baggies/freezer containers that you can take out and eat/nuke & eat with little effort. Making eating easier helps!

Protien shake are OK for filling in when ytu can't realisitcally eat a decent meal (say at 2pm in the afternoon when you are at work), but you have to develop good eating habits or you will not keep gaining or find it hard to keep the gains you make.

Keep reading up on diet. Look at some of the diets that guys here have posted.

Eaet lots of steak, chicken, fish, tuna, eg, low/no-fat milk & other high-protien foods. Fruit is good, but not a lot of calories, so don' tfill up on it. Rige, potatoes, oatmeal, meuseli are all good sources for quality carbs.

Just a few random thoughts....

Thread Information