edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Talking Age means nothing

I was so depressed about 3 months before i turned 30.

My god me behing 30, after that i have met so intersting people.

Well one of my friends i train with is 42 and man does he look great, even better then the teens at my gym.

ANother one was a guy well in is 60 that trained at World Gym when i was 18, this guy didnt lift big weights but man he was in shape.

Who cares about age the best revenge is living healty.

Most people today meet someone and let themselve get fat, a lot of guys i know have stopped training has soon has they met a girl.

THey do all these sacrfice for the look and after just stop.

I was really glad a few years ago when i went to the high school reunion and saw all the big hot shots with there beer belly mouhahahhahah now it was my turn to laugh at them.

Keep in shape keep fit, i am returning from a back injury, behing off for about 6 months now beleive me training has new meaning to me.

You realize you love a sport when you stop doing it on top i still have my girlfriend so i am doing it for the love of the sport.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to the land of 30, not much difference. I turn 33 in about 2 months and get funny looks from those youngsters at the gym. Like damn and then we talk and they find out my age it's great to see their expression. good luck and train hard.

peace and happy lifitng

feelnfit is offline Junior Member
    hey you guys are the youngsters to me at 44. i can lift more than i could at 20. my bft is lower and most of all i feel better and am in control. age has its rewards!!!!!!!!

edraven29 is offline Associate Member
    Feelnfit i guess that with age we get better knowlege, i to look a lot better then when i was 25.

But my lifestyle has changed a lot too, when i was 25 i ate a lot of junk, wasnt aware of foods you where not suppose to mix, and those high glycemic carbs that are so bad for use, sugar canned stuff etc etc.

I didnt do any cardio either, only lifted weights.

Today fresh veggies are on top of my diet, i dont rely on supplements to make gains or to have a better diet.

And i keep active 6-7 times a week hitting the weights 3 times and doing some type of activity , walking, swiming, climing, biking rest of the time.

I am more active at my job too, i walk a lot, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and usually at noon i walk or run outside if the weither is good.

I guess that we reach a certain point in life where we have a decision to make, let ourselve get fat and eat all the crap we want or respect our bodies and go the fitness way to feel better.

44 could be old if you smoked a lot, drank a lot and hate junk food but not if you have always kept healty, damn i saw 30 year old guys my age that looked 50 becose of all the abuse they did, beer , junk food gained about 60 pounds of pure fat........

feelnfit is offline Junior Member
    thats what ist about how you want to be. i myself want to remain young so bbuilding is what i do to stay that way. in bbuilding ther is no , young , or old cause we are all brothers of iron. there is only eperiene and un experience. be your future. i love to get out and play with the kids. go hiking, bike riding, canoeing ,bball, and other things. without being in shape it would be very hard. hey even at my young age i still get women 1/2 my age asking me out. my wife doesnot think to highly of that be she understands.i do not smoke exept a cigar once a year, and i only drink a glass of wine on my anniverssery and new years.
    id o eat some sweets except now i am utting for the next 4 months.
    anyway. bbuilding is a way of life and helps you in everyday events.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Age means nothing

Originally posted by edraven29

Most people today meet someone and let themselve get fat, a lot of guys i know have stopped training has soon has they met a girl.

ive noticed this as well, as soon as some of my buddies i ran with in high school, settled down..........BANG. fat city. they get complacent thinking they have everything they need now, wife, home, kids, job.........whatever. problem is, they forgot about one thing..........themselves. its sad really...........

peace bb79

digisekt is offline New Member
    I agree with barbells79. People tend to slack cause' they feel they no longer need to impress what they already have. No field no game! For me I didn't start till after I was married and settled. I feel that I get great satisfaction when the younger gals cast a smile in my direction. I was honest with my wife when telling her and at first she was offended in thinking that I'm going to leave her if this sort of thing happens often. In my opinion this could be a healthy way to keep a marrige together. I don't ever feel that I need to pursue anyone else because my total gratification comes from knowing I could. That's good enough for me. When she saw things that way she understood where I was coming from. This is one of things that keep me going and it works great for me.

Being locked in and still finding a way to motivate yourself is the key. What drives you to continue after the playing field is no more?

David B. is offline Member

Re: Age means nothing

Originally posted by edraven29
    I was so depressed about 3 months before i turned 30.

30? I can't remember that far back.

--dnb

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I turnin' 21 for the 26th time on monday, I feel better now then when I was in my late 20's early 30's.

JohnnyB

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Being locked in and still finding a way to motivate yourself is the key. What drives you to continue after the playing field is no more?
    Two thoughts on that. One, I could not disagree with you more. I am 37, married with 2 kids 8 and 13. I do not feel locked at all. My family is my motivation not the outside world. I lift for me, period. No pretty girl will ever motivate me to lift. For me I am glad there can be no one else. Two, the way to keep a healthy marriage is to find ways to make your wife feel special and needed, not trying to explain why girls looking at you is good. I am not flaming you at all. I am a firm believer in each to his own. But after 13 years with the same woman, it is up to me to make it interesting. Lifting for me is a way to relieve the stress of my professional career and beat my ultimate enemy, gravity!!

As for the actual thread, age is what you make it. Just like anything, you create your own destiny. I am definantly stronger now than I have ever been but I also get more nagging injuries (powerlifting can do that!!). All I can say is I am glad to be 37 and "stuck" in my situation. Would have it no other way. As always, just my boring ol' .02.

Oc

Lynn is offline Female Member
    I have to agree... i'm pushing the big 50!!! getting to dam close for comfort and the young guys in the gym i hang out with all think i'm their age.. they are all 30 to 35...And the nicest part of it.. is i keep up to them lifting! Like someone else said, I get people not quite half my age, but early 30's all the time asking me out! I love it.. Being healthy is the best investment anyone can make for themselves.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Ok to the ones who are in their 40s and 50s you won't be as impressed with this, but I was out with a friend who is 39 and when we went into a bar I got carded! I'm 30 so it's not like a huge deal but it made me happy.

zillamonster is offline Junior Member
    Bump Lynn, I turned 51 in October and look and feel like a 35 year old. I refuse to get old and just lay around. Only bad thing is that some of my old friends can't keep up with me anymore, most are couch potatoes now.

Zilla

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I'm with ya zilla

JohnnyB

needtbbig is offline Junior Member
    hey guys i am 37 going on 20 i am bigger and stronger than i haver been.those younger guys have nothing on us.

TripleA is offline Junior Member
    I'm 31 and feel and look better every year. Stay in the gym, fight the future.
    Need, kick ass body for an old man

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Yep going on 35 and I feel good... It could be better but sometimes the mood reflects around your surroundings which are not good for me right now.
    I've lost some confidence, but my actual physical side is pretty good I think for my age. If it weren't for the gym and dedication for a fairly decent diet, then life just feels like its dragging on by. I think some people have no idea what they are missing when it comes to their health. They should take more pride in their self.

Ocnorb36.(quote) ...."the way to keep a healthy marriage (relationship) is to find ways to make your wife (partner) feel special and needed".

Thats nice....
    Babyweight

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    42 and pickin up speed ! enjoying life

Ranman is offline New Member
    Turning 48 this year. Still look 30. Been lift'n for 22 years my boys lift also. Ones a fireman and the other just freekin huge. Have 3 ex-wifes and one 30 year old girlfriend. I'll allways be able to out run the age demon with HRT.

5'9" 210lbs 9%bf arms 18 waist 32 chest 48 the fun is gettn there.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I feel better now at 33 at the gym then I ever felt at 21 working out.

alevok Guest
    I am 31 and have been lifting since 22. From my experiences I can say the older I get the better I look and when it comes to high school reunions I totally crash them, 8 years in gym kept me younger inside and out. I love this sport, doing it for my self not for chicks, after all my physic lures them anyway.

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    it is great to see so many people in their 40's here, for a long time i felt i was the only one doing this stuff !! We all know it truely is the fountain of youth.. do bad the dr's would fess up to the public

msbull is offline Female Member

Well I'm a girl and 45!

And I feel great. And I guess I look pretty good too. I have the BB Body. Never felt better. Age has been good to me.
    Msbull
    Never to Old!!!

Thread Information