Thread: Overwhelming

concious is offline New Member

Exclamation Overwhelming

I have been out of school for a long time, and don't remember when I was ever so intimidated by trying to assimilate volumes of information.

I don't come from a gym culture and a lot of the terminology is foreign....reading the different AS profiles got my head spinning. It sounds like a lot of you have done a great job of researching and making an educated decision. I plan to do the same thing, byt at this rate won't be ready for my first cycle for a year....I am not that patient.

I'm 38, have always been good at everything I pick up, and I am pissed at myself for not being able to 1. bulk up -- and I am working my ass off, keeping a pretty rigid diet, etc. 2. Absorb the information on AS to be able to make an intelligent decision.

Figuring that discussing it would help, I have tried to bring it up with close friends and my partner. I have basically been told I am out of my mind and accused of having a midlife crisis.

I have a trainer who I like, and I have tried to hint around the subject...at one point he said he wouldn't recommend AS....I got nervous and cut him off before he could go on. I think he is natural -- I have been working with him a few months and he is "beating the hell" out of my muscles....but it ain't happening. I want to try AS Now and am getting impatient. I read this board and others for a half hour to a couple hours a day.....not sure much is sticking. Anybody else getting a late start and feeling frustrated about just getting off square one?

FYI, I am 6'2". 190lbs, 14%BF...Chest 42, Waist 33, Arms 14, Neck 15.5....well you get the picture

Any input appreciate guys.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Welcome to AR!! You came to the right place!

I would hesitate to suggest a cycle just yet! First you need to get to a doctor and have a full check up done, including the dreaded prostate check! You really do need to get these things checked BEFORE you start using any AS at all or you may run into problems later on.

If you have a problem anywhere, and tell the guys here, they may be able to work around it, or they may just tell you not to bother because it is too dangerous, but either way you need that info.

It does take a long while for some of this info to stick! Most of the knowledgable guys have been doing this for a very long time, which is why they know their stuff!

When you get stuck on something try useing the search button - You can get lots of good info from there, but if you are stuck and cant find what you need just ask! Its what we are here for!

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Welcome aboard Bro !

Hang in there and take it slow, things will start to sink in.

Good luck

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey pardner, boy do I know how you feel! The more research I do, the more daunting the whole thing becomes. Most research papers I've done were easier than this so I know what you mean. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever actually get around to that one and maybe only cycle I was planning on. Plus I'm getting a REALLY late start, I'm ten years older than you. So anyway, you're not the only one here, though I know that's not much of a help in itself.

I' thought I'd had it all worked out -a mild beginner's cycle of 200/Primo/week plus Winstrol maybe the last three weeks. The primo sounded great since it won't suppress natural T levels, at least not much (though I'm still trying to verify that) and the gains one makes are supposed to be not massive but long lasting, exactly what I was looking for. Plus no estrogen, no bloating, no blood pressue/kidney/prostate stress, no weight loss after going off, maybe no need for Clomid. But I'm told I need some kind of test with it, which is putting me off, at least for now, and leaving me doing more reading, more reading, more reading, etc. etc. Beleive me, I feel your pain

By the way, how long have you been lifting?

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it is overwhelming at first! There are so many drugs and each drug has so many names (popular name, one or more chemical names. plus a few esters, brand names...) plus each has different effects and side effects and the combinations multiply the complexity... I know it get's overwhelming!

All I can suggest is KEEP ON RESEARCHING. After a while thngs start to gel and you start to get the big picture--then the pieces start to fall in place very quickly. It's such a deep and complex subject you could probably spend a lifetime researching it and never get all the details straight, but in a few months you will understand have a good overall understanding.

The fact that you are overwhelmed is a good sign: it means that you are doing a lot of research--and that's VERY GOOD.

Stages of knowledge:

1) Unknowing
    2) Simplistic ideas (usually wrong!)
    3) Being overwhelmed by complexity
    4) Development of a general understanding and rational framework to add concepts to.

You are almost there!
    Last edited by Ajax; 06-01-2002 at 01:41 AM.

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    Well, It's good that you are looking to research. Ajax's post was great, that is the exact process we all go through. Learn the drugs, learn the sides. It wont take too long.

I would suggest that you do a search on beginners cycles, learn all about most of the AS suggested there, and then move on.

anyway, I am also 38 and although I've been training for years, a kind of mid life crisis is what led me to my first cycle in 14 years.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    And by the way, if you haven't picked up one of the books out there, it's worth it. I think AR has Anabolics 2002, which was recommended to me and is definitely worth having, in my opinion, if only to have a reference that's in print and not on line.

One observation I'd like to make is how refreshing it is to read people's posts on these sites and KNOW that not one of them is a paid schill of some drug company. I remember seeing a long page once of "testimonials" about Andro some site was selling that were OBVIOUSLY bogus. When people post info about what they've used, it may be anecdotal but you know it's the real thing, and that's definitely worth something.

I'd also like to give a big bump to all the people on this site who A. know what they're talking about B. are taking the time to post it and C. are incredibly patient and respectful, even with us clueless newbies. I really think this is a great bunch of people here.

Soldier225 is offline New Member
    Welcome to the board, concious!

My advice to you? Keep researching, and use your best judgement as information you find relates to YOU personally.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Soldier225

concious is offline New Member

Thanks. Very Cool!

Great encouragement from the Vets as well as the newbies. Thanks Guys. After getting a reamrkably clean bill of health, and having tralked a little to my Doc about what I am thinking....he was actually supportive. Maybe the benefit to having a Doctor on South Beach where there are more than a couple great -- and big-- bodies. I am continuing my research and working out hard. Fine tuning my diet, supplements, and workouts. I guess I should get back to studying. Just wanted to say thanks. You guys are very cool.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    If you need anything at all just ask. And DO NOT feel self concious about not knowing all the lingo, nobody here will point it out and/or flame you for it. This is a journey and you will constantly be learning as you go, we can help with a great many things. There is also the PM feature if you want to ask a specific member a question, you'll find that everybody is quite accomodating. Good luck and welcome

Thread Information