dtdionne is offline Junior Member

Test Therapy, Propecia and Hairloss

Hey all, new poster here.
    I am 31 and have been on propecia for 3 years and rogain for 6 and it has worked great at keeping my hair. 3 months ago my sex drive disappeared and last week my doc checked my blood and said that my test was way low (210) especially for someone my age and in my shape (31yeas old, 160lbs, 15.25" bicepst, 42" chest, 30" waist, 7.5%bf on a 9pt). He prescribed 1cc test thearpy a week.

I have had 3 shots so far and I swear the I am shedding a lot of hair, I have not stopped taking propecia or using the rogain, does anyone know if test replacment thearpy at such a low dose could cause this? and if so would doubling up on the propecia help?
    Last edited by dtdionne; 07-02-2002 at 06:41 PM.

ttt

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yes increased test can cause hairloss for sure, maybe proscar lowered ur normal test therefore your hairloss stopped, did u r sex drive lower at all? since u started propecia? that might explain it

peace

Hrm, i though finesteride raised test cause it hindered it's conversion to dht which causes hairloss, could be totally wrong though. Been on fin for 3 years, no noticable side effects early on. Sex drive and test fell thru the floor within 2 weeks, i remeber it happeneing. I think it either has to do with a motorcycle accident that i was in back in 95 or my bf being really low. Anyway would taking 2mg rather then 1 of propecia help? Does anyone else know of what might help?

sperminater is offline New Member
    spironolactone, dutasteride [new]. 2.5 mg of finasteride some people say it work's great. some people say it only work's with test. some people say finasteride doesn't work.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have been using 1.25 mg finasteride since 1998. Works great, has not impacted sex drive. Not sure about how more test would effect hairloss while on it. More may compensate but sperminator is right to mention dutasteride which is new, it blocks more dht and both types instead of one. It just came out and is pretty expensive right now. I got an online doctors consult from medicalwellnesscenter.com for $50. They mailed me a script that I got in 4 days. It was enough for 7 months worth. Just took it to Sam's club yesterday for the first 30 of them and it is $72. That is the cheapest price I have seen right now. I am excited to try it to see if it helps thicken things up a bit more. Will let you know.

See this thread for some links on the stuff. http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=38178

Good luck. Also, I tried the 5% Rogain and had to stop because it would make my scalp itch so bad and would cause my skin to shed. Plus it sucks to put that stuff on twice a day and it smells.

Thread Information