Teabagger is offline Senior Member

hrt + antiestrogen???

FNG here. My doc has me on hrt, 200 mg depo-test every 3 weeks. As well I have started gh on my own. At this time I am at 2 i.u. ed. My questions...
    Should I be on an anti-estro as well? This hrt will probably be for life as I am 50. I've read about PCT, but I will never have PCT because I'll never be off.

Any ideas how to convince my doc to allow me to run the test at home myself? I would like something like 60 to 80mg per week of test to even out the ups and down of every three week.

Also back to the gym, the test helped me get some energy and a different outlook, should I be supp with creatine, although I'm trying to lose weight?

Lot of questions....thanks for any responses....

kaorialfred is offline Member
    well as someone who has been on HRT/TRT for about 3 years now.

My opinion is that most anti-estrogen due damage to your cholestrol so staying on one year round wouldn't be good. I have used them to control water weight. But because I am on for life I will alwasy hold water. I hold about 12 lbs when I am not taking anything. I can take Nolva at 40mg for about 6 days and drop the water weight. I use 20mg a day just to maintain when I feel too bloated. But year round it would suck. Because the test injections already screw with my cholest levels not add some anti-e and I have Dr. looking at my bloodwork all worried and scared.

Another thing if you have good insurance you should just try to get the HGH covered. I have heard many get it covered at your age. Now I would look for a new Dr. I went to an Endo, Urologist and Primary care. Along with going to an anti-aging pro-androgen and HGH replacement Dr. So I use to show up at the DR. office and get my shot. I got smart and said my wife didn't want to keep paying for me to come here for an injection. So she wants to give me the shot. I told them which is the truth, that I am afraid of needles and I would never be able to stick myself. So they brought her in and trained her how to inject into my bum. So now I get 1cc every 4days and my wife shoots me. Its cheaper and cost effective.

hope that helps

Thanks man. I am still somewhat confused though. More test in your system means more estro..right? High estro results in higher cholesterol...right, while test reportedly lowers cholesteral? estro results in more bodyfat..? I have researched around this site for several months.

I'm not questioning you, only confused about the effect of hrt and estro levels..and if I should even be concerned with it...

thanks again for the reply...i appreciate it.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    Thanks man. I am still somewhat confused though. More test in your system means more estro..right? High estro results in higher cholesterol...right, while test reportedly lowers cholesteral? estro results in more bodyfat..? I have researched around this site for several months.

I'm not questioning you, only confused about the effect of hrt and estro levels..and if I should even be concerned with it...

thanks again for the reply...i appreciate it.
    well here is the thing, I have always had high cholestrol, being a black male my non-knowledgeable dr. blamed the test but I had high or low levels when I wasn't on test. so there was no proof that the test or anti-e caused my levels to go high or low. I am okay right now the last time we did BW. Estradiol levels need to be checked also. I had a hard time figuring out the right dose too. I didn't respond well emotinally to low dose injections, and it made me seem sicker and tired. Now when I was getting 3 cc a week I felt great, but my choles was not good on paper. So we knocked it down. Now that I have had some years on it, 3cc doesn't affect my levels like it did in the begining. Yet if I add some anti-e to the mix my levels go all over the map. So its going to take some time for your body to respond. I would definately make sure you are getting BW done, eat, right and exercise correctly. Some people just have high BP and cholesterol. Also don't think that your results are going to be like someone who is using A.S.. We are on horemone replacement because we don't produce these horemones. So not to many Dr. are going to give you more than what is needed.

Got it..thanks again...

Thread Information