Matty is offline Junior Member

Update on Test Levels

Bloodwork done 4 days after 100mg injection of test enanthate :

FSH & LH: <0.1
    Test: 937 H ng/dL
    Estradiol: 61 H pg/mL

Physician informed me that FSH & LH will shutdown during HRT.

He's concerned that my test levels are too high. He wrote me a script for Androgel . From what I understand, Androgel is not as effective as injects so I'm not too pleased. In addition, Androgel is 4 times as expensive as a vial of enanthate. I still have a full vial of enanthate so...

He said my estradiol levels were slightly higher than normal primarily because of the high test levels. Does this sound accurate? I'm noticing increased fat so I'm thinking I'm probably going to suggest Liquidex or Arimidex .

Thoughts?

peace.matty

viper is offline Member
    matty....blood work 4 days after an enanthate inject....well its going to be high...if your doing the shots every week, it should be tested at the beginning of the 7th day prior to your injection...(explain to your md what peak and trough are actually for), you cant regulate HRT replacement on peak type values......

as far as the androgel ....sorry to hear about the rash and itching you get when you apply it to your skin...wink-wink (it is a common side effect that warrants using a different therapy)....

viper is offline Member
    ok just read the rest of the post...its early so give me a few minutes to think..LOL.....
    like iv'e said before, work to price difference to your advantage...complain about not being able to afford the gel or patches and most will switch you for that reason alone....with all the medicare changes,physicians are very aware of cost analysis/ratios, trust me.....
    as far as liquidex, your md has no access to it via an rx.....and arimidex is not approved by the FDA for that purpose in HRT so most will not give it to you....but its worth a shot to ask for arimidex. all they can say is no....

Matty is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, Viper! I picked up the Androgel over the weekend - Let's see...a 5 mL vial of enanthate is $10 which "should" last me 10 weeks and a 28 day supply of Androgel is $40...hmmmm which one makes more sense??? I read the Androgel insert and it indicated that normal test levels ranges are 298 - 1043 H pg/mL. This would put me in a higher range, but not over. So I faxed over this information to my Dr. and told him that since I'm still within range, I don't want to change my therapy. I also asked that he prescribe Liquidex or Arimidex . I heard back from his office yesterday and he agreed that I should start taking Liquidex or Arimidex but...he wants me to see a urologist. I have a feeling he's reached his knowledge limit in this subject. We'll see what happens!

ps - got your pm and things are back on track

Thanks again bro!
    peace.matty.

Thread Information