Anthony C is offline Associate Member

Geting gear from your doctor

Well Looking into cycles got me wondering about going to my Doctor and having him write me out a script for gear .Im 34 so not sure where my test levels are at .I had a friend tell me he lowered his natural test with PH's went in and had his test level tested and it showed low and then his doctor wrote him out a scrpit for Test .I will not by gear anywhere unless I had a script for it for obivious reason's ..So have any of you gone to your doctor for this and whats the best way to aproach this ..Thanks

Anthony C is offline Associate Member
    What did some of you do to get the ball rolling with your doctor for HRT?And do they give you enough for a full cycle? I have good insurance so Im hoping that this will help .Thanks again
    Last edited by Anthony C; 11-24-2005 at 10:00 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

What ar PH's?

Got androgel from doc legit with no fakin....just had lower levels (high 200's) at age 36 1/2....alright age 36 5/6...but what's PH's?
    thanks

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    Androgel at 5mg ed won't get you far.

How about twice that?

Thanks for FB NOREGRETS...I just started with that dose...that's all they give at first....still checkin prostrate blood and making sure pituitary is fine since test levels were low for 36. I'm going back soon to go over new levels and of course want more dose....What's your knowledge of the gels...will 10 mg make a dif? I was wondering what the f... was going on....good diet...training 5-7 days a week and couldn't lose any BF and only maintaining (barely) what muscle I had..so i tested my test levels and sure enough 275 once then 298. Just need a boost..gain a little muscle and lose some fat...Any FB is greatly appreciated..thanks again

TheSentinal is offline Member
    By PH's do you mean Pro Hormones? They will shut you down hard - that's why PCT is so important. For you, the question is why is your nat test level so low? Have you been on gear before? I agree that Androgel is not a solution, unless your nuts just stop working. If you take a blood test when off a cycle without PCT, your doc will prescribe Androgel without knowing the real cause. I have seen it happen. My advice would be to determine your "real" nat test levels and then go from there. If you are looking for size and strength, forget the Androgel and go with the real shit. Call Oasis if you need a HRT consultation - the boys there will help you.

You don't think Androgel along with good diet/work over a course of months/years will produce any change in body composition?

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Androgel will help, but I have issues with it. First, you really don't want to be on a permanent test replacement unless you absolutely need it. Second, insurance companies are not fond of paying for the script which can be about $250 monthly (last time I checked). I am just saying to exercise caution.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Last year's thread?

once doc's/insurance start me on it they can't stop paying, can they....isn't Test Repl. Therapy permanent treatment from the get go? And Ufa, I had previously thought that injects were a lot more expensive than my androgel , because my wife (who carries the insurance) said that injects would cost me 20% of the total price instead of a little co-pay....turns out she did a check with depo-testosterone and I found out that is test cypionate , yes? that's a lot better than the gel?

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Yes depot test would be better than androgel in my opinion. The gel provides more stable blood levels of test but has much less peak concentration. I am on the gel now, will be finishing up my 15th day on 10mg of gel. I'm gonna go for another 15 days or so and then request to switch to depot test. The gel is better than nothing, but it is messy, stinks, is time consuming to rub in that much gel, and I have a slight rash where I put it on. I know if I go back to the MD too quickly he will say give it some more time, so here I am.

i was hoping you were gonna chime in...i was wondering anyway...is the depot or cyp considered therapy (meaning taking forever)? maybe is it dosed down and then you can take it extendedly or indefinately like the gel is prescribed? The only prob for me with the gel is just like you said the rubbing and waiting to dress...just another 5 or 10 minutes in the already hectic morning...got more time...some more chime

depot test is used for TRT, sure. Dosage will depend on your bloodwork. I understand the starting dose is from 100 to 200mg 1x/week. After a few months the MD will want a new Free and Total Test level taken and depending on your MD and your levels dosage adjustments will be made. Also there is supposed to be less aromatization with injectables v. the transdermal. Good luck bro..keep us posted.

Pinum is offline Associate Member
    I would add that the transdermals are usually presrcibed in very low doses and the injections are generally more effective. If you are looking to change your lean muscle mass than "Thesentinal" has it right go to Oasis or another age reduction group. If you are suffering from low test symptoms and just want some more energy and sex drive then a regular endo will do the trick. Caution your regular GP or Internest are NOT experts on this subject. I have gotten some horrible direction from some good internests and they know very little about the real world application of hormones especially in a body building enviornment. Ask a few questions about PCT or Estrogen conversion and they get a little lost (for most).

good point...i brought up estrogen with my endo and she was like that has nothing to do with what I'm taking and like i said before...she didn't like me asking xtra ?'s and that pissed me off because she gets paid every time i see her...i have to pay 25 just in copay...i see a new one this Wed...a man this time....you mention LBM and that's all good...but I don't need that much...not that I'm a big ass, but my main concern in like an overall change in composition and maybe I will get that if I am patient with the gel....but It's been a little over a month now and I've been at 10mg for about half that and with the diet/cardio/resistance I am doing I am not seeing enough....i really want to see my estrogen levels...I THINK I'VE BEEN TAKING CARE OF KIDS SO LONG...well, anyway....good point pinum ...I am reading/researching and asking ???'s...really appreciate, man

what if i got a bottle of cyp on the side and ran in addition to the gel....one cycle to boost/get me there and then be able to maintain with just the gel happily ever after... huh?

That is exactly what I'm thinking of doing, although not as cycle, just take my regular 10mg or gel daily and then inject 100 to 150mg of cyp every 5 to 7 to 7 days. I'm still gonna give the gel alone another week or so...maybe...I can hear that cyp calling though.

yeh, man....new endo good....then turning bad? not sure yet...but I got my 10's of gel like you did...he does test on site....he reads my levels after I told him that i had an rx for 5mg, BUT BEEN TAKING 10MG and they're at 700 something....HE THEN CALLS MY PHARM AND CUTS IT BACK TO 5 FU...MG!!!! The dr. office has the "decency" to call me AFTER they call my pharm. to tell me the f...ing "good news"...So I'm pissed and said their must be a mistake....Is he forgetting that I told him that I was taking 10 mg already to get that level he just read WTF? Sorry...he's left for the day....Hope you're still subscribing, Tea....had a few more ? for you, too....hope all is well

That sucks bro...I'm still here but about to get off...you can pm me if you'd like, I'm usually on at least one time every day.

Hiphopharry is offline Associate Member
    Andro gel is just a ****ing jerk off

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopharry
    you bumped a thread that's almost 2 years old to say that?

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiphopharry
    you bumped a thread that's almost 2 years old to say that?

LOL HE sure did

mrbulkncut is offline New Member
    My T levels at 34 were around 96 ( yes 96) so they tried the Androgel , I said that it gave me a rash just like the patch would and now I get to do a Subq injection every week.

Thread Information