lowt is offline New Member

youngest age for trt

i origionally posted this in the TRT sub board but noticed that very little gets answered over there so i thought i would post i again here.

Hi all just a couple of quick questions.

What is the youngest age you have heard of someone needing HRT.
    I am someone who is relatively fit, had never done steroids or pro hormones. Earlier this year i was feeling really shitty for a long time, no sex drive (drove my partner nuts, was i cheating, did i think they where no longer attractive, etc ,etc, etc.) Well I finally went to the Dr when I stopped having the need or desire for self love and my total T at 9.00am in the morning was 282. Went to endo after waiting for appoinement 4 weeks, He procrastinated, said 282 was not to bad and that he may prescirbe androgel , after more tests and that I was probably too fat which was causing my problem, Im not skinny but I weighed 200 pounds at 5'11". Well they drew blood and made me wait (my sex life, personal life was getting worse) and I was not sure the endo woould give me the gel. So I contacted a HRT clinic out of Florida (they were pretty dodgy) and ordered 200mg of Test cyp for 10 weeks and 200mg of Deca for 10 weeks. Started feeling a hell of a lot better. Finally a week after I started giving myself shots my endo calls and tells me my total T dropped to 223 and he was starting me on androgel.

I am just interested to hear other peoples stories, I am not happy with my endo. I wonder what caused this situation. Now that I am giving myself injections and I feel relatively normal I do not want to stop but I do what medical care I believe and respect.

Oh now that I have finished 10 weeks of therapy I am going off for the prescribed time. I have spoken to the HRT clininc and we are upping my dose to 400 of T cyp and Deca a week. I feel great btw.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    My story is identical to yours. I was 29 and am now 32. My doc wouldn't give me gel because I have a newborn child. he said my 202 test levels were low but that I should really not consider injectible test. His main talking point was that it will shrink my nuts(?? he never heard of HCG i guess) and that it is a big unknown as to what the long term affects would be. I can tell you I would rather chance any long term side effects than feel crappy everyday as I did. I had a hard time making any gains in the gym even though I was diligent and my diet was in check. I would work out (sports or gym) hard and be sore for a week and a half and never feel completely recovered. No matter how hard I worked I wasn't making any progress.

I went the HRT clinic route and never felt better. The clinic is way too expensive but at least it is legal. I would read as much as you can on HRT and what to expect. I personally have decided to self medicate with only the guidance/meds from the clinic. I'm fortunate my father is an MD and can talk to him seriously about what I'm doing. He's not an endo but at least I can run some stuff by him and get an educated opinion.
    I started at 150 mgs a week and have cycled a few times with 500 mg a week with dbol and winny (seperate cycles) It has completely made a huge difference in how I feel. I went from 215 and 30% fat to 200 and 14% (granted I busted my ass)

I would seriously make sure that your goals for HRT are in lione with what the clinic is trying to sell you. If you are only looking for TRT and not to get larger then the Deca may not be necessary and just another way for the clinic to make some cash.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    yah don't get caught up in the clinic sales. I went to one clinic route in Florida and I got Deca , Winny, GH, Anavar , all in one visit. Did I need this stuff, hell no. I just needed test, but they got their scipt quota filled and my insurance covered it. So in all it just pissed me off cause I wasn't in it for BB, jsut to keep myself feeling okay. Which Test was all I really needed.

yeah but i am loving the way i work out, and the way i feel on the test/deca . I really don;t mind also getting bigger loosing fat and being able to lift heavier weights easier. It makes me laugh how I came over to the darkside.

I am going to try and find a local DR, PCP, endo to prescribe for me hopefully that will reduce my cost.
    Last edited by lowt; 10-05-2005 at 09:02 PM.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    You think these docs would try and find a way to raise your natural test first and if that failed after a few months than do something drastic like TRT!

I feel that if my endo had responded to my concerns and started treatment earlier, I would not have gone the HRT clinic route and I would not have found out how much i like having my T levels high as well as the gains I have made taking the Deca as well.

Now I am stuck between 2 treatment paradigms, one conservative non effective and one radical and possibly harmful. I am still trying to find a good Dr to sort me out.

Thread Information