Thread: fasting

feelnfit is offline Junior Member

fasting

any of you guys tried fasting for about 10 days in between cycles?

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    No. I also really don't see any benefit. I know that you will not lose much muscle if any over such a short time, but why suffer if there is no benefit?

here is the benefit.after 3 days the body lives on its own tissue.
    first, to satisfy its nourishment needs, its starts breaking down and burning cells which are diseased,degenerated, old and dead.during a fast,
    the body feeds on the most unclean and inferior materials in the body, such as fat deposits, tumors, and so forth.cells from important body organs, the nervous system and the brain will not be used.
    with guys wanting to use gear , fasting is a way of achieving new muscle tissue,flushing out toxins, and rejuvenating stregnth and cells.
    even though no protein is consumed during a fast, your blood protein level will remain the same. that is because the protein in your body
    willbe converted from one form to another in order to satisfy specific needs . amino acids-the building blocks of protein can be reused time after time to build new cells.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Is there a source of information about this? I'm not sure I want to do it, but it sounds interesting. For example, how much water or other fluids do you consume while on the fast? Any vitamins or other supplements?

ifound an good artcle from golds nutrition bible. plus i work in nutrition myself and have found books and stuff.
    as far as water make sure you drink distilled water at least 10 glasses a day. i myself drink up to 2 gals a day.only take the vitamins after the fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not drink coffe, tea , cokes ect.. no caffiene or epheridine!!!!!
    take the following vitamins after the fast:
    vit-c 1000-3000 milgrams
    vit-a 15000 units
    vit e 400i.u
    b complex and a good multi
    i also take a zinc,magnesium
    and potassium as wellas ala
    fish oil , saw pallmetto
    and calcium.
    all year round
    use juice for your meals at least 8oz
    celery,v-8, apple
    start by eating only fruits and vegies but not at the same meal
    then after 2-3 days just the juice.
    juice it for about 4-6 days,
    then start back eating 6 small meals
    this will get your system use to food again.
    also continue with the water .

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    You describe easing off of the fast, but what about starting it? Do you eat normally one day and then eat nothing the next?

to start it . eat fruits and vegies. preferably raw.for about 3 days. do not mix fruit and vegies in the same meal since it breaks down differently.drink lots water and add some juice during the low times.
    then after 3 days start the juice only allday. for up to 4-6days.
    hunger will disappear. when on the juice only drink as much as you
    can, this both inreases the cleansing ation and subdues hunger.

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Juice is mostly simple carbs/sugar, looks like your body will be living off sugar. I don't see wear you will get the benefits you described "unclean and inferior materials in the body, such as fat deposits, tumors, and so forth"

natural juice such as celery, apple, and i do not mean to drink juice all
    day long just as much to (fill ) you up for a meal.the juie will stop the cravings for food! natural juices have no-added sugars. and drink plenty of water. remember do not go no more than 10 days.when you fast , organs like lungs,kidneys,and your liver are relieved of their waste loads, freeing them for higher work capacities.

lowell34 is offline Junior Member
    I like this concept. What about fasting Prior to a cycle?

it would work prior and post. to me prior to would give you an edge do to the fact that you have more or less cleansed your body.and your body would act like a virgin (first time) to a Cyle. i my self am doing it before i start a cut cycle then maybe after in between my bulikg cycle.
    i will post my results.
    Last edited by feelnfit; 05-31-2002 at 03:48 PM.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by feelnfit
    ifound an good artcle from golds nutrition bible. plus i work in nutrition myself and have found books and stuff.
    Fasting has been a staple of many "fad" diets over the years. I can't comment on it's effectiveness with any level of certainty, but I am suspicious about claims that it VERY SELECTIVELY destroys "bad cells" and only leaves "good cells." The human body is a complex system and does some amazing things, but it systems are often very generalized and extreme conditions (such as fasting) have many different repercussions thoughout the body.

If fasting was so selective and only destroyed "bad cells" (you even mentioned, tumors), then you just stumbled upon the cure for cancer and have a Nobel Prize coming your way!

Fasting (or any strict diet) causes the body to burn it's own cells for energy--both fat AND muscle. If it only destroys "bad cells," why do I lose strength and muscle size after a period of intense dieting? Those seem like they were "good cells" to me!

Nobody was challenging this, so I decided it was time to play Devil's Advocate and start some debate here...

Any medical studies to back it up?
    Last edited by Ajax; 06-01-2002 at 02:07 AM.

thanks ajax for the post. i myself have never fasted for over a period of 3 days before so i cannot answer that about loosing muscle.
    after reading and studing this type of diet i thought to post it and see if anyone else has tried it.
    the article was written in 1985 since then there has been changes in supplements that to me would allow a fast diet while injesting protein. i too am leary about loosing hard earn muscle but, i am going to try it any way.
    i do not know what type of tumors it was referring to,i do not believe it was something like ancer.
    as far as drs who have input into this diet , hans selye a canadian dr and author talks about it as the fountain of youth.
    andotto f. buchinger talks about the diet being (sabotaged when you return to solid food the wrong way after this diet.
    it has pros and cons about it . so lets hear more debate about it.
    i will post my results so others an decide wether they want to
    try it.
    we only do fasting here in the hospital for certain test.so as far as my nutritional expertise it only goes for medical nutrition. i am now currently enrolled in to sports nutrition to help me better about diets for bodybuilding.
    Last edited by feelnfit; 06-01-2002 at 05:23 AM.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    hans selye a canadian dr and author talks about it as the fountain of youth
    maybe not the same thing you are discussing, but along the same lines: I have seen/read about low-calorie/low fat/low protien diets showing an amazing effect on mice as far as 1) decreasing chroni diseases, 2) inreasing how long the mice stay "youthful" and 3) extending their age; some mice live 2X longer than their non-dieting counterparts! (There was a special with Alan Alda on the topic not long ago on Discovery Channel.)

The only problem with that, is, have you ever seen what the people that follow that diet look like? They look healthy, but in a wiry, grisled sort of way. Maybe they live a long time, but without enjoying food--or sex--what's the use!

i know what you are talking about ajax.but i do believe this would work but not for everybody and certainly not for a long period of time. hell it is hard for me to fast for a cholesteral test! i know your stomach would shrink and i could see people getting sick by binging after this fast.
    the diet that helps me most is high protein low carbs. i start with my daily intake of around 4500-5000 then cut it evry 2-days by 500 until
    i reach around 2500 and i hold there for about 3 weeks.
    i get tired easy during this time but i usaully drop around 4 lbs per week (gear free). i up my cardio to 45 min x days and 3 days i do it 2x a day.
    i leave off all dairy produts and ut my bread to 2 slices a day. i eat mainly rice, chix , salmon , and some red meat. fresh vegies and lots of water. maybe a glass of unsweeten tea.
    i myself was just looking for a diet that would help in detoxifiyng my body inbetween cycles.

Thread Information