forty-plus is offline New Member

Lightbulb Out of Shape Old Fart Needs Help

Hello,

I am 40, 5'9" tall and weigh 245lbs (at Dr. last week). I have been lifting off and on for 25 years with never more than a year or two between training (family matters slowed down my dedication here and there). But, I have never had to deal with the "middle-age spread"

Two things have happened in the last couple of years that has contributed to my being severely out of shape. 1) I had surgery on my a**ominal wall that stopped me from lifting (about 2 years ago), then I got lazy; and 2) I quit tobacco about 4 months ago and have gained 20 lbs.

I have recently begun lifting again 3 days a week for about an hour each day with cardio 30 min. 2 days a week. I have also begun a low fat/ low carb diet consisting of a lot of baked chicken, tuna, wheat bread, ect.

I am also very tired and have no sex drive. As I said, my doctor says that my bloodwork is fine, and all aspects appear normal.

I am considering Test either alone of stacked to boost my energy and help me regain some youthful spunk, as well as build some lean mass. The goal is to build some mild mass, tone out, and generally be physically fit.

I fully understand the importance of diet, and have started that already. I plan to lift for at least six months or so before beginning any steroid cycle. I have also read somewhere that a little Test will be good for me.

Sorry for the rambling, but I felt it necessary to give some basic info so that those of you who answer will have something to go on.
    My questions are:

1) Should I just use Test alone to achieve these results, or should I
    stack?

2) Although I understand the rules regarding sources, I am curious as
    to how one begins to search for a reputable source? I am just
    asking to be pointed in a general direction, from there, I can find
    my way.

3) What product will give me the best "bang for the buck" (with the least
    risk) to achieve my goals?

I have been hanging around here for a few weeks reading up on a lot of things from what product is best suited for my age to diet tips to workout regimen. In two years, I have gone way downhill. Please help, and thanks for taking the time to do so.
    Rich
    Last edited by forty-plus; 10-24-2007 at 11:31 AM.

forty-plus is offline New Member

stacking question

After looking at this post today, I can see why no one posted a reply........... sounds kinda retarted. I'm kinda bummed by this whole turning 40 thing. I am also in the worst shape of my life to boot......... REALLY DEPRESSING!!!!

The only question really, is this: should a first time user use test alone (cyp@ 400mg/wk for 12 weeks), or stack with other compounds to achieve tone and the goals stated in the above post? Any help would be appreciated.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    hahaha.. don't feel bad,,

I'm 46, but my injury was when i was much younger..

5'9" 210 right now..

Diet will be everything for you.. for a fast fix..

sex drive MyogenX will do wonders for you to increase your sex drive..

Amplify 02 = energy on workout days as well as non workout days

LipoFlame = fat burning..

I would be willing to bet that although you think your diet/food consumed is good, it's way off..

Welcome to AR..

In my signature are many links with great info..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

sprintr is offline New Member
    What where your testosterone total and free testosterone levels ? You doctor might be a HRT boob.

I've seen lots of older guys with lower test levels. I'm 35 and my total test was 900+ (natty) so I didn't jump on the TRT bandwagon - atleast I have no need to (yet). I suggest that you figure out what your levels are at and if they are even in the lower range, consider getting TRT.

HGH also has some great benefits for older bros, but, it's a bit on the pricey side, especially with a script. If you got a good source, I would say give that a run!

Cycles are always good, but you really want to make sure you got good base test levels to maintain your gains imo. If you are low on test, it will be an uphill battle trying to keep muscle on IMHO.

Chuck_R is offline Member
    Hey Forty-plus, ask your doc for a copy of your blood work...my doc always gives me mine w/out asking. Also try to get your post count up to 25 so I can pm you. Something that is very important-keep a journal of everything you do: workout, diet, supplements, mood, sex drive, it's a pain in the butt, however it's important.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Spy's right on the money, a real good look into your diet, some change made will be the best way to start. Once your diet gets in tune most other things follow. Although HRT works well, its a life time comitment, shots never go away and become tiresome. I would work right off of what Spy posted above, thats the safest and most logical way to start.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

goose is offline Banned
    Agreed spy is one smart guy,always on the money,

luckylou is offline Banned
    im 47 and going to start my 2nd cycle of Test e 500/wk with D-bol 50 mg a day 1-4 wks.

im in the best shape i have been in in years.

i started at 5'10 231lbs 25% body fat.

i did cardio and diet to get to around 12% body fat before my first cycle.

my first cycle was Test e only with good results.

Remeber Diet is the key to any cycle.

If you dont stick to it to the letter, then your throwing your money away.

i'm now at 205lbs

I want to get to around 10% body fat before i start my 2nd cycle.

Its tuff, all my gear is here looking at me, but im gunna wait.

im reserching the best diet right now. Reserch takes some time till you can put it together.

good luck to you.

Peace out.

fli
    fli is offline New Member
    I think you should avoid steroids right now and just, maybe, do some lifestyle changes. I was on the of bad health until I caught myself.

I'm still young (26) but my father is older than you, and from what I see-- the best thing you can do is just excercise. Minimum is 30 minutes a day, and you can reverse so many of your problems including low testosterone levels .

He may not lift and he's still a round guy, but at least he's healthy. He manages his diabetes very well with out any need of medicine.

Avoid sweets, white bread, soda, fatty red meat...
    and so many stuff fix themselves.

BB2K is offline New Member
    I agree with fli. It is best that you get back into shape 1st, get a few months at least under your belt before gearing up. When I came back from having 4 knee surgeries, I waited a year then started slowly. I am now in the best damn shape I have ever been in my life and plan to keep getting better, DIET is everything, gear doesnt make the body... Food does.

Thread Information